ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Bryant

fretter

Recruit
Feb 14, 2008
Beginning to make a name for himself as biggest cry baby in college basketball. Time to grow up and stop embarrassing himself and the school. Just play man. Your talent is off the charts, but these antics will not translate to the NBA.

Beginning to make a name for himself as biggest cry baby in college basketball. Time to grow up and stop embarrassing himself and the school. Just play man. Your talent is off the charts, but these antics will not translate to the NBA.
TJ Leaf can play circles around him, He is just like Cody played better as a freshmen

For TB's sake, I hope he doesn't leave after this year. His emotional immaturity on the court is obvious. At one point (think it was the 2nd half) after a foul on a play he wasn't even involved in, he rushed over and grabbed the ref to complain. The ref had a stern warning, to which TB started immediately apologizing (as he should have)--ref could have easily called a T. TC had to settle him down a few times when calls didn't go his way. The soft non-con schedule in AH doesn't provide much opportunity to develop mental toughness, I'm afraid.

Embarassing himself and the school? Kid is emotional and very young for where he is, but he far from an Embarassment. It's not like he is passed out behind the wheel of a running car with his foot in the gas then lying about it to his coach and university. Now THAT would be an Embarassment.

Embarassing himself and the school? Kid is emotional and very young for where he is, but he far from an Embarassment. It's not like he is passed out behind the wheel of a running car with his foot in the gas then lying about it to his coach and university. Now THAT would be an Embarassment.
Oh...Then why do none of the other 2000 players under 20 years old in div 1 basketball act like that? Lol Not sure what any of this has to do with Ryan Cline.......but that's always your fall back. You do realize the trouble IU players have had with drugs and alcohol over the past few years, right? Keep fighting the good fight courtsenseless. Sincerely....Devin Davis and Emmit Holt

Last edited:
Oh...Then why do none of the other 2000 players under 20 years old in div 1 basketball act like that? Lol Not sure what any of this has to do with Ryan Cline.......but that's always your fall back. You do realize the trouble IU players have had with drugs and alcohol over the past few years, right? Keep fighting the good fight courtsenseless. Sincerely....Devin Davis and Emmit Holt
And those guys are no longer playing at IU since they were dismissed form the team.

When ever anyone says a player's talent is "off the charts" my hyperbole bell rings so loud it hurts my ears.

I agree with you that TB is very emotional but I disagree with you about the NBA. The NBA is all about entertainment, and TB's emotional style of play will play big with home fans in the NBA.

Way to change the topic. He's an extremely talented kid but his antics on the court would embarrass me if I was a IU fan. He needs to control that energy and use it in a positive manner.

Part of the histrionics is being from a different generation. Whitman, Kitchel and Isiah Thomas never howled as they ran down the court after making a basket. Also players now look at every game played as an event that will impact their draft prospects.

Crean only plays lip service to the center position. There just is not a need for a guy that plays with his back to the basket. On the flip-side you can't have a point guard that misses 40% of his free throws.

Here are the highlight/lowlights from last night. Take a look at TB with less than 20 seconds to go. TB said there was a miscommunication. Fish said something like he got picked off. Take a look at the actual play and make your own decision.

Young and emotional. Does he need to be less demonstrative? Yes. Is he an Embarassment to the university as you claim? Hardly.

My comparison simply put Embarassment in context for you. The issues IU had truly were an Embarassment and were dealt with.

Had an IU fan gone to GBI and flamed as you just did, the poster would be banned very quickly.

You get what you give Sporto.

Reactions: ORG
Way to change the topic. He's an extremely talented kid but his antics on the court would embarrass me if I was a IU fan. He needs to control that energy and use it in a positive manner.

I simply put his obvious flame in context for him. you are a reasonable poster...don't go down this clown's path.

Part of the histrionics is being from a different generation. Whitman, Kitchel and Isiah Thomas never howled as they ran down the court after making a basket. Also players now look at every game played as an event that will impact their draft prospects.

Crean only plays lip service to the center position. There just is not a need for a guy that plays with his back to the basket. On the flip-side you can't have a point guard that misses 40% of his free throws.

Here are the highlight/lowlights from last night. Take a look at TB with less than 20 seconds to go. TB said there was a miscommunication. Fish said something like he got picked off. Take a look at the actual play and make your own decision.

TB was out of position for that set to begin with and then there was no communication either to get him in position at for the ensuing switch. Breakdown you could see coming.

Unless he was "picked off" by a ghost, I see nothing to support that.

Or caught in a vehicle with open alcoholic beverages before ever playing a game.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
ADVERTISEMENT