ADVERTISEMENT

Thought experiment - IUfootball

El Drado

Junior
Apr 14, 2011
Premise: there are not a lot of really good head coaches. there are quite a few good offensive and defensive coordinators. When you fire the head coach, you basically start over.

Why not have just OC, DC, and special teams guy (then their assistants). IU could pay OC and DC $2M-$2.5 each, and they would have complete control over only their jurisdiction. If the OC or DC fail you do not have to have an overhaul of the whole program, you let go of the weak link. This way seems more sustainable.

The only downside is i could see the locker room being polarized.

Premise: there are not a lot of really good head coaches. there are quite a few good offensive and defensive coordinators. When you fire the head coach, you basically start over.

Why not have just OC, DC, and special teams guy (then their assistants). IU could pay OC and DC $2M-$2.5 each, and they would have complete control over only their jurisdiction. If the OC or DC fail you do not have to have an overhaul of the whole program, you let go of the weak link. This way seems more sustainable.

What’s this have to do with tits, ass or Asians?

There would need a single person to set the direction of the program, but I like the concept. I would like to see a head coach hire the right people and be able to give them the freedom to exercise their specialty. The program still needs a head coach to make decisions on personnel, schedules, and the higher level decisions on the direction of the program.

If you had an athlete that could play offense or defense, the head coach would decide which he played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT