ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Wisconsin

Palmbeachhoosier

All-Big Ten
Aug 13, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
As much as I hope that Penix is ready for the Wisconsin game I don’t think that I will be disappointed if he does not play. Northwestern was able to beat them with Ramsey. Don’t get me wrong as you know I was one of Ramsey’s biggest proponents but I believe that CTA was willing to let him go because he believed Tuttle was ready to lead the Hoosiers. He has as strong an arm as Penix. We wil have to see about his ability to tread coverages. We will have to see about his poise under adversity. His courage as the rush closes in.. I do think if Tuttle is willing to pull the ball and keep it you may see run game pick up. Also I think we may expand our Wildcat package by adding a running back to maybe run read option with Ellis and Scott or Ellis and Baldwin. We may see some RPO action or at least some throws from Ellis. Her well quick Penix but if not let’s go Tuttle.

As much as I hope that Penix is ready for the Wisconsin game I don’t think that I will be disappointed if he does not play. Northwestern was able to beat them with Ramsey. Don’t get me wrong as you know I was one of Ramsey’s biggest proponents but I believe that CTA was willing to let him go because he believed Tuttle was ready to lead the Hoosiers. He has as strong an arm as Penix. We wil have to see about his ability to tread coverages. We will have to see about his poise under adversity. His courage as the rush closes in.. I do think if Tuttle is willing to pull the ball and keep it you may see run game pick up. Also I think we may expand our Wildcat package by adding a running back to maybe run read option with Ellis and Scott or Ellis and Baldwin. We may see some RPO action or at least some throws from Ellis. Her well quick Penix but if not let’s go Tuttle.

I appreciate your perspective. A voice of reason amid the chaos lol. I agree, there is no need to rush Penix back. I don't get the impression he's done for the year. But I doubt we'll see him next week either.

Tuttle looked comfortable and ready to play. And the thing is, we don't need him to be a hero. Just manage the game and take care of the ball. Our defense is our strength so if we can get north of 28 points we'll have a chance. Wisconsin is Wisconsin but I think Maryland missing two games hurt them today and Wisconsin has missed three games.

I'll get into the Badgers more schematically starting Monday but my initial impression is that we can beat them even if it's Tuttle.

Tuttle looked like he is ready to step in and lead the Hoosiers to win. Our defense needs to step up even more against the next three weeks and keep putting pressure on QBs. Wisconsin showed that their young QB can be average with pressure on him. The run game will be the problem unless IU can get focus on the running game. Our defense has been leading this team all year and going to Wisconsin they need to lead again.

I hope Tuttle comes up and lights the field with passes to our receivers keeping the Wisconsin defense not sure play is coming. Tuttle has a lot of talent and a very good arm with mature to lead the Hoosiers. I am more concern about how the offenses will react to Penix being out for the game.

I don’t think we will see Penix again this season. And I also don’t think we need to run Tuttle. We have to keep him healthy because Dexter Williams is the backup now and he’s probably not ready to be a starting QB yet.

On another note. This is just another knock on Penix being injury prone. The guy is Glass Joe from Mike Tysons punch out.

Reactions: RedHeart
I don’t think we will see Penix again this season. And I also don’t think we need to run Tuttle. We have to keep him healthy because Dexter Williams is the backup now and he’s probably not ready to be a starting QB yet.

On another note. This is just another knock on Penix being injury prone. The guy is Glass Joe from Mike Tysons punch out.

Hahaha. Glass Joe and Mike Tyson's punch out. What a great memory!!! I still remember the feeling I had when I first beat the guy that danced the flamenco while he kicked my a$$. Ah what a great game and a great memory. Thanks for that.

Reactions: RedHeart

He's not Glass Joe. He's taken hits all year without missing a beat. Whatever happened yesterday was NOT the result of a hit. Kid is just supremely unlucky.

Hahaha. Glass Joe and Mike Tyson's punch out. What a great memory!!! I still remember the feeling I had when I first beat the guy that danced the flamenco while he kicked my a$$. Ah what a great game and a great memory. Thanks for that.

Oh, Don Flamenco, so much fun. Funny story, I got the NES mini a couple of years ago and played Punch-Out! with a guy probably born in '79 or '80 (so prime NES age). He lost to Glass Joe in the first round. I'm playing Nintendo since I'm like 5 years old and don't think I've ever seen someone lose to Glass Joe. I politely asked him to leave.

Related note, go back through that character list from Punch-Out!, just a big box of racial stereotypes that would NEVER fly today. I didn't realize it as a little kid, but the "Piston Honda" character just talking Japanese gibberish..... Yikes!

Would like to think CTA "let Ramsey go" because he knew Ramsey deserved to start somewhere and CTA couldn't promise him that. I think CTA was looking out for Ramsey's best interest and wasn't doing it in the context of his own best intetest.

This "glass" has taken a lot of hits this year.

While no team could just replace a MP, if Penix cannot go vs Wisky IU has a capable backup. The defense is still solid even after losing Allen. Hopefully Jones and James are back as the injury bug is growing again.

Would like to think CTA "let Ramsey go" because he knew Ramsey deserved to start somewhere and CTA couldn't promise him that. I think CTA was looking out for Ramsey's best interest and wasn't doing it in the context of his own best intetest.
Perhaps bit was the wrong choice of words by saying CTA let him go because you are right he is not that kind of guy to hold a kid back. On the other hand Peyton Ramsey is not the type of kid to run away from a little competition. Him choosing to transfer to another school seems a lot more risky than staying at IU being #2 behind a guy who has been unlucky injury wise. I am glad it worked out for Ramsey and I hope it works out for IU.

While no team could just replace a MP, if Penix cannot go vs Wisky IU has a capable backup. The defense is still solid even after losing Allen. Hopefully Jones and James are back as the injury bug is growing again.
As much as I hated to Thomas get hurt I think we got more athletic and faster and hat we lost was a guy with with a lot of knowledge of the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT