ADVERTISEMENT

TJD Named Wooden Finalist

Cheaney was on a team that spent 5? weeks as #1 and no lower than #6 and B1G Champions back when it was earned. He had a leg up of TJD but no matter what, Very impressive accomplishment for TJD. An award that isnt as important to todays society as it once was. JMHO.
Cheaney was so enjoyable to watch. I remember seeing that class versus ND as freshmen. Man that was something. I know they came down to earth and struggled a little (as freshmen) in conference play, but man did they make up for it. I believe as a class they won more games over a four year period than any other Hoosier team. Their last two conference seasons were unbelievable. (ARGH KU, Duke, Ted V., Alan’s injury)

I don’t really know how CC could be anything less than a top 5 “favorite” player of any IU fan. So smooth, Walter Payton.ish “Sweetness” .

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Also named Karl Malone award winner … as top power forward.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2023/4/...s-named-karl-malone-power-forward-of-the-year

“Jackson-Davis joins Montrezl Harrell (Louisville, 2015), Georges Niang (Iowa State, 2016), Johnathan Motley, Baylor (2017), Deandre Ayton (Arizona, 2018), Zion Williamson (Duke, 2019), Obi Toppin (Dayton, 2020), Drew Timme (Gonzaga, 2021), and Keegan Murray (Iowa, 2022) as recipients of the prestigious award.

2023 Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Men's Starting Five
Bob Cousy Award (Point Guard) – Markquis Nowell, Kansas State
Jerry West Award (Shooting Guard) – Marcus Sasser, Houston
Julius Erving Award (Small Forward) – Jalen Wilson, Kansas
Karl Malone Award (Power Forward) – Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award (Center) – Zach Edey, Purdue”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT