ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts...

clubjockey

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Just broke down the draft for the first time.... I am really envious of RBS who's picking last... At least in my first run through there's a pretty big drop off between the 15th team (RBS's first pick in the second round) and the 16th pick.... RBS will basically get two first round picks and the rest of us will get a first and a second.

Is it just me, or is this a weird year for players getting kicked off of teams or hurt or declared ineligable, etc?... a LOT of teams are suddenly not what most of the early-season mags originally thought they'd be.

Are we going for the draft to begin on Dec. 3rd?... that's my birthday, so maybe it will bring me luck... I doubt it.

need a website that keeps track of all these player losses

I found a site a couple years ago that keeps track of injuries but only inseason and I have lost the link

wonder if there is some site that keeps track of all the players leaving? Can't really too much on the magazines this year. Another good reason we wait till the first week of December.

#5 is a good spot even though to me it looks like four teams stand out right now. Even if that holds, invariably one of those teams will slip.

I am less in the middle this year but still haven't garnered one of the first two or last two picks. I know at my spot I am going to have to keep track of what conferences Satch and RBS have already selected.

Yeah, that would help...

But unless you want to do it yourself, I don't think anyone will do that for us.... ?Basically, I'm just trying to comb through news reports as best I can... even then things like Hamga seem to slip through. I've got at least 8 players that I think were going to make some sort of impact that are now basicallly gone... And I'm positive I'm probably missing at least that many I know nothing about...

I still think there are 3 slamdunk picks... Now I think I've got 3 more that shold be "really good" picks right after them... I just have to figure out which of those I want when the time comes... which conference I think I can get value in later, etc...

Excel?... Bah...

You're not a real player unless you're doing it with a pencil and highlighters.

Now stop bothering me while I try to discern the nuances between Oklahoma State, Tulsa and Akron

Why must you hate me...

Its either this or jump back into the Premium or the OTF with both feet...?????

You can't hide.

I'll start linking your posts to the premium. Everytime you think you are out...WoodThrushHoller pulls you back in.

Dec 3rd sounds good.

Are we going with the same number of leagues or are we dropping one?

So here's how I see the options:

1. Keep everything the same, and we'll end up with more unclaimed teams.
2. Drop the at-larges.
3. Drop a league like the WAC or Horizon.

Same number of leagues and we keep the At Large...

Basically we do it exactly like last year minus the one player (or two or three if we lose the other ones on the fence).

Who are thinking of quitting?

It should be Terry and I because we are lousy, but we're too stubborn to give up.

That sounds OK to me about keeping it the same and having more unclaimed teams. But if we lose any more players, we should drop some leagues.
This post was edited on 11/5 12:54 PM by Satchmore

We can't drop leagues...

I've spent too much time looking at them already.

I think if we only lose one more we can stick with what we've got... I'd rather drop the at-larges than lose a league.

Only issue (possibly) with Dec 3rd

IU plays at home that night and depending on if a friend of mine will be in town or not that day I'll be going to the game. Being on the north side of Indy that means I'd be off-line in the late afternoon to head down for grub pre-game. Not sure how folks would feel about the draft stopping at say 3:30 or something.

That said if someone were willing to text or call me with picks I'd be open to making selections that way.

Tuesday is probably better for me.

I teach (darn students!) Monday and Wed mornings. I was part of the problem last year because of teaching. Sure, I could give a crummy list to someone, but that removes the fun from watching the paint dry - er, the picks come on-line.

Any day works for me (mon-fri)

But I'm also more than willing to text people with the picks if necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT