ADVERTISEMENT

Time to end this: "We need Indiana kids..."

All of Archie's recruits have played just fine for their rank/ age (beyond Anderson) . Phin has had a poor year, whether that is injuries or just a sophomore slump.... or some combination.... who knows. But he needed to have a better season for this team to win 22+ games.

My critique of Miller has been on his recruiting. It's been decent, but not nearly such high level that it was going to turn a bad team into a great one in 3 years. I was concerned that momentum would stall, but the Lander commitment shows that it's not the case. But yet still so much butthurt.

His first two classes are solid building blocks for a successful program. He wants to run with the old players in his system, but his old players all have serious deficiencies in their games.

I have no issue with how this year has turned out. Wish we would have won Maryland, Illinois and Wisky game and be at 22 wins, but such is life. We were two or three possessions worse in too many games. The margin between W/Ls at this level is razor thin, and we just aren't there.... particularly at the guard position, which is all that matters in CBB in crunch minutes. We will be in the tourney, much to the chagrin of the losers. And I highly doubt we miss too many tourneys going forward.

Besides, arguing college basketball with the 7 trolls on this board will be as successful as teaching chess to meth heads. Why waste your time?
What happen to Indiana is they they started playing one on one not passing the rock around taking bad shoots that a disaster waiting to happen. Maryland,Arkansas same thing

HS players from Indiana could care less about "Indiana" and "The Name on the Front of the Jersey." Get guys who can rebound and shoot... not just players who can put up points against teams that get beat by 1A schools.
Disagree totally. The reason you want Indiana players because they normally are more fundamental sound and can shoot. Gotta get the right ones and I think they do care what's on front of their jersy.

All of Archie's recruits have played just fine for their rank/ age (beyond Anderson) . Phin has had a poor year, whether that is injuries or just a sophomore slump.... or some combination.... who knows. But he needed to have a better season for this team to win 22+ games.

My critique of Miller has been on his recruiting. It's been decent, but not nearly such high level that it was going to turn a bad team into a great one in 3 years. I was concerned that momentum would stall, but the Lander commitment shows that it's not the case. But yet still so much butthurt.

His first two classes are solid building blocks for a successful program. He wants to run with the old players in his system, but his old players all have serious deficiencies in their games.

I have no issue with how this year has turned out. Wish we would have won Maryland, Illinois and Wisky game and be at 22 wins, but such is life. We were two or three possessions worse in too many games. The margin between W/Ls at this level is razor thin, and we just aren't there.... particularly at the guard position, which is all that matters in CBB in crunch minutes. We will be in the tourney, much to the chagrin of the losers. And I highly doubt we miss too many tourneys going forward.

Besides, arguing college basketball with the 7 trolls on this board will be as successful as teaching chess to meth heads. Why waste your time?
But you told us before the season that this was a top 25 team that could win the conference. We finished 11th. How were you so wrong?

Yes, because taking over at the end of March with 3 kids signed to LOI's means those are your recruits, right? Seriously, Archie is about to bring in his 3rd straight Mr. Basketball. Crean was recruiting "under the radar" kids mostly from the east coast who had potential. Al and Justin were 3 star recruits for good reasons. Nobody in NY wanted DeVonte for reasons. DeRon just had bad luck with injuries. Take into account the APR situation Crean left. Do you really think the culture Archie took over here was positive or negative? Who establishes the culture of the program? In any successful program, it is the upperclassmen. It translates to every walk of life. When you have good, experienced leaders, you have more succes. I don't understand expecting an entire change of culture (and change of system) to be pulled off in 2 recruiting classes and less than 3 years. Can you cite any examples of similar situations (and don't compare Pitino or Matta built programs to Crean built programs, please).
Crean landed a McDonalds All American in 5 straight classes. How do you forget so easily?

By this point he had Watford, Oladipo, Sheehey, Hulls, and Zeller with Yogi a few months away. Crean recruited better than Archie has so far.

That excuse will be used all through next year as well. Bank it.
It’ll be used 5 years from now.

“Well these kids watched a Crean coached team play while they were in diapers...they must be cursed.”

And all this from Crean’s former cult members.

Then, again, UVa doesn't have a single Virginia player on its squad this year, nor was there one last year. It doesn't matter from where they come, you just need good players.
No but they had an Indiana player leading them in scoring ..

Bad example ....

Virginia is not a basketball recruiting hotbed, Indiana is.

Crean landed a McDonalds All American in 5 straight classes. How do you forget so easily?

By this point he had Watford, Oladipo, Sheehey, Hulls, and Zeller with Yogi a few months away. Crean recruited better than Archie has so far.

And Archie has brought in two in two classes. If Lander didn't reclassify it would be three in four classes.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Then, again, UVa doesn't have a single Virginia player on its squad this year, nor was there one last year. It doesn't matter from where they come, you just need good players.

Yes, but they did have a kid from Indiana. Just saying.

The point is that Indiana is a very fertile ground of talent in our own back yard. And they tend to be kids who get what playing for Indiana means to the fans, the school, the state. Most bring a toughness that is developed by playing other players in this basketball crazy state. Now, this remains to be argued if true, especially in todays age of me first, but that is the idea.

Of course you have no issues with the season:rolleyes: I’m sure you’re smiling ear to ear in your candy stripe pants over the tourney bid.

So not as good as Crean? And Crean should be far from the bar of success.

What? Archie could not have brought in five in five years because I hate to tell you but he has not been here five years. Good grief, you are senile.

Reactions: Radio Zero
HS players from Indiana could care less about "Indiana" and "The Name on the Front of the Jersey." Get guys who can rebound and shoot... not just players who can put up points against teams that get beat by 1A schools.
You're joking, right?

What? Archie could not have brought in five in five years because I hate to tell you but he has not been here five years. Good grief, you are senile.
Is he going to have one this year?

It’s hard to get to 5 straight if you can’t get to 3 straight first.

Is he going to have one this year?

It’s hard to get to 5 straight if you can’t get to 3 straight first.
Far as i am concern he signed three 4 stars this year Trey is a 4 star if Lander reclassify he would have a five star this year. That would be a great class right?

Reactions: Al Bino
Far as i am concern he signed three 4 stars this year Trey is a 4 star if Lander reclassify he would have a five star this year. That would be a great class right?
Not at all. That’s at best an average Big Ten class. We’re not going to get where we all want to be with a bunch of sub 100 ranked players.

None of the current 2020 class are impact players. They’re role players.

Not at all. That’s at best an average Big Ten class. We’re not going to get where we all want to be with a bunch of sub 100 ranked players.

None of the current 2020 class are impact players. They’re role players.
Yeah, we need to recruit like UK and turn our roster over ever year, so we can max out at the Sweet 16 / Elite 8.

adapt or get left behind my man
Why would I want my roster turned over every year? And be perpetually young?

IF your going to have OAD’s, you better have really good ones - like top 5 talent. Since 2015, Calipari’s not gotten those kids and it shows. He doesn’t have enough raw talent to compensate for the lack of experience.

Again, no thanks.

Why would I want my roster turned over every year? And be perpetually young?

IF your going to have OAD’s, you better have really good ones - like top 5 talent. Since 2015, Calipari’s not gotten those kids and it shows. He doesn’t have enough raw talent to compensate for the lack of experience.

Again, no thanks.
I respect your opinion tasmanian

None of the current 2020 class are impact players. They’re role players.[/ Time well tell i think that trey may be the best of the bunch.That my opinion and i hope i am right we shall see.GO HOOSIERS!

And Archie has brought in two in two classes. If Lander didn't reclassify it would be three in four classe[/QUOTE Maybe hes not done with this class i think their will be one transfer probably Anderson.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT