ADVERTISEMENT

Thom Brennaman resigns as Reds broadcaster.

Sorry, but I can't read anything about that without thinking of Slim Pickens' character Taggart in Blazing Saddles.

Reactions: All4You
I am convinced more and more that liberals and progressives are just not happy people generally speaking. Not only are you not happy you try to suck the happiness and frivolity from others.
So, you are saying that your post was meant to be happy and fun?
Sure reads like a whiney cry that Brennaman was forced to retire for using a gay slur.

I am convinced more and more that liberals and progressives are just not happy people generally speaking. Not only are you not happy you try to suck the happiness and frivolity from others.
I have said for years that the Goal of Liberal Democrats isn't to make us equal, but to make us equally miserable, because they are miserable to begin with and can't stand to see anyone else getting enjoyment out of Life.

I wonder If there may not be a Marv Albert type comeback in this for Thom. Different circumstances, different time, but if he stays on the Sideline for several years and says his mea culpas, maybe someone will take a chance on him and give him a Second Chance.

I have said for years that the Goal of Liberal Democrats isn't to make us equal, but to make us equally miserable, because they are miserable to begin with and can't stand to see anyone else getting enjoyment out of Life.
TBH, I got a chuckle out of this post. Does that count as "enjoyment"?

So, you are saying that your post was meant to be happy and fun?
Sure reads like a whiney cry that Brennaman was forced to retire for using a gay slur.
To be honest I don't know exactly what he said. I was just playing devil's advocate for fun. Do you think he should be forced out for saying what he said? What did he actually say? A lot of times you hear about a guy or gal who said something and got into trouble but they won't tell you exactly what they said and in context.

To be honest I don't know exactly what he said. I was just playing devil's advocate for fun. Do you think he should be forced out for saying what he said? What did he actually say? A lot of times you hear about a guy or gal who said something and got into trouble but they won't tell you exactly what they said and in context.

1. Your hypothetical was pretty specific for you to claim that you don't know what he said.
2. I highly doubt that you were "playing devil's advocate for fun.
3. You obviously have the internet. Do your research and come back and tell us your opinion (Hint: Start with a thread on the WC about the Reds needing a new broadcaster, and go from there). I eagerly await your answer.

1. Your hypothetical was pretty specific for you to claim that you don't know what he said.
2. I highly doubt that you were "playing devil's advocate for fun.
3. You obviously have the internet. Do your research and come back and tell us your opinion (Hint: Start with a thread on the WC about the Reds needing a new broadcaster, and go from there). I eagerly await your answer.
Of course it was for fun. If you can't see that then you need help. I took your advice. He used the word fag. The article did not say exactly what he was talking about. He was referring to a place he called one of fag capitals of the world. Now the article I read said he didn't realize he was on the air. So he didn't say something wrong on purpose on the air. I've heard gay people refer to each other as fags. Does this mean they can call each other that but others can't?

Of course it was for fun. If you can't see that then you need help. I took your advice. He used the word fag. The article did not say exactly what he was talking about. He was referring to a place he called one of fag capitals of the world. Now the article I read said he didn't realize he was on the air. So he didn't say something wrong on purpose on the air. I've heard gay people refer to each other as fags. Does this mean they can call each other that but others can't?
Thank you. You're whole post tells me all I need to know, and reaffirms all I ever suspected.

You are nuts my friend. Have some joy in life. Go out and have a chocolate milkshake. It will do you a world of good. You don't know a blessed thing about me. Get off your high horse.
Interesting you would immediately take that for an insult.
All I have to go on is your posts. They are either a window into your thoughts, or lies you tell here.
Either way, seems like you are the one who needs some joy. The first step is repentance.
Matthew 7: 15-20

Reactions: Circlejoe

Oh, and Matthew 15: 10-20

As a lifelong Reds fan, a more relevant headline yesterday was they clinched a playoff and are playing really well with 3 number 1 starters types heading into the playoffs. So it's not over for another week at least.

Reactions: Brockway
Only if you spell it phag and are ghey.

(I remember when a fag was a cigarette, a coke was still cola and a joint just a bad place to be.)

When a Ford and a Chevy
Could still last ten years, like they should
n3tD1zW.jpg

Liberties taken

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT