ADVERTISEMENT

Time to end this: "We need Indiana kids..."

HS players from Indiana could care less about "Indiana" and "The Name on the Front of the Jersey." Get guys who can rebound and shoot... not just players who can put up points against teams that get beat by 1A schools.

That isn’t why we recruit Indiana kids. We recruit them because they are good. Assuming you take Aaron Henry and not Damezi Anderson.

HS players from Indiana could care less about "Indiana" and "The Name on the Front of the Jersey." Get guys who can rebound and shoot... not just players who can put up points against teams that get beat by 1A schools.
1A TO 4A it a number game that dont mean their better than 1A their more student to choose from 4A. duh!

Reactions: CC Mac
any regional power has to lock down in state talent, Indiana produces high IQ players-something sorely lacking.

Class Basketball is BS, Larry Bird would have been 1a
any regional power has to lock down in state talent, Indiana produces high IQ players-something sorely lacking.

Class Basketball is BS, Larry Bird would have been 1a
You are spot on my friend!

Reactions: ufo33
They all 4 committed to Crean. None of the 4 are from IN.
You can’t hide from the facts.
How do you explain how the rest of the team (besides TJD) isn’t any better? Did Crean put a curse on them? The boogeyman!

Reactions: smitty3725
With that being said, the only ones left are Freshmen and Sophomores. One Senior, Green.
Smith and Durham May have not played for Crean, but they were his recruits. Different mind set when it comes to defense and offense in Coach Millers way of playing.
Smith and Durham were never even on campus one day with Crean. Davis rarely even plays. Enough with these ignorant excuses.

With that being said, the only ones left are Freshmen and Sophomores. One Senior, Green.
Smith and Durham May have not played for Crean, but they were his recruits. Different mind set when it comes to defense and offense in Coach Millers way of playing.
It’s unbelievable that people sincerely believe, with the best of intentions, that players were somehow doomed just because they committed to Crean. It’s so completely irrational but people convince themselves of this nonsense just to ignore the reality of our coach. I know fans of other programs do it as well, but man our fans are about as delusional as they come.

It’s unbelievable that people sincerely believe, with the best of intentions, that players were somehow doomed just because they committed to Crean. It’s so completely irrational but people convince themselves of this nonsense just to ignore the reality of our coach. I know fans of other programs do it as well, but man our fans are about as delusional as they come.

Who TF said that they were doomed. Good grief, quit making shit up.

The discussion was on recruits that were Crean's. That would include the Junior and Senior classes.

How do you explain how the rest of the team (besides TJD) isn’t any better? Did Crean put a curse on them? The boogeyman!

So Thompson isn't any better? Rob hasn't looked.better of late? Hunter hasn't improved over the course of the season? Damn.

Reactions: Al Bino
So Thompson isn't any better? Rob hasn't looked.better of late? Hunter hasn't improved over the course of the season? Damn.
When you get outside your bubble they’re below average Big Ten players. That’s why we finished 11th out of 14 teams. It’s not because the boogeyman put a curse on our bench players 4 years ago.

Reactions: snarlcakes
When you get outside your bubble they’re below average Big Ten players. That’s why we finished 11th out of 14 teams. It’s not because the boogeyman put a curse on our bench players 4 years ago.

Yeah, you haven't watched them then. You said nobody's improved. If you believe that you 're not very insightful. You 're more full of silly platitudes than almost anyone on this forum.

Yeah, you haven't watched them then. You said nobody's improved. If you believe that you 're not very insightful. You 're more full of silly platitudes than almost anyone on this forum.

Feeblemindedpaw claimed last week that Race Thompson would transfer to a small school where he could get minutes. He's just a very stupid person. And senile. A bad combination

Phinesee and Anderson are 2 Indiana kids that should be playing Div 2. Possibly Franklin as well but the jury is still out on him if he can get over the deer in the headlights syndrome.

Reactions: Lucy01
Phinesee and Anderson are 2 Indiana kids that should be playing Div 2. Possibly Franklin as well but the jury is still out on him if he can get over the deer in the headlights syndrome.

BS. Phinisee will be just fine as long as he doesn't get any more injuries. IIRC, he was a four star recruit and before his concussion I thought he was really good. The kid has had some bad luck and he isn't alone on this team.

Yeah, Rob had 7 assists and zero turnovers yesterday. He 's not a volume shooter.but of late, he's hitting what he takes. Why do you say such stupid crap?

Glad to see you are okay Mr. NV! After Wisconsin beat us again for their annual automatic Big Ten sweep of the Hoosiers, I thought you might be on house arrest. I guess you are like most of us by now: numb to the beatings. What part of Wisconsin are you in? Do the natives look upon you with pity or do they rub salt in the wound?

No- none of them look up to par. They’ll be great as another bubble team next year. RP, inconsistent and JH’s shooting is not that great. The defending of Archie and blaming Crean is BS. Archie allows poor defense, poor shot selection , etc. Crean has nothing to do with that.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
No- none of them look up to par. They’ll be great as another bubble team next year. RP, inconsistent and JH’s shooting is not that great. The defending of Archie and blaming Crean is BS. Archie allows poor defense, poor shot selection , etc. Crean has nothing to do with that.
I'm not "defending Archie" or "blaming Crean". If you don't see improvement in the players I mentioned over the course of the year then you simply don't want to see it. Did i.say that they're All B1G caliber at this point? No. I'm saying they've improved over the course of the season. I think it's likely that they improve next season.

Glad to see you are okay Mr. NV! After Wisconsin beat us again for their annual automatic Big Ten sweep of the Hoosiers, I thought you might be on house arrest. I guess you are like most of us by now: numb to the beatings. What part of Wisconsin are you in? Do the natives look upon you with pity or do they rub salt in the wound?
Salt! Of all kinds! Watching the game with "friends" who commented after Buckyville was down nine... "Don't worry, IU can't finish games and will go on their drought... again..." and guess what happened. They even said our front court was "soft". In the first half, TJD had position on Wiskyburg... and tap... tap... tip in by Buckyville. "Soft" TJD finished with (correct me if I'm wrong...) TWO BASKETS... and TWO FREE THROWS!

What? He was 2 - 8 from the field yesterday.
Yeah, I stepped in it on the shooting a bit. He does.have.a.propensity to try to slash intothe paint and finish at the rim against post players who.aren't having any of that.

Yeah, I stepped in it on the shooting a bit. He does.have.a.propensity to try to slash intothe paint and finish at the rim against post players who.aren't having any of that.
His form from the perimeter seems fine, but he’s never looked confident in his shot. Hasn’t really looked comfortable in much of any part of his game.

We all remember Crean as a great defensive coach, right? What point are you attempting to make?

Where are they outside the bubble? Link?

Yes, because taking over at the end of March with 3 kids signed to LOI's means those are your recruits, right? Seriously, Archie is about to bring in his 3rd straight Mr. Basketball. Crean was recruiting "under the radar" kids mostly from the east coast who had potential. Al and Justin were 3 star recruits for good reasons. Nobody in NY wanted DeVonte for reasons. DeRon just had bad luck with injuries. Take into account the APR situation Crean left. Do you really think the culture Archie took over here was positive or negative? Who establishes the culture of the program? In any successful program, it is the upperclassmen. It translates to every walk of life. When you have good, experienced leaders, you have more succes. I don't understand expecting an entire change of culture (and change of system) to be pulled off in 2 recruiting classes and less than 3 years. Can you cite any examples of similar situations (and don't compare Pitino or Matta built programs to Crean built programs, please).

Crean’s kids? All two of them?

Yeah, Rob had 7 assists and zero turnovers yesterday. He 's not a volume shooter.but of late, he's hitting what he takes. Why do you say such stupid crap?

Don’t dislike the kid. Just don’t think he is a Big Ten caliber guard. Would do well at IUPUI or U Indy.

Yes, because taking over at the end of March with 3 kids signed to LOI's means those are your recruits, right? Seriously, Archie is about to bring in his 3rd straight Mr. Basketball. Crean was recruiting "under the radar" kids mostly from the east coast who had potential. Al and Justin were 3 star recruits for good reasons. Nobody in NY wanted DeVonte for reasons. DeRon just had bad luck with injuries. Take into account the APR situation Crean left. Do you really think the culture Archie took over here was positive or negative? Who establishes the culture of the program? In any successful program, it is the upperclassmen. It translates to every walk of life. When you have good, experienced leaders, you have more succes. I don't understand expecting an entire change of culture (and change of system) to be pulled off in 2 recruiting classes and less than 3 years. Can you cite any examples of similar situations (and don't compare Pitino or Matta built programs to Crean built programs, please).
Smith was a 4* recruit. Moore was the other 3*.

Smith and Durham were never even on campus one day with Crean. Davis rarely even plays. Enough with these ignorant excuses.
Crean recruited Green, Davis, Smith, Durham. This is fact. Facts are these are not players that Archie orginally recruited for his style of play.

Crean recruited Green, Davis, Smith, Durham. This is fact. Facts are these are not players that Archie orginally recruited for his style of play.

All of Archie's recruits have played just fine for their rank/ age (beyond Anderson) . Phin has had a poor year, whether that is injuries or just a sophomore slump.... or some combination.... who knows. But he needed to have a better season for this team to win 22+ games.

My critique of Miller has been on his recruiting. It's been decent, but not nearly such high level that it was going to turn a bad team into a great one in 3 years. I was concerned that momentum would stall, but the Lander commitment shows that it's not the case. But yet still so much butthurt.

His first two classes are solid building blocks for a successful program. He wants to run with the old players in his system, but his old players all have serious deficiencies in their games.

I have no issue with how this year has turned out. Wish we would have won Maryland, Illinois and Wisky game and be at 22 wins, but such is life. We were two or three possessions worse in too many games. The margin between W/Ls at this level is razor thin, and we just aren't there.... particularly at the guard position, which is all that matters in CBB in crunch minutes. We will be in the tourney, much to the chagrin of the losers. And I highly doubt we miss too many tourneys going forward.

Besides, arguing college basketball with the 7 trolls on this board will be as successful as teaching chess to meth heads. Why waste your time?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT