ADVERTISEMENT

Time to pre-order Madden 18!

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
fantastic cover!

yes, the main edition is in fact OFFICIALLY titled the G.O.A.T. edition!

Not unofficially, but OFFICIALLY. Most knew already the identity of the G.O.A.T., but the rest have woken up!

Manning and Montana ballwashers are stepping to the nearest ledge...

Every NFL fan of the Colts, Jets, Steelers, Dolphins, and Bills having to stare at a 15 second loading screen of the GOAT, the player that haunts them, is epic!

18402857_1788524181166416_5338848436066052715_n.jpg

You losers will probably pine for a major injury. Let the curse strike, you losers say!

The curse hasn't really hit the last several years like it once did.

-Polomalu and Fitz both played well after being jointly on the cover in 2009.
-Drew Brees didn't miss any time in 2010.
-Calvin broke the receiving record in 2012.
-Both Sherman and ODB were just fine after they made in on 13 and 15.
-Barry Sanders never broke a hip after making the cover in 14.

Most guys who got hit by the curse were injury prone anyway. Think about it: Vick, McNabb, Lewis, V Young, even Gronk? Not to mention most of the cover athletes used to be RB's. Running backs tend to hit walls in their career out of random anyways. Peyton Hillis was a one year wonder, it was very predictable that he would regress. Marshall Faulk was a 30 year old Back. The list goes on...

So I'm not really buying the curse.

But you guys HAVE to hang your hopes on SOMETHING, I guess.

fun fact...

If the patriots go 12-4 in the regular season, Brady's career winning percentage DROPS.

AMAZING FACT...

You know how some teams get into a shootout and have to rely on their QB to carry them? That is almost always a bad idea. If a QB has to sling it 50 times, you lose. Well, unless you have the GOAT. There is one entry on this table not like the others!

explanation: 13 QBs in NFL history have thrown 50+ passes in a game 8 or more times. They are among the greats, at least in the modern era. One guy is 18-9. Nobody else is over 0.500. Manning was 4-13. Brady is 6-2 in doing it in the PLAYOFFS, more such wins than anyone else is the regular season PLUS playoffs!

C39e5jtUYAA4Fg1.jpg

not to worry if you're not a xbox user, it is also available in all formats!

i
You are an adult male, correct? You have children, correct?

It makes me almost nauseous to consider what type of self-harming experiences your children must choose to expose themselves in order to compensate for your fatherhood. Satanic worship, self-mutilation, huffing paint.

Don't be surprised when one comes home from college with a surgically enhanced receding hairline engineered to the exact measurements of Peyton Manning to spite you.

Reactions: MillerTime
It makes me almost nauseous to consider what type of self-harming experiences your children must choose to expose themselves in order to compensate for your fatherhood.

All three of them are pursuing degrees, two in Ivy league schools, thanks. Physics, veterinary medicine, and a degree in something called "sustainable global development". None are Coltish fools.

All three have been recognized for their huge commitment to community service. Between the three of them, they have helped build infrastructure, schools, and homes for the poor in Costa Rica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Dharamsala, India (home of the Tibetan government in exhile), Delhi, and Amman, Jordan. I probably missed a few.

How are your kids? Are they out on parole yet?

Reactions: AckAck
They sound like intelligent and productive citizens and you should be as proud of them as your Linked-In resume post implies you are.

I applogize if I insulted you; I assumed an adult who spends his Friday afternoon bragging about the cover of a video game and constantly bandies about the term "mewling quim" could take a joke.

They sound like intelligent and productive citizens and you should be as proud of them as your Linked-In resume post implies you are.

I applogize if I insulted you; I assumed an adult who spends his Friday afternoon bragging about the cover of a video game and constantly bandies about the term "mewling quim" could take a joke.
Violation. Never apologize. Especially to the human shitstain.

fantastic cover!

yes, the main edition is in fact OFFICIALLY titled the G.O.A.T. edition!

Not unofficially, but OFFICIALLY. Most knew already the identity of the G.O.A.T., but the rest have woken up!

Manning and Montana ballwashers are stepping to the nearest ledge...

Every NFL fan of the Colts, Jets, Steelers, Dolphins, and Bills having to stare at a 15 second loading screen of the GOAT, the player that haunts them, is epic!

18402857_1788524181166416_5338848436066052715_n.jpg

You losers will probably pine for a major injury. Let the curse strike, you losers say!

The curse hasn't really hit the last several years like it once did.

-Polomalu and Fitz both played well after being jointly on the cover in 2009.
-Drew Brees didn't miss any time in 2010.
-Calvin broke the receiving record in 2012.
-Both Sherman and ODB were just fine after they made in on 13 and 15.
-Barry Sanders never broke a hip after making the cover in 14.

Most guys who got hit by the curse were injury prone anyway. Think about it: Vick, McNabb, Lewis, V Young, even Gronk? Not to mention most of the cover athletes used to be RB's. Running backs tend to hit walls in their career out of random anyways. Peyton Hillis was a one year wonder, it was very predictable that he would regress. Marshall Faulk was a 30 year old Back. The list goes on...

So I'm not really buying the curse.

But you guys HAVE to hang your hopes on SOMETHING, I guess.

fvckin dork.

Reactions: C-$
fun fact...

If the patriots go 12-4 in the regular season, Brady's career winning percentage DROPS.

AMAZING FACT...

You know how some teams get into a shootout and have to rely on their QB to carry them? That is almost always a bad idea. If a QB has to sling it 50 times, you lose. Well, unless you have the GOAT. There is one entry on this table not like the others!

explanation: 13 QBs in NFL history have thrown 50+ passes in a game 8 or more times. They are among the greats, at least in the modern era. One guy is 18-9. Nobody else is over 0.500. Manning was 4-13. Brady is 6-2 in doing it in the PLAYOFFS, more such wins than anyone else is the regular season PLUS playoffs!

C39e5jtUYAA4Fg1.jpg

fvckin dork.

Reactions: C-$
All three of them are pursuing degrees, two in Ivy league schools, thanks. Physics, veterinary medicine, and a degree in something called "sustainable global development". None are Coltish fools.

All three have been recognized for their huge commitment to community service. Between the three of them, they have helped build infrastructure, schools, and homes for the poor in Costa Rica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Dharamsala, India (home of the Tibetan government in exhile), Delhi, and Amman, Jordan. I probably missed a few.

How are your kids? Are they out on parole yet?

Nice.

Outside Shooter: post more about your kids than Brady going forward. Sounds like all three are better humans than Tom Brady will ever be. Frankly, in your shoes, I would be idolizing your children, not some guy who is much younger than you and whose major accomplishment in life is PLAYING A GAME.

Your priorities are screwed.

My kids are great and there's no controversy about that.

Meanwhile a number of very foolish people on here have been riding Brady down for over a decade, calling him overrated, a system QB, a product of dumb luck, etc. Remember when he came back from injury in 2009 at age 31 and Moops called him old and undraftable in any fantasy format?

Like VPM, I preach to the unwashed heathens. I preach facts, though.

Here's a nice interview where Brady downplays talk of him being great. He's even humble! Lots of things to like. He's grown on me a lot. He is still not one of my favorite players, but he's certainly worthy of respect.

The main topic: has Brady surpassed Jordan as the greatest American team sport athlete EVER? Pretty clearly yes, I'd think.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...g-nba-hall-famer-michael-jordan-ultimate-goat

Your priorities are screwed.
YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!
very foolish people on here have been riding Brady down for over a decade, calling him overrated, a system QB, a product of dumb luck, etc.
Brady has been that he’s a product of the Patriots system who wouldn’t have all those rings if not for Bill Belichick. When asked whether or not he believed he was the GOAT, Brady essentially echoed that argument…

Via ESPN.com’s Ian O’Connor:

“I know myself as a player. I’m really a product of what I’ve been around, who I was coached by, what I played against, in the era I played in. I really believe if a lot of people were in my shoes they could accomplish the same kinds of things. So I’ve been very fortunate.”

You can kind of see where Brady’s coming from. If you switched Brady and, say, Drew Brees, it’s hard to imagine the Patriots not enjoying the same level of success they have over these last two decades.

He's very humble, and very wrong. Switch Brady and Manning, for example, and Indy has 4-5 rings and NE has 2-3 and many chokes.

You also ignore the writer's own opinion: that Brady is about to eclipse Michael Jordan as the greatest team sport athlete in American sports history. Brady isn't going to say that or even agree with that, since he's no Manning-esqe egomaniac.

1) NFL football is a stupid sport, for mostly stupid people.

2) In the grand scheme, it is meaningless.

3) It doesn't matter who the best is at whatever position in a sport so meaningless and moronic.

4) It is kind of "trumptarded" (using your term) for one to be so obsessed about a player of a sport so meaningless and moronic.

You will possibly look back and be ashamed of the amount of time and energy you put into this pointless endeavor. That would actually be an evolution for you, because you currently lack both objectivity and self-awareness on this topic.

You think you are "winning" but what you are actually doing is flinging shit from a cage of your own creation. Most everyone pretty much stands out of your throwing range and laughs.

Apologies to MTIOTF for the shit-flinging analogy.

I just want to share this excerpt from the OTF Murder Mystery from a year and a half ago. Just FYI:

“City officials have already issued a warrant for one Mr. Goat,” a pretty blonde with big hair was saying. “A known figure in the criminal underground of the OTF District, it's unclear what his role today was, but anonymous sources say he is somehow involved with the dead bodies found in the van. The same sources confirm that at least some bullets were fired at the procession itself, although thankfully no one was hit. This Goat is the prime suspect for those shots, as well.”

“Well, this is just great,” I said, and downed a double-shot of amber medicine.

“With me now is a local scientist, who claims he has proof this is all an elaborate setup.”

My ears perked up, and I saw a short goblin-looking man standing next to the pretty lady.

“Yes, I've done some quick calculations on the back of my old Super Bowl XXXIX program, which I always carry with me, and there is no way any of the bullets fired at the procession could have come from that van. There was no clear line of sight. They would have to be magic bullets that break all the laws of physics. It reminds me of that time Tom Brady was accused of deflating balls, which science clearly proves he didn't.”

“Okay,” the blonde said, “what do you mean by that?”

“Well, whoever shot those men in the van did so at about the same time those other shots rang out. This Goat would have had to shoot the men in the van, and then run over to that short plaza over there, and climb onto that wall to get a good look at the procession. By then, it was too late. Not even Superman could have done it. Maybe Tom Brady could have, like that one time we all thought he broke his knee, but he came back out and drove down the field for the winning touchdown. But a normal human? No way.”

“I see.”

“Who is this weirdo?” I asked. Peachie shrugged.

“So what you're saying,” the blonde continued, “is that the man who shot up this van couldn't have been the man who shot at the procession.”

“Exactly. There's no way. Again, unless he was a super human, like Tom Brady. Did you know that he's won over 60% of all the games in which he's thrown 50 passes or more? That's unheard of in the NFL.”

“I take it you're a Tom Brady fan.”

“Not particularly, no.”

I shut the television off. This was getting absurd. At least there was one conspiracy theorist out there who believed in me, though.​

Reactions: MillerTime
Aaron Rodgers on Tom Brady today in Greenville: "He’s the gold standard for QB play in this league, not just now, but for the history of it.

Warning to all parents....this is what happens when one is sent to an all boys college. Lifelong social retard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT