ADVERTISEMENT

Three more wins this season?

Carib04

Freshman
Mar 20, 2011
Looking at the schedule I'm hard pressed to find more than three possible wins considering the level of play we have been seeing. No one appears to be inspired at the moment. I think Purdue coming will be a win. A week to rest up and read all the bad press will probably result in some focus for Purdue. After that a let down and no wins until MN at home perhaps Wis. or substitute Mich. for Wis. Then a quick exit from the BTT as usual and a NIT game as a cap to the season. I'd love to be wrong but I'm not hopeful from what I've seen lately.

No more road wins. Four of five at home maybe. 9-11 best cast as of today.

Looking at the schedule I'm hard pressed to find more than three possible wins considering the level of play we have been seeing. No one appears to be inspired at the moment. I think Purdue coming will be a win. A week to rest up and read all the bad press will probably result in some focus for Purdue. After that a let down and no wins until MN at home perhaps Wis. or substitute Mich. for Wis. Then a quick exit from the BTT as usual and a NIT game as a cap to the season. I'd love to be wrong but I'm not hopeful from what I've seen lately.

If the wheels fall off at home against Purdue, I think even the Archie love festival will come to a crashing halt.

Don’t care I’d rather make the tournament. If we miss tournament , with Rutgers going, we’re pathetic. No excuse. With IU’s resources, a coach should be able to make the dance after 3 years. Tired of excuses.

Could you post your credentials as a fortune teller so we know if we should take your magical divination seriously?

A transcript from Hogwarts, a note from a witch doctor or a degree from Trump U would work.

TIA

btw - how good are you at reading facial expressions?

No chance we lose to Purdue. None. We’ll beat ‘em by three touchdowns next week.
Not so fast. IU’s guards won’t be able to score against Purdue’s guards. TJD is going to have to have a game of a lifetime in order for IU to have a chance to win at home or at Mackey. That won’t be easy facing Williams and/or Haarms.

Not so fast. IU’s guards won’t be able to score against Purdue’s guards. TJD is going to have to have a game of a lifetime in order for IU to have a chance to win at home or at Mackey. That won’t be easy facing Williams and/or Haarms.

game of a lifetime at home against this Purdue team? Lolololololol

When was thIs love festival? Lol. Man, some of you guys are just broken.
They, and they know who they are, for some reason have to make up a polar opposite of themselves to force an us vs them narrative for the purpose of getting everyone syncing their monthly pattern together. I don't get it either. I guess they want you to join in with the moan bitch and whine and reassess the last 20 years and the current staff with every bounce of the ball thing. Sounds quite insane and a like waste of time. Maybe the stress of watching basketball is just too much for them. Maybe they have imaginary friends. No wonder they're so damn malcontent ..

Reactions: hondo314
They, and they know who they are, for some reason have to make up a polar opposite of themselves to force an us vs them narrative for the purpose of getting everyone syncing their monthly pattern together. I don't get it either. I guess they want you to join in with the moan bitch and whine and reassess the last 20 years and the current staff, with every bounce of the ball thing. Sounds quite insane and a like waste of time. Maybe the stress of watching basketball is just too much for them. No wonder they're so damn malcontent ..

yup. It’s why people tend to wince when they talk about IU bball fans. A constant effing psychodrama.

Don’t care I’d rather make the tournament. If we miss tournament , with Rutgers going, we’re pathetic. No excuse. With IU’s resources, a coach should be able to make the dance after 3 years. Tired of excuses.

I'll concur with that.... what's either pathetic or funny... depending upon your mood... are the "fans" that need to gnash their teeth after every bad stretch of games.... when a 35-40ish ranked team plays and looks like a 35-40ish ranked team.

Could you post your credentials as a fortune teller so we know if we should take your magical divination seriously?

A transcript from Hogwarts, a note from a witch doctor or a degree from Trump U would work.

TIA

No crystal ball. Just been watching IU since '76. Student between 78-82 and have watched the BTN to see how the other teams are doing. Nothing magical about it. Call it experience from long term observation.

TIA

Go root for Purdue

I'll concur with that.... what's either pathetic or funny... depending upon your mood... are the "fans" that need to gnash their teeth after every bad stretch of games.... when a 35-40ish ranked team plays and looks like a 35-40ish ranked team.

Aren't we paying to not be a 35-40ish ranked team? "Big ten championships and deep tourney runs" … I believe Fred Glass said that as expectations. What don't you get about a lot of people unhappy about not meeting those expectations? Moreso, for me, it's just the lack of effort and heart. I think a lot of us would be more patient if they saw heart

Aren't we paying to not be a 35-40ish ranked team? "Big ten championships and deep tourney runs" … I believe Fred Glass said that as expectations. What don't you get about a lot of people unhappy about not meeting those expectations?

you thought this would all happen mere moments after he said it? Lol. It’s a confusing world and you’ve had a big emotional day.

They, and they know who they are, for some reason have to make up a polar opposite of themselves to force an us vs them narrative for the purpose of getting everyone syncing their monthly pattern together. I don't get it either. I guess they want you to join in with the moan bitch and whine and reassess the last 20 years and the current staff with every bounce of the ball thing. Sounds quite insane and a like waste of time. Maybe the stress of watching basketball is just too much for them. Maybe they have imaginary friends. No wonder they're so damn malcontent ..

First of all, to call the current product "basketball" is a stretch, and after 3 yrs, that is exactly what all the "moan, bitch, whine" is about. Plus, it's not some rebuilding year, we just suck and no "help on the way"

you thought this would all happen mere moments after he said it? Lol. It’s a confusing world and you’ve had a big emotional day.

Well, it happened faster for our historically shitty football program, with almost no resources in comparison and a no name coach. Shouldn't that be a barometer?

Well, it happened faster for our historically shitty football program, with almost no resources in comparison and a no name coach. Shouldn't that be a barometer?

you’re melting down emotionally because IU football won 8 games but IU b-ball split with OSU? Gotcha!

I don't think some of them are cut out to be basketball fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT