ADVERTISEMENT

Tick, tock, tick, tock .................................

ovaltine

Hall of Famer
Sep 3, 2001
Indiana, our Indiana .....
toddtheaxman.0.0.jpg

Whatever happened to Reinheitsgebot? I swear somebody would make a killing if they could make a good-simple pilsner/pale lager...sorry yuengling isn't good

Whatever happened to Reinheitsgebot? I swear somebody would make a killing if they could make a good-simple pilsner/pale lager...sorry yuengling isn't good

What makes you think that the above beer wouldn't conform to Reinheitsgebot? Water. Barley. Hops. I didn't see anything else listed in that beer.

Is Surly not following the German Purity Law? Water, Barley (Malt), and Hops. Sounds like that's what they are putting in their beer.

Reinheitsgebot simply means only water, malted barley, hops and yeast are used; its got nothing to do with a pilsener vs a IPA vs a whatever..Although some styles, like wheat beers, obviously have those adjuncts in the mix.

If you can't find a good pilsener or lager then you aren't trying very hard. Lagunitas makes a nice Pils, and so does Victory (Prima Pils), and both aren't hard to find. There's others. And I've had some good lagers, but they're a bit harder to find because they are harder to make, and take more time.

Hey beer phags, you're now second on the retard totem, to golf phags

Congrats.....

Tons of good pilsners/pale lagers available ..... Victory Prima Pils, Firestone Walker Pivo Pils, New Glarus Two Women, Sierra Nevada Nooner, Left Hand Polestar, Schell's Pils, Surly Hell, 3F's Jinx Proof, etc etc etc.

Who did we pass up to get to second place?

I thought Harley guys were the ultimate phags....

We don't have any Harley phags, do we? I know we had one, but he doesn't post here anymore. Simply, I like most of you. You may be beer phags but most of you have decent personalities. I can't say the same for the golf phags. Unless of course, you're both. Then you should promptly kill yourself.

We don't have any Harley phags, do we? I know we had one, but he doesn't post here anymore. Simply, I like most of you. You may be beer phags but most of you have decent personalities. I can't say the same for the golf phags. Unless of course, you're both. Then you should promptly kill yourself.
What happened to the dude that used to bang older chicks, then come here and report his exploits ..... BigJoshStudd or something like that. He may have been your Harley phag.

Tons of good pilsners/pale lagers available ..... Victory Prima Pils, Firestone Walker Pivo Pils, New Glarus Two Women, Sierra Nevada Nooner, Left Hand Polestar, Schell's Pils, Surly Hell, 3F's Jinx Proof, etc etc etc.

I've had the Victory, New Glarus, Sierra Nevada, Left Hand, and 3F ones you mentioned and Lagunitas like someone else mentioned and they don't do anything for me The best you can get in the Fort right now are Steinlager and Stiegl.

I haven't golfed in 15 years...and that was a mistake.

What happened to the dude that used to bang older chicks, then come here and report his exploits ..... BigJoshStudd or something like that. He may have been your Harley phag.

Naw, he was into power tools, muscle cars, monster trucks, and high powered rifles...

I don't think he had a Harley ... but it wouldn't surprise me.

I've had the Victory, New Glarus, Sierra Nevada, Left Hand, and 3F ones you mentioned and Lagunitas like someone else mentioned and they don't do anything for me The best you can get in the Fort right now are Steinlager and Stiegl.
There's your trouble - you live in the Fort.

So, if those beers, which are generally highly regarded Pils, don't do anything for you, maybe you're trying the wrong style. Mayhaps a Helles lager would be more to your liking. 3 Floyds makes a tasty Helles called Gorch Fock - ever had that? A new little brewery called New Oberpfalz just opened up in my backyard, and they are only brewing German beers, and they have a tasty Helles on right now.

Come on down and I'll buy the first pint!

Reactions: ovaltine
I have the Harley Ghey... Well without the chain drive wallet and sleeve Tatts.... And oh, Merh I don't do Meth.

There's your trouble - you live in the Fort.

So, if those beers, which are generally highly regarded Pils, don't do anything for you, maybe you're trying the wrong style. Mayhaps a Helles lager would be more to your liking. 3 Floyds makes a tasty Helles called Gorch Fock - ever had that? A new little brewery called New Oberpfalz just opened up in my backyard, and they are only brewing German beers, and they have a tasty Helles on right now.

Come on down and I'll buy the first pint!
I like where you are going with this. I have never had a Helles (that i know of), but do like german beers. Sounds like you have a nice backyard

I have the Harley Ghey... Well without the chain drive wallet and sleeve Tatts.... And oh, Merh I don't do Meth.

Three questions.
Baffle or not? Colors? Do you think people who see you on your bike think you're cool because you're on your bike? This will determine if you just own a bike or are a Harley phag.

No, I think he's thinking of Mr. Charlie...

65cropDSC06777.jpg

Weak.

#1 - I don't look Asian. #2 - I would never grow my hair long. Why would I want to spend time combing it. #3 - I would never ride a POS bike it takes a special kind of dumbass to do that .

I know you think you're witty, but your very hobby robs you of wit and most reasoning, if you ever had any to begin with. Try again and this time use a little thought beyond what race I am. That's kinda cheap, ya know.

Question? You're a fat person aren't you? You present yourself like a fatty.

Weak.

#1 - I don't look Asian. #2 - I would never grow my hair long. Why would I want to spend time combing it. #3 - I would never ride a POS bike it takes a special kind of dumbass to do that .

I know you think you're witty, but your very hobby robs you of wit and most reasoning, if you ever had any to begin with. Try again and this time use a little thought beyond what race I am. That's kinda cheap, ya know.

Question? You're a fat person aren't you? You present yourself like a fatty.

I'll grant you most of that with the exception of the fatty part. I've never been fat. Luck of the genetic draw possibly.

I'll grant you most of that with the exception of the fatty part. I've never been fat. Luck of the genetic draw possibly.

I missed? Dammit .. fwiw - it was as weak as your race thing - as a majority of the public is fat. I played the odds and lost.

Three questions.
Baffle or not? Colors? Do you think people who see you on your bike think you're cool because you're on your bike? This will determine if you just own a bike or are a Harley phag.

Baffles a must as I get older.....
Fack other people and what they think.
Blue....

I am actually looking at the victory very seriously due to maintenance and I'm sick of working on shit. Honestly, I just love the feel of a Tourque power plant and Hate the freaking European look.

Baffles a must as I get older.....
Fack other people and what they think.
Blue....

I am actually looking at the victory very seriously due to maintenance and I'm sick of working on shit. Honestly, I just love the feel of a Tourque power plant and Hate the freaking European look.

I've had too many friends get hurt to ever ride a bike. It's just a losing proposition. One, an ex Gf who was model quality beautiful - landed on her face. Another who was one of the smartest people I ever met, but not the wisest, landed on the back of his head. He's not so smart anymore, but probably wiser. I hate the phags that remove their baffle. It's attention whoring in the dumbest way possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT