ADVERTISEMENT

TMP ... TommyCracker ... other guitar players...

Nah, we're a long way from downtown Atlanta . . . and we have a pretty good manner in dealing with the police, as 3 of MrsSope's brothers were career policemen. (The 4th was career navy, and taught at the War College in Newport after his stint was over.)

We're good. The most damage we've sustained over the last month is our neighbor put up a shed next to our fence (with the appropriate setback). If that's the worst that befalls us . . . .

I am delighted to know she's healthy. Is she doing OK otherwise? And in school?

We've been known to create trouble, just for the privilege of seeing y'all's faces when we do. Won't be the last, I'm afraid . . . .

All good news.

Don’t want to jinx her, but she got married in January and no one got Covid as a result! She finished her internship in May, and is officially done with school. Speech Pathologist, with letters after her name. Staying on to work at the same long-term care facility. She works in the rehab wing, but occasionally helps/covers in the nursing home and dementia/memory care wings too.

Her brother made the face shields she’s been wearing! Proud of him too. He rejected the extra $600 unemployment to work for these guys (starting at 1:20, he’s the tall dude with the man bun and long sleeve gray-green tee shirt - she’s the one on the right at 1:54 ):

Otherwise, he is still deciding what he wants to be when he grows up, after a “gap year” being a beach dude in Australia.

Hope your kids are all good too.

PS - been dieting, trying not to die and getting in shape for a day at the Masters. Down 65 so far. Almost not fat. Will soon end the diet with a Wild Eggs omelet, grits of the day, bacon and Texas toast. You and yours stay safe!

If you had around a $1000, what acoustic guitar/brand would you be looking at? Hoping to get the lifer acoustic guitar. I think I’m ready for this kind of investment.

TIA

no 2 guitars are the same, and acoustics vary more from guitar to guitar than electrics imo, since the wood is the amplifier..

and everyone has different hands, fingers, and tastes, so the one someone else loves may not be for you, and vice versa.

needs to be an in person thing, not an internet thing, as you need to hold it, hear it, play it, check the action, etc, especially if going beyond a starter guitar, paying the money you're talking about, and looking for a lifer.

speed date the guitar shops, and try them all out. (if you're young enough to not be too covid at risk).

as long as it's a trusted brand, get the one you like best for how it feels to you holding it, size, neck shape, sound, playability/action, looks, and get the one you like best for the money and don't get hung up on brand, as long as it's a trusted brand for quality..

and if you fall in love with one, get it.

the same make and model on the internet will not be the same guitar, as again, no 2 guitars are the same. (and more than just the sound can vary).

disclaimer,

drummer, not much of a guitarist, though i used to have a great classical guitar i puttered around with. (stolen, and irreplaceable to me).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT