ADVERTISEMENT

To Negative Nellies

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
And you know who you are...

IU has officially NOT regressed from last year in terms of total wins.

No one is delusional and saying “it’s been an awesome year!” PSU & MN are two games IU should have won. Mental collapses.

Penix perhaps should have played earlier but had he not been injured vs PSU, likely would have been a starter. But we sure have seen the future for next year with 4 years eligibility left.

If IU upsets PU to win Bucket it’s bowling.

Recruiting still looks good..

Staff changes likely after the season.

Stop trolling for firing of Allen. It’s unproductive and not going to happen. Let the season play out and see where it goes.

Enjoy a W today or let those happy for any good need of late to do so. Cheers.

Can anyone explain the "should have beaten PSU" narrative? We were only ahead in the 2nd half of that game a whole 20 seconds for crying out loud.

Reactions: coachv jr
And you know who you are...

IU has officially NOT regressed from last year in terms of total wins.

No one is delusional and saying “it’s been an awesome year!” PSU & MN are two games IU should have won. Mental collapses.

Penix perhaps should have played earlier but had he not been injured vs PSU, likely would have been a starter. But we sure have seen the future for next year with 4 years eligibility left.

If IU upsets PU to win Bucket it’s bowling.

Recruiting still looks good..

Staff changes likely after the season.

Stop trolling for firing of Allen. It’s unproductive and not going to happen. Let the season play out and see where it goes.

Enjoy a W today or let those happy for any good need of late to do so. Cheers.
Oh please, you can step down from the soap box anytime & stop trolling "negative nellies". You're doing the exact same thing you accuse them of, just because you think yourself to be "optimistic"---doesn't mean you're right, or righteous. I swear, you "Positive Patsies"--we need a phrase for that crowd--are just as negative as the people you attack for being negative. & all of this not even mentioning that your apparently feeling all vindicated over a win that was hardly a "proved the doubters wrong" type of situation Far from it, actually. & I'm sorry, it's nothing personal against you in particular, I just don't wanna hear it. Sorry, i'll stop now. Go Hoosiers!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bang63 and fpeaugh
Can anyone explain the "should have beaten PSU" narrative? We were only ahead in the 2nd half of that game a whole 20 seconds for crying out loud.

Costly fumbles: One by J-Shun on a punt return. The other Ronnie Walker when were driving at the beginning of the second half.

A 94 yard kickoff return after we had just taken a lead.

Penix getting injured.

Take those away and we most likely win.

Reactions: SBendguy
Costly fumbles: One by J-Shun on a punt return. The other Ronnie Walker when were driving at the beginning of the second half.

Penix getting injured.

I don’t throw Penix getting injured in this as that’s football. But Special Teams had a total meltdown on two kick offs and then fumbled punt return- ALL when we were taking momentum and then just pissed it right away. Allen’s words were “it almost made me puke” it was that bad. Not saying for sure win but any reasonable assessmen was PSU was not on top of their game or IU had ability to win had not made avoidable blunders.

Oh please, you can step down from the soap box anytime & stop trolling "negative nellies". You're doing the exact same thing you accuse them of, just because you think yourself to be "optimistic"---doesn't mean you're right, or righteous. I swear, you "Positive Patsies"--we need a phrase for that crowd--are just as negative as the people you attack for being negative. & all of this not even mentioning that your apparently feeling all vindicated over a win that was hardly a "proved the doubters wrong" type of situation Far from it, actually. & I'm sorry, it's nothing personal against you in particular, I just don't wanna hear it. Sorry, i'll stop now. Go Hoosiers!!

My argument is B10 is tough, don’t trash the coach to be fired during second season and that even with all that always admitting there are issues that need to be addressed. But being realistic that it takes recruiting, execution to start turning the ship, which is at same 5 games as last year and clearly not wheels completely falling off like Hazel comparisons.

Your types criticize people being realistic but not bombastic as “accepting mediocrity and apologists.” Totally unfounded and not true, but makes you guys feel better when called out on being buffoonish. Read CCrush posts from yesterday (or damn near any from fpeaugh) - they are negative, critical, sky is falling rankings from the first mistake of the game and go deeper into raging lunacy almost. And then (like you) trash a “bad win” because it wasn’t the pitch perfect win you guys think it should have been.

Penix getting injured.

My point was, we weren't ever in control of the game. And we were around a two touchdown underdog. Penn State tried to let us back in the game by not milking the clock and allowing an onside kick recovery. So I disagree in anyone's general statement that it's a game IU should have won.

My argument is B10 is tough, don’t trash the coach to be fired during second season and that even with all that always admitting there are issues that need to be addressed. But being realistic that it takes recruiting, execution to start turning the ship, which is at same 5 games as last year and clearly not wheels completely falling off like Hazel comparisons.

Your types criticize people being realistic but not bombastic as “accepting mediocrity and apologists.” Totally unfounded and not true, but makes you guys feel better when called out on being buffoonish. Read CCrush posts from yesterday (or damn near any from fpeaugh) - they are negative, critical, sky is falling rankings from the first mistake of the game and go deeper into raging lunacy almost. And then (like you) trash a “bad win” because it wasn’t the pitch perfect win you guys think it should have been.
Like me? My type? Oh what the hell ever. I never said I was one of your "negative nellies", just that you are, & you don't even know it. You don't know what you're talking about. I didn't trash a bad win, I just hear you trumpeting our win as if we just won the B1G title, but more than that, it's the fact that you sound like you were just waiting for us to win a game--any game--so you could criticize "negative nellies" & say "I told you so!", as if that chance to criticize is your entire goal, not the fact that we won. & that is bullshit, & no better....no scratch that, it's WORSE than someone constantly whining about & putting down IU & the program.

Last edited:
Like me? My type? Oh what the hell ever. I never said I was one of your "negative nellies", just that you are, & you don't even know it. You don't know what you're talking about. I didn't trash a bad win, I just hear you trumpeting our win as if we just won the B1G title, but more than that, it's the fact that you sound like you were just waiting for us to win a game--any game--so you could criticize "negative nellies" & say "I told you so!", as if that chance to criticize is your entire goal, not the fact that we won. & that is bullshit, & no better....no scratch that, it's WORSE than someone constantly whining about & putting down IU & the program.
Well, now I've seen everything. That is some remarkable spin there. A diehard IU fan wants his team to win, not because he bleeds cream and crimson, not because of Hoosier Pride, not because he wants his team to go bowling, not because every loss is like a blow to the gonads, but because a win enables him to log into a fan message board and criticize negative posters.

Classic.

Penix getting injured.

PSU also had 3 fumbles on punts and KOs, none of which we got.

All that said, when the game was on the line, they manhandled us. Once they ran that kickoff back 80 yards and scored a play or two later, the writing was on the wall.

Reactions: IUgradman
Well, now I've seen everything. That is some remarkable spin there. A diehard IU fan wants his team to win, not because he bleeds cream and crimson, not because of Hoosier Pride, not because he wants his team to go bowling, not because every loss is like a blow to the gonads, but because a win enables him to log into a fan message board and criticize negative posters.

Classic.
Yup, it is remarkable, but sure as hell not unusual.

I can "trumpet" as win any GD way I want to and you can stick it up your frigging a** for all I care...dont you even dare to try to pin that horse crap on me or any here. You are asking for it...

And trust me...nothing on earth is worse than a stinking whinner...other than a coward...and they are closely related...
Lol!! Who r u, & Wtf r u talking about?

I don't believe in the "Should Have Won" games. I used to think like that but stopped myself because it gave me an unrealistic view and left me feeling like we blew it when in fact we got beat. (I do feel we've been screwed more than our fair share by the zebras but that's another thread. Big Grin!) You win or you don't. Maryland fans will say they should have beaten us but they didn't. We win the ones we win. We need one more and have two to do it. Go Hoosiers!

I can "trumpet" as win any GD way I want to and you can stick it up your frigging a** for all I care...dont you even dare to try to pin that horse crap on me or any here. You are asking for it...

And trust me...nothing on earth is worse than a stinking whinner...other than a coward...and they are closely related...

Asking for it...? And what specifically are you going to do about it?

I'm not sure if there's anything more cowardly than acting tough on the internet.

The back and forth on this board between the two factions is nonsense. There are some glaring issues within the program. Leadership happens to be the biggest one. There do seem to be an awful lot of "I told you so" posts around here after Indiana escaped with a victory. I'm not sure I've seen a more divided fan base, and that's too bad.

The back and forth on this board between the two factions is nonsense.
Aren't you contributing to it?
There are some glaring issues within the program. Leadership happens to be the biggest one
That is merely your opinion, and a controversial one I might add. Opposing viewpoints are not permissible?
There do seem to be an awful lot of "I told you so" posts around here after Indiana escaped with a victory
Where are all of these "I told you so" posts from Indiana fans? What I'm reading are posts from fans who are: a) happy about the win; and b) responding to negative posters who, for three weeks, were proclaiming nothing but gloom and doom.

Aren't you contributing to it?

That is merely your opinion, and a controversial one I might add. Opposing viewpoints are not permissible?

Where are all of these "I told you so" posts from Indiana fans? What I'm reading are posts from fans who are:

Am I? I didn't know I was in one of these factions. My recent interaction on this forum had more to do with defending the fan base from ridiculous accusations than criticism or praise of the staff.

You're joking, right? Stating that there is a leadership issue with this program/Athletic Department is hardly an opinion or controversial considering the 20+ years of mismanagement by the Indiana Administration. It would take some kind of extreme sycophant to claim otherwise.

You're right, I guess the posts lauding the Maryland win coupled with the anti-"negative nellie" comeuppance had nothing to do with "I told you so." My mistake.

Reactions: Upset Alert
You're joking, right? Stating that there is a leadership issue with this program/Athletic Department is hardly an opinion or controversial considering the 20+ years of mismanagement by the Indiana Administration. It would take some kind of extreme sycophant to claim otherwise.
So you've gone from leadership issues "within the [football] program" to Athletics and administrative mismanagement. Keep moving those goalposts, pal.

So you've gone from leadership issues "within the [football] program" to Athletics and administrative mismanagement. Keep moving those goalposts, pal.

Uh..go back and reread my original post. It doesn't mention football at all. It was you and your assumption that inserted [football] as the specific subject.

So no goalpost were moved, except by you, pal. If you're going to try and sharp shoot me, do a better job.

Never viewed myself as a "negative nellie" (side note: I was a toddler when LBJ used the phrase) and I am not sure whether I fall into the focus group on this one. I have tried to note my desire for IU football success and simply suggested where I thought problems might exist. Not sure I am middle of the road, but I believe I can see both white lines from my location. That said, I think PR had the best day I have seen from him. Does this mean I have no concerns as to the QB position? Nope, but I am encouraged. Great seeing Hale and Westbrook involved in the offense. Tackling is starting to scare me a bit. Bottom line: it was a good win to get. I have to tell myself that it was Maryland (the poster boy for an up and down team) and we had to hold on to get the win, but we did enough to get the win and that is what counts. Strangely, this might be a turning point. Note I said might. If we are able to perform as well (not necessarily win) in both remaining games or a least win the last, I might feel some momentum with IU football, which I think would go a long way for players, staff and recruiting. How we come to play in the next couple games will be important in my analysis of where the program is going. The Purdue game needs to be one that shows two things: We show up ready to beat them (team attitude unlike last year) and have a disciplined, focused effort. Likely will be playing for a bowl, bring your best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT