ADVERTISEMENT

Those Classy KY Folks

Watch the entire video to get an idea why UK fans no longer choose to travel to IU with their families any more.....The trampling, cursing, threats and water bottles flying are just the icing on the cake.

Where in that video were water bottles, trampling and threats? I heard the cursing but the lone UK guy up there in the cheap seats looked like he was absolutely fearing for his life (eye roll).

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
These are the comments that make Indiana fans look silly ( and I’m from Indiana). You can’t try to change history to make it look like IU has had more success in last 20 years. We haven’t. People bad mouth UK , but would love those results in Bloomington. And then bash Cal , while some on here are calling for Bruce Pearl. Doesn’t seem to bright.

Reactions: jbrebel01
These are the comments that make Indiana fans look silly ( and I’m from Indiana). You can’t try to change history to make it look like IU has had more success in last 20 years. We haven’t. People bad mouth UK , but would love those results in Bloomington. And then bash Cal , while some on here are calling for Bruce Pearl. Doesn’t seem to bright.
I see what you are saying but for UK fans to come over and completely disregard any accomplishments and fail to see their shortcomings is what is being implied. Nobody is saying IU has been better. Other than a few “lately” comments I see UK fans just bash away and some of you just agree.

Man 1987 that’s a long time for a university and a team not to be relevant in collage basketball, how does IU keep doing it year after year ?
Some have never won. That is even longer isn't it?

When people from the other 49 states see Kentucky on the t-shirt you are wearing, they automatically assume you are ignorant. People in Arkansas think you are stupid. Ponder that for a moment.

You are a dying breed. The one and done rule is coming to an end. This thread is an afterthought. Take your tooth and go home.
When the one and done rule ends, Kentucky will still get the best recruits who choose to go to college. Or as Cal puts it, Kentucky eats first.

Reactions: RipThru
You are a dying breed. The one and done rule is coming to an end. This thread is an afterthought. Take your tooth and go home.

UK will still get the best players. Even the ones in Indiana if we want them. An you will continue to be an obscure program brought to brief prominence by a vile, disgusting excuse for a human being.

UK will still get the best players. Even the ones in Indiana if we want them. An you will continue to be an obscure program brought to brief prominence by a vile, disgusting excuse for a human being.

Thats a bold faced lie!! Calipari never brought us to brief prominence!

You mean like Romeo Langford and James Blackmon? :rolleyes:

Langford was likely Louisville bound if the arbitrary NCAA BS didn’t occur. Should be quite a battle for Khristian Landers services...

Langford was likely Louisville bound if the arbitrary NCAA BS didn’t occur. Should be quite a battle for Khristian Landers services...

And if LeBron James was Mike Davis son, he might've played for IU. Are we working with fiction or fact?

Vile, disgusting excuse for a human being?
Oh, you mean Rupp. Got it.

Bobby Knight was the worst person to walk the planet. And IU enabled him for decades. Romeo Langford and James Blackmon sucked. You dweebs just keep crying about Keion Brooks.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Bobby Knight was the worst person to walk the planet. And IU enabled him for decades. Romeo Langford and James Blackmon sucked. You dweebs just keep crying about Keion Brooks.
Knight was a lot of things, but he was never the POS that racist Rupp was.

We do? Who uses the word dweeb?

Very odd post. Worst person to walk the planet? Do you realize what you’re saying?

I assume that you logged onto your parents computer when they left you unsupervised. Get back to the video games kids. I doubt your parents would want you on here.

Because this is where we get our news and information.
So where did you get your "facts" about Rupp? I know I am not going to convince you otherwise, but that web site make a well reasoned argument. Not like that idiot Frank DeFord who was behind that movie that came out a few years ago. When Rupp was a HS coach in Illinois from 1926–30, he had African-American players playing for him. During most of career at Kentucky, the whole SEC and ACC where segregated. In fact, until the mid 60's Ole Miss and Mississippi State were restricted by state law from even playing against another school that had a black player on the roster. Kentucky never had a restriction like that and played all comers. Most of the racial slurs attributed to Rupp are fabrications. Pat Riley and Louie Dampier (a Hoosier) both have said they never heard Rupp say a racial slur.

So where did you get your "facts" about Rupp? I know I am not going to convince you otherwise, but that web site make a well reasoned argument. Not like that idiot Frank DeFord who was behind that movie that came out a few years ago. When Rupp was a HS coach in Illinois from 1926–30, he had African-American players playing for him. During most of career at Kentucky, the whole SEC and ACC where segregated. In fact, until the mid 60's Ole Miss and Mississippi State were restricted by state law from even playing against another school that had a black player on the roster. Kentucky never had a restriction like that and played all comers. Most of the racial slurs attributed to Rupp are fabrications. Pat Riley and Louie Dampier (a Hoosier) both have said they never heard Rupp say a racial slur.
Of course those guys are going to defend him for Christ sake!

Riley has been a coach and a GM in the NBA and is currently the president of the Miami Heat. He would have a lot to lose if it looked like he was defending a racist.

Give us your take on the game in Btown and why cal won't play there.

Give us your take on the game in Btown and why cal won't play there.
Well, that's a non-sequitur. But simply, at this point Kentucky has nothing to gain from playing that game anymore. We play Kansas, UNC, Duke, Ohio State, Louisville, the Big 12/SEC challenge and other nationally prominent programs. I think at this point, Louisville has replaced Indiana in most UK fans minds as the big out of conference rival. I live in Indianapolis and have lived here since I graduated from UK 40 years ago, so I have a little different perspective.

Lol. Over the last 22 years, UK has been to 2 title games. Indiana has been to 1. Soooo if IU is not relevant, sounds like UK is on par with us. There's just a lot of high hopes followed by failure and disappointment at UK. Dont confuse that with success.
We're not "on par" with Dayton right now let alone Kentucky, let's not make stuff up. It's unfortunate but he was correct in saying that, 1987 is a long time ago and the clock is ticking on if we'll ever be a nationally relevant program again.

Well, that's a non-sequitur. But simply, at this point Kentucky has nothing to gain from playing that game anymore. We play Kansas, UNC, Duke, Ohio State, Louisville, the Big 12/SEC challenge and other nationally prominent programs. I think at this point, Louisville has replaced Indiana in most UK fans minds as the big out of conference rival. I live in Indianapolis and have lived here since I graduated from UK 40 years ago, so I have a little different perspective.

My question is relevant as an honest answer discloses your credibility in any discussion regarding IU and KY. I do agree though that KY has little to gain and much to risk in playing Indiana University. Once Cal is gone and when/if KY returns to being a college program, it would be great to renew the once-proud rivalry.

Indiana needs to build a wall on the southern border.
We already have a wall on our southern border, a natural wall of water called the Ohio River. The more creative, ingenious ones found ways to cross it. Those of thicker skull, lacking in the physical skills of efficient swimming stroke, either perished in their border crossing attempt or stayed back to procreate the species amongst relatives in the more isolated hills and hollers of Kentucky, of which there are many.

Very odd post. Worst person to walk the planet? Do you realize what you’re saying?

I assume that you logged onto your parents computer when they left you unsupervised. Get back to the video games kids. I doubt your parents would want you on here.

Good one. Very witty and original. Kudos.

Knight was a lot of things, but he was never the POS that racist Rupp was.

You are furthering a narrative that was started many years ago by folks who had an agenda. I urge you to do some reading (if you can) about Rupp's attempts to integrate and the years that it occurred. But you're right; Knight was much worse. Head butts, choking, using whips in a racist fashion... not to mention his infamous "rape" quote. Good luck reviving a dead program

Kentucky in my opinion is the low class life scum who ever supports that person they call a coach is a dam fool.

Oh the irony...:)

And I resent the fact that you called us a barrier to hold back water.

"dam - a barrier constructed to hold back water and raise its level, forming a reservoir used to generate electricity or as a water supply."

You are furthering a narrative that was started many years ago by folks who had an agenda. I urge you to do some reading (if you can) about Rupp's attempts to integrate and the years that it occurred. But you're right; Knight was much worse. Head butts, choking, using whips in a racist fashion... not to mention his infamous "rape" quote. Good luck reviving a dead program

Rupp did not have a black player until 1970. 1970! The majority of SEC schools had integrated basketball by that time. Rupp had been at UK for 30 plus years before bringing in a black player. I am thinking that it is Rupp that had the agenda....

Rupp did not have a black player until 1970. 1970! The majority of SEC schools had integrated basketball by that time. Rupp had been at UK for 30 plus years before bringing in a black player. I am thinking that it is Rupp that had the agenda....
Four other schools (Vandy in 1966 with two players Auburn in 1968, and Alabama and Georgia in 1969, each with one player) preceded Kentucky in adding black players, with most of the conference, including UK, doing it in 1970. Tennessee and Mississippi State were the last in 1971.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT