ADVERTISEMENT

TJD cancels pU visit and recruiting updates...

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Dreary days up Laffatit way. Imagine my despair. From Inside the Hall:

Updates on Trendon, TJD, and a major in-state prospect for 2021

Trendon Watford will meet with Indiana, Vanderbilt, Kansas, and TCU at his high school in Alabama, according to Adam Zagoria of the New York Times and SportsNet New York.

Trayce Jackson-Davis, a five-star recruit from Greenwood, IN, took his official visit to Iowa this weekend. He has also canceled his visit to Purdue, per Matthew Bain of Hawk Central, in order to focus chiefly on his final list of five schools.

Indiana also offered a scholarship to Khristian Lander, a 2021 guard from Evansville. Lander announced the news Saturday via Twitter. He is one of the top point guard prospects in his class, and the highest rated recruit in the state of Indiana for 2021.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/...e-offers-top-15-pg-prospect-in-class-of-2021/

Lander wants to study engineering.

That’s a good thing for Purdue, Illinois, and Michigan. Not so much for us.

He’s going to be a terrific PG, though.

Lander wants to study engineering.

That’s a good thing for Purdue, Illinois, and Michigan. Not so much for us.

He’s going to be a terrific PG, though.

If he really wants to study engineering, it won’t be at Purdont. It takes too much time studying, and I know Painter wouldn’t want him taking that much time away from the court to study. I have an ex whose best friend had a brother that played at Purdue, wanted to study engineering, was told what I just mentioned, and opted not to take it on while he played there.

The gist is, if he really is a top point guard prospect, he’s not choosing Purdue anyway.

FYI, IU has engineering degrees also. It’s in informatics.

While different from the traditional Engineering pillars of mechanical, electrical, industrial, etc that PU excels in; IU structured innovative multidisciplinary programs aimed at tomorrow's leaders. BS, MS, and PhD tracks in Intelligent Systems. Bioengineering, computer, cyber, environmental, molecular and neuro.

Combines the technical discipline with the leadership skill-based programming IU is so famous for.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Nashville and Vandy is probably closer to Evansville than Purdue. Isn't Vandy a solid Engineering school.

While different from the traditional Engineering pillars of mechanical, electrical, industrial, etc that PU excels in; IU structured innovative multidisciplinary programs aimed at tomorrow's leaders. BS, MS, and PhD tracks in Intelligent Systems. Bioengineering, computer, cyber, environmental, molecular and neuro.

Combines the technical discipline with the leadership skill-based programming IU is so famous for.
IoT is a growing field and one my company is very involved in. We have two patents filed for some devices that could become popular. We are working with Amazon to roll out technology to battle counterfeit products. Products you buy are able to give you access to a lot of information and capable of reordering itself from your local store or an online source such as Amazon.

I was happy to see an ad on the jumbotron last year about the IoT program at IU. Very cool. We are hiring people in that field right now.

IoT is a growing field and one my company is very involved in. We have two patents filed for some devices that could become popular. We are working with Amazon to roll out technology to battle counterfeit products. Products you buy are able to give you access to a lot of information and capable of reordering itself from your local store or an online source such as Amazon.

I was happy to see an ad on the jumbotron last year about the IoT program at IU. Very cool. We are hiring people in that field right now.

It was up there again Saturday.

These programs are awesome because it gives future leaders of industry and policy a technical background sometimes lacking with MBAs. Best of both worlds...technical skill sets without the back room lab-only limitations on so many traditional engineers.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT