ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Allen

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
Haven’t heard any updates on him lately.Is he gonna be ready by fall camp?

Reactions: td75
Love him and know he is definition of a grinder, but with his injuries and talent on team rising, I think he’s a sub/special teams player now, and should start planning for a coaching career, which he can likely be successful like his father too. (Hence not a football slam, I just think he has a ceiling and with injuries and talent on team, harder for him to see tons of playing time.)

Love him and know he is definition of a grinder, but with his injuries and talent on team rising, I think he’s a sub/special teams player now, and should start planning for a coaching career, which he can likely be successful like his father too. (Hence not a football slam, I just think he has a ceiling and with injuries and talent on team, harder for him to see tons of playing time.)

I'd imagine 🤔 T.A the younger would say: "Thanks for your support during this difficult rehab..."🙄😳😖😞

He appeared to me to have been playing his best to date when he dislocated his hip... The way he plays is all heart & grit so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back out there this Fall...

His greatest value to the TEAM, if we're simply looking at things thru that lense, is the fact that with him you literally have another coach on the field, inside the locker room, and in a leadership role during winter workouts and summer player led drills...

He's a major resource in that player/nearly a coach role that you simply can't put a price on in that regard... That is especially true this summer and Fall..., with a new D.C. learning on the job..., T.A. the youngers presence may very well be the difference between W's and L's...

Personally, I hope he plays this year and comes back for a sixth year...

Last edited:
I did not take it as a slam. No worries.
To answer your question ; I saw one quick blurb where he stated he thought he would be ready for the season.
Regarding your guess of playing time, you may be correct. However don’t underestimate game intelligence and mental toughness.

I'd imagine 🤔 T.A the younger would say: "Thanks for your support during this difficult rehab..."🙄😳😖😞

He appeared to me to have been playing his best to date when he dislocated his hip... The way he plays is all heart & grit so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back out there this Fall...

His greatest value to the TEAM, if we're simply looking at things thru that lense, is the fact that with him you literally have another coach on the field, inside the locker room, and in a leadership role during winter workouts and summer player led drills...

He's a major resource in that player/nearly a coach role that you simply can't put a price on in that regard... That is especially true this summer and Fall..., with a new D.C. learning on the job..., T.A. the youngers presence may very well be the difference between W's and L's...

Personally, I hope he plays this year and comes back for a sixth year...

he may have value beyond his play, but he absolutely has value as a player as well..

as with all our injured last season, hope his recovery is going well.

He'll be an asset to the team, but he's more likely to be a situational player, IMO. He just doesn't have the pure athleticism to be an every down guy. I still think he would be a good fit for that hybrid DE/LB position that can rush the QB or fall back into coverage. I just can't see him covering a tremendous amount of space on the field.

Haven’t heard any updates on him lately.Is he gonna be ready by fall camp?
He was too slow to play in passing situations before he got hurt. And now the athleticism of the team is continuing to increase. My guess he will be a third in short player.

Reactions: vesuvius13
A lot of ways to make money in sports, even if you cannot play at the highest level.
It would not surprise me to see him on our staff next year as a grad asst. Then move somewhere as a LBr coach, eventually a DC, and maybe a Hc some day.

Love the kids passion and think he’s a real team guy like his dad. But think injury setbacks will hurt his ability to get past the rising LB crew who are incredible athletes in the stable. Always thought he could possibly play some DE a la Ziemba.

I haven't seen any update for Allen but I hope he is heal well and think with his injury sitting our for a year would be good for him.

Reactions: CC Mac
Or given he's already engaged, maybe slot him in as a grad assistant role and let him start his coaching career if that's his goal. Think he could be helpful in film room with players, working one on one on technique, If he were done playing, I don't think he'd be anything but want to be helpful to the program.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT