ADVERTISEMENT

TJD

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
I think I read where he won a gold jersey in practice. It may have been a tweet or something.

Anyone hearing anything about practice(s)?

Reactions: shady910
TJD, if not asked to do too much, will thrive in college basketball. If we see him handling the ball and shooting threes we are in trouble. Crean would for sure have curling to the top of the key for fade away threes.

I expect TJD to average 3.4 dunks a game, about 9.7 points, 4.8 boards, over 23.8 mins a game while shooting 64% from the field. If he stays around the basket he will get great looks just by being active and athletic. I have a feeling Archie uses him very well and does not give him any liberties to do what he might want to do like he did Romeo.

TJD, if not asked to do too much, will thrive in college basketball. If we see him handling the ball and shooting threes we are in trouble. Crean would for sure have curling to the top of the key for fade away threes.

I expect TJD to average 3.4 dunks a game, about 9.7 points, 4.8 boards, over 23.8 mins a game while shooting 64% from the field. If he stays around the basket he will get great looks just by being active and athletic. I have a feeling Archie uses him very well and does not give him any liberties to do what he might want to do like he did Romeo.

One of the things I seem to remember noticing about or thinking Phinisee was good at was drive and dish. A big man with good hands is a great tool for a pass-first PG to have... all the more if he can make FTs! Simple way to get a few extra points a game. I hope RP and TJD (and DD and JB, RT, et al...) have good chemistry that way.

One of the things I seem to remember noticing about or thinking Phinisee was good at was drive and dish. A big man with good hands is a great tool for a pass-first PG to have... all the more if he can make FTs! Simple way to get a few extra points a game. I hope RP and TJD (and DD and JB, RT, et al...) have good chemistry that way.

I think that is a relationship that will develop into a great tandem. I don’t know about Traces hands, but I’m certain he is super athletic and bouncy. Should have quite a few easy dump offs for dunks from rob.

Reactions: Sassy61 and ufo33
Green and Davis had a pretty good chemistry between them. Green was the best we had at entry passes into Davis. Davis provided a good target and has good hands.

Having someone like Davis and TJD on the court together will be a nice change. Being able to go to the bench will be something we haven't had since DJ White played here.

I think I read where he won a gold jersey in practice. It may have been a tweet or something.

Anyone hearing anything about practice(s)?
I've been wondering the same. TJD is one player I am glad to see getting a gold shirt. I would love Hunter to get one yo pick up where he was last year.

Green and Davis had a pretty good chemistry between them. Green was the best we had at entry passes into Davis. Davis provided a good target and has good hands.

Having someone like Davis and TJD on the court together will be a nice change. Being able to go to the bench will be something we haven't had since DJ White played here.
We could have the IU Davis brothers just like Trace's Dad had with Antonio Davis on the Pacers.

Reactions: ufo33
I just want TJD to develop a 15 foot Mid-Range game. We don’t really need to have this guy playing like a stretch 4. He’s so athletic around the basket.

Reactions: moneyadvisor

Green was the best with a entry pass?? lol ok

He was and Bud basically stated why and is on point.

Green was our best facilitator in sets using posted players and rolling players.

Those were not his problem areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
Who was better? Phinisee penetrated and dished, but wasn't as strong feeding the post from outside the lane. Green was the best at getting the ball inside to Davis. Ask Archie If you get a chance.

Green's biggest issues were ill-advised shots, not knowing when a pass was too risky to complete, and being careless on the dribble.

Who was better? Phinisee penetrated and dished, but wasn't as strong feeding the post from outside the lane. Green was the best at getting the ball inside to Davis. Ask Archie If you get a chance.

Green's biggest issues were ill-advised shots, not knowing when a pass was too risky to complete, and being careless on the dribble.
Phinisee is the best PG on the roster, Green is the best 2-guard. As a PG Green commits too many risky unforced TO, Phinisee is more under control.

Reactions: kkott
Phinisee is the best PG on the roster, Green is the best 2-guard. As a PG Green commits too many risky unforced TO, Phinisee is more under control.
I'm not saying Green is the best PG. I am saying there is one area he was better. Hopefully, Phinisee will gain that skill this year or in the future.

A team gets better when individual strengths are recognized and employed for the betterment of the team. Green has a skill we need to use.

Reactions: minneman and kkott
I'm not saying Green is the best PG. I am saying there is one area he was better. Hopefully, Phinisee will gain that skill this year or in the future.

A team gets better when individual strengths are recognized and employed for the betterment of the team. Green has a skill we need to use.

Green was good at getting it into the post, quick and confident. Sometimes a bit over confident you could definitely say. But that is has worst attribute, and I’m ok with that. Archie will reign it in more this year. But if and when he does his spin ball pass into the post. I will fire utter a few obscenities.

Green was good at getting it into the post, quick and confident. Sometimes a bit over confident you could definitely say. But that is has worst attribute, and I’m ok with that. Archie will reign it in more this year. But if and when he does his spin ball pass into the post. I will fire utter a few obscenities.
Over confident is a good description. He would often surprise the defense and get a difficult pass inside. At times he got caught trying to repeat a similar play against a defense that learned from an earlier play.

Green is aggressive. You need people like that, but they need to have the voice in their head that tells them when to hold back.

IF Green can feed the post with a fundamental low risk pass that's a solid play. If Green tries to go East Coast flash and throws it away then it is better to not attempt to make the risky pass at all. Cutting down on turnovers is far more important to winning close games than to see how many flashy highlight-reel passes can be made in a game. Forget the flash, win the game. Go the the Tournament.

Lots of comments about Furst, but none about Kaufman. To someone outside IN, trying to read the recruiting tea leaves, it feels like maybe Kaufman is becoming the more likely IU get, and not Furst. For those who have seem them play, how do you rate both, and which do you prefer? I've heard it said they won't go to the same school... do you agree?

Over confident is a good description. He would often surprise the defense and get a difficult pass inside. At times he got caught trying to repeat a similar play against a defense that learned from an earlier play.

Green is aggressive. You need people like that, but they need to have the voice in their head that tells them when to hold back.
No more turnover ball from Crean.

Reactions: RRgo

Realistically agressive is good.
Recklessly agressive is very bad.
I like the catch and shoot Green better.

Realistically agressive is good.
Recklessly agressive is very bad.
I like the catch and shoot Green better.
I am hopeful more drives will end with TJD or another player getting a layup with more post options. It is part of the chemistry and unselfish play Archie has mentioned.

I expect a Thomas Bryant like FR year. Somewhere in that 10 and 5 range would be good for him.

Reactions: ufo33
Crean's first 2 years were worse.
Crean started with Kyle Tabor.

Archie started with Morgan and Johnson.

And Crean shouldn’t be the barometer for success either. But Archie is sure helping his image with every loss he posts.

Reactions: beenther1s
Crean won 2 conference games last year at his new gig. Was Tabor in they team too? But keep pumping that Georgia sunshine. Lol.
Tom Crean is far more accomplished than Archie. Both now and at Archie’s age. We took a clear step backwards.

ADVERTISEMENT