ADVERTISEMENT

TMP, I need some suggestions from you.

IUJay1

Senior
Nov 27, 2006
I'm going to be in Seattle at the end of the month for a farewell party thrown by some who work for me and would like to try some of the finer goods from the local dispensaries.
What is your favorite and do you prefer smoking, vaping, or edibles?
Thanks for your suggestions.

Anyone have any suggestions, just want to give it a try after thirty years off from any form of this recreation?
The doctors gave me 1-2 years to live due to my cancer getting worse.
Thanks for ant suggestions.

like with finding the best restaurants...ask the locals where they go...

like with finding the best restaurants...ask the locals where they go...
Except the locals in Indy will tell you where the nearest Olive Garden and Red Lobster can be found. Too many chef driven independent restaurants are closing here. People in Indy still prefer steak and corporate restaurants.

I'm going to be in Seattle at the end of the month for a farewell party thrown by some who work for me and would like to try some of the finer goods from the local dispensaries.

sigh ...

Go for a Sativa dominant, especially if you're planning on drinking. Though it's more psychoactive, it's less detrimental to functionality. Stay away from heavy Indica unless you want to be a vegetable.

Noobs and edibles don't mix. Vape or smoke. When you go into a shop, ask for something "functional", only take a hit or two and wait. If you end up doing an edible and do too much remember this. You will not die from cannabis, it's impossible.

The people in the shops will hook you up, tell them what I said above, and talk to them.

Enjoy ..

Get a vape pen. Very easy to not over do it going that direction.,

If you must get the edibles, take one 'dose' (probably 10mg)....And leave it be for 2 hours or so. More than that, you risk ruining your day/night. But I'd just avoid them all together if I were you. They last a lot longer....maybe longer than you want.

sigh ...

Go for a Sativa dominant, especially if you're planning on drinking. Though it's more psychoactive, it's less detrimental to functionality. Stay away from heavy Indica unless you want to be a vegetable.

Noobs and edibles don't mix. Vape or smoke. When you go into a shop, ask for something "functional", only take a hit or two and wait. If you end up doing an edible and do too much remember this. You will not die from cannabis, it's impossible.

The people in the shops will hook you up, tell them what I said above, and talk to them.

Enjoy ..
Thank you, I don't drink so that won't be an issue. Been out of the game so long I have no idea what is the best for me.

Get a vape pen. Very easy to not over do it going that direction.,

If you must get the edibles, take one 'dose' (probably 10mg)....And leave it be for 2 hours or so. More than that, you risk ruining your day/night. But I'd just avoid them all together if I were you. They last a lot longer....maybe longer than you want.
Thank you

Is the goal to get relief from pain, relief from nausea, or just to have a break and feel good?

I'm no expert, but the people at a good shop will have experience in matching a type with a desired effect.

Sounds like on this trip you just want to enjoy, but you might want to go ahead and ask them about specifics, what is good for nausea, pain, promote sleep, etc. YOu can find someone you trust to help you out when you are home, should you decide to go that route. I have a couple friends that have been pretty ill and their symptoms were relieved more by weed than many of the stronger drugs the doctor wanted to give them.

Is the goal to get relief from pain, relief from nausea, or just to have a break and feel good?

I'm no expert, but the people at a good shop will have experience in matching a type with a desired effect.
Right now just a break and feel good.

Sounds like on this trip you just want to enjoy, but you might want to go ahead and ask them about specifics, what is good for nausea, pain, promote sleep, etc. YOu can find someone you trust to help you out when you are home, should you decide to go that route. I have a couple friends that have been pretty ill and their symptoms were relieved more by weed than many of the stronger drugs the doctor wanted to give them.
Yes, I am looking into that and have a list of questions to ask while there. I'm done with all of the drugs, it isn't going to matter at this point so I have been working on checking things off of the bucket list. I do plan on talking to several friends about this on a local level.

Thank you, I don't drink so that won't be an issue. Been out of the game so long I have no idea what is the best for me.
The new stuff has been bred for quality of buzz, though it's far more potent ie 18 to 24mg vs 8 to 14 it has very little burn out or headachey like feeling associated to it.

Yea, you'll be fine. Take a couple hits every couple hours for a nice mellow buzz. Since you don't drink some of the lighter Indicas will also work.

For recreational, and social, just tell them you don't want "party killers" or "couch lock". Stay away from pure Sativas also, it gets racy. Hybrids are best.

fwiw - I like Lemon Pie, Super Lemon Haze, Oregon Huckleberry. And, of course, OG Kush. Most of those should be available on the West Coast.

Yes, I am looking into that and have a list of questions to ask while there. I'm done with all of the drugs, it isn't going to matter at this point so I have been working on checking things off of the bucket list. I do plan on talking to several friends about this on a local level.

Have a good trip. Try a variety of stuff.

Sorry to hear about your condition.

The new stuff has been bred for quality of buzz, though it's far more potent ie 18 to 24mg vs 8 to 14 it has very little burn out or headachey like feeling associated to it.

Yea, you'll be fine. Take a couple hits every couple hours for a nice mellow buzz. Since you don't drink some of the lighter Indicas will also work.

For recreational, and social, just tell them you don't want "party killers" or "couch lock". Stay away from pure Sativas also, it gets racy. Hybrids are best.

fwiw - I like Lemon Pie, Super Lemon Haze, Oregon Huckleberry. And, of course, OG Kush. Most of those should be available on the West Coast.

This is why I asked you, you know your shit! thanks

Have a good trip. Try a variety of stuff.

Sorry to hear about your condition.

Thanks twenty, I've come to grips with my battle with cancer, I have made my peace with it. I worry a hell of a lot more about my wife and daughter, they didn't take the latest news well.
I just want to make it until May 19 when my daughter graduates from college, she is number 2 in her class with a chance to be number 1, and just a real kind soul. I couldn't be more proud of her for her academic achievements, but also for being such great human being.

Reactions: twenty02 and kkott
try a variety.

get a little of indica and some sativa, and possibly a little with some qualities of each.

indica is more for relaxing in you room in the evening imo,

sativa is more day pot imo.

let the sales clerk guide you, they should know their product.

smoking is always the preferred deliver platform imo, as it's really easy to gage how high you're getting as you go.

with edibles it's harder to gage, since they don't kick in till after the fact of eating it.

edibles are popular because while it's legal to buy there, it's not legal to use in a lot of the situations that's you'd like to enhance.

like anywhere public.

dinning out, (recommend), a music venue, (highly recommend), just walking around, golf.

can't really light up in public discreetly, which is why edibles are popular, as they can be taken discreetly.

don't drive if you haven't used before, have someone else do that.

enjoy each moment and day, and have a great time in Seattle. i'd love to get there myself some day.

Last edited:
Anyone have any suggestions, just want to give it a try after thirty years off from any form of this recreation?
The doctors gave me 1-2 years to live due to my cancer getting worse.
Thanks for ant suggestions.
Sorry to hear about your health concerns. My thoughts and prayers are with you to feel well as long as possible. People often do better than the doctor's projections.

So what else is on the bucket list? The way we die can be a reflection of the way we live. Go after it and make every day count! Leave no regrets my friend.

try a variety.

get a little of indica and some sativa, and possibly a little with some qualities of each.

indica is more for relaxing in you room in the evening imo,

sativa is more day pot imo.

let the sales clerk guide you, they should know their product.

smoking is always the preferred deliver platform imo, as it's really easy to gage how high you're getting as you go.

with edibles it's harder to gage, since they don't kick in till after the fact of eating it.

edibles are popular because while it's legal to buy there, it's not legal to use in a lot of the situations that's you'd like to enhance.

like anywhere public.

dinning out, (recommend), a music venue, (highly recommend), just walking around, golf.

can't really light up in public discreetly, which is why edibles are popular, as they can be taken discreetly.

don't drive if you haven't used before, have someone else do that.

enjoy each moment and day, and have a great time in Seattle. i'd love to get there myself some day.

Again, why to go with the vape pen. Very easy to use anywhere discretely in public without causing an issue. Hell, we sat and used one on the patio of an Outback steakhouse last week in MI with no issue.

Of course, if I was in Jays health situation, I'd just fire up wherever and whenever I felt like it, and giggle at anyone who made an issue of it.

Last edited:
So what else is on the bucket list? The way we die can be a reflection of the way we live. Go after it and make every day count! Leave no regrets my friend.
So far I have gone skydiving, seen the Great Wall of China,and am scheduled to play 18 holes at Pebble Beach, and go on a safari in Africa. t
There will be additions to the list

Again, why to go with the vape pen. Very easy to use anywhere discretely in public without causing an issue. Hell, we sat and used one on the patio of an Outback steakhouse last week in MI with no issue.

Of course, if I was in Jays health situation, I'd just fire up wherever and whenever I felt like it, and giggle at anyone who made an issue of it.
I told my wife something like that but not as nice as giggling, more like f them if they don't like it.

Sorry to hear about your health concerns. My thoughts and prayers are with you to feel well as long as possible. People often do better than the doctor's projections.
Thanks,I was told to years ago I had two years left and I'm still here!

Thanks,I was told to years ago I had two years left and I'm still here!
Absolutely! You have no expiration date! They gave Valerie Harper a short time to live and she is still here many years later. A co worker's mom was given a few months to live. She sold her house, car,and most of her possessions before doctors realized her condition was treatable after she outlived their projections. Keep fighting!

You can come to my house for the 2024 eclipse!

So far I have gone skydiving, seen the Great Wall of China,and am scheduled to play 18 holes at Pebble Beach, and go on a safari in Africa. t

any desire to see a big hurricane up close?

no way am i ever jumping out of a plane in flight, i don't care how many parachutes, (or how much toilet paper), i have on me..

i know nothing of vaping, so will defer to others on that.

No running of the bulls?

You're making me tear up....I know there is no sentiment on the AOTF. Good luck on the bucket list stuff. Think we can all of us, on every forum probably agree on only one thing....Cancer sucks.

When and where is your safari? How about a hot air balloon ride ? After I went skydiving this summer, that's next on my list. ( My ears hurt for several days after..did yours?)

May I also suggest zip lining in Costa Rica. One of the best experiences in my life! By the way if any bucket list items involve a prostitute I'm good for $10.

May I also suggest zip lining in Costa Rica. One of the best experiences in my life! By the way if any bucket list items involve a prostitute I'm good for $10.
Damn, I left that off, my wife is planning that trip right now. No prostitutes, but that did make me laugh

When and where is your safari? How about a hot air balloon ride ? After I went skydiving this summer, that's next on my list. ( My ears hurt for several days after..did yours?)
My wife is finalizing the details, I will post the details as soon as I have them.

You're making me tear up....I know there is no sentiment on the AOTF. Good luck on the bucket list stuff. Think we can all of us, on every forum probably agree on only one thing....Cancer sucks.
Don't tear up zeke it's all good, unless you talking about that dumbass Trump, then we all should tear up.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Costa Rica is amazing, one of my favorite trips. I went zip lining there also. I love how you can travel just a few hundrered miles and have totally different sceneries, from rain forest, to cloud forest, volcanos, desert, oceans. We loved the baths in Arenal Hot Springs.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Costa Rica is amazing, one of my favorite trips. I went zip lining there also. I love how you can travel just a few hundrered miles and have totally different sceneries, from rain forest, to cloud forest, volcanos, desert, oceans. We loved the baths in Arenal Hot Springs.
If you go zip lining in Costa Rica I'd highly reccomend doing it in Monteverde. I agree with Zeke about the Hot springs in the Arenal. Don't go there however thinking you'll have a view of the volcano. It's constantly raining which actually adds to a positive experience with your lady. If money isn't an issue I'd spend money to stay at the Nayara Hotel Spa. It's pricey but if you can afford to stay there for two nights it's money well spent. Gotta stay in the adults area only though. It's easy to spend up here and save money everywhere else. Do a swinging bridges hike, rain forest hike, cloud forest hike and a night hike. I reccomend having a guide as they can show you a lot of things you wouldn't normally notice.

If you go zip lining in Costa Rica I'd highly reccomend doing it in Monteverde. I agree with Zeke about the Hot springs in the Arenal. Don't go there however thinking you'll have a view of the volcano. It's constantly raining which actually adds to a positive experience with your lady. If money isn't an issue I'd spend money to stay at the Nayara Hotel Spa. It's pricey but if you can afford to stay there for two nights it's money well spent. Gotta stay in the adults area only though. It's easy to spend up here and save money everywhere else. Do a swinging bridges hike, rain forest hike, cloud forest hike and a night hike. I reccomend having a guide as they can show you a lot of things you wouldn't normally notice.
Agree on all those...it wasn't raining when we were there and the volcano erupted. It was pretty cool. It poured then for two days after.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT