ADVERTISEMENT

This weekend's Seattle Baseball Showcase...

FWIW, while IU has the worst record among their three opponents this weekend, as of right now, only Oregon St. (3rd) has a higher RPI than IU (35th). Washington is 76th and San Diego is 167th. Needless to say, that means nothing once the first pitch of the game takes place. To me, it will be a successful tournament if they can go 2-1.

Reactions: snowling
FWIW, while IU has the worst record among their three opponents this weekend, as of right now, only Oregon St. (3rd) has a higher RPI than IU (35th). Washington is 76th and San Diego is 167th. Needless to say, that means nothing once the first pitch of the game takes place. To me, it will be a successful tournament if they can go 2-1.
With that level of competition, I'd be ecstatic to go 2-1. Unless of course, we go 2-0 to start. Then I fully expect and DEMAND we go 3-0! :)

No score going into the top of the 6th. Pauly Milto has a no no so far only, striking out 3 and only 1 walk. Hoosiers have 2 hits.
Go Hoosiers!

Hoosiers get a run in the top of the 6th. Barr walked,Crail FO, Houston walked, Gorski SO, then Ashley singled in the run. Kaletha GO FC to end the inning.
Go Hoosiers!

Milto still has the no hitter thru 7. Bad fundamental baseball in the top of the 7th. Lloyd led off with a double and we never got him over to 3rd base. We ended up with 3 more strikeouts in the inning. Some body needs to learn how to bunt!
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: mk23
Pauly lost his no hitter with 2 out in the bottom of the 8th. Batter singled to center but he got the next guy to GO.
Go Hoosiers!

Lloyd comes in and closes out the game. Hoosiers win 1-0. Whew!!! Good job boys! Milto wins with a 1 hitter.
Go Hoosiers!
Big win over the host school. The only negative about the game from looking at the stats is that we had another game of double-digit strikeouts (12). It was good to see the zero on the errors.

Great win! I just checked the score this morning. Wow, almost a no hitter for Pauly. I think he would have gotten it if he was jinxed on here, lol. Love seeing the no errors.....12 K's? Well, I think we just need to accept this is a team that is going to strike out A LOT. If we can still win, I can deal with it. Big test tonight, with Oregon State. Too bad we don't have Milto for that one.

Milto still has the no hitter thru 7. Bad fundamental baseball in the top of the 7th. Lloyd led off with a double and we never got him over to 3rd base. We ended up with 3 more strikeouts in the inning. Some body needs to learn how to bunt!
Go Hoosiers!
I can’t possibly tell you how disappointed I am that we don’t seem any better at bunting this year than last. I thought Lemonis left a helluva lot of runs on the bases by his refusal to bunt and the players’ inability. Disciplined teams do the little things right.

Wow, Lloyd goes yard to give IU a 2-0 lead in the T1st. Needless to say, great start against a quality team. On the other hand, I sure don't like seeing two strikeouts while looking in the1st.

Last edited:
Another wow, Tanner just walked a .167 hitter to put two on in the 2nd and no outs. Gimme a break.

Barr has a double in the T4; Beavers get a solo HR to RF to open B4 and knot the score, GO, bunt single, FO, single, double scores 2 runs and FO ends the inning.
Radio announcer notes a good representation of Indiana fans in Seattle to watch the Hoosiers.

After 4:
* * R H E
-IU 2 2 2
OS 4 6 0

Go Hoosiers!

5th: Gorski singles with 1 down and is stranded; BB, single, BB, SF chases Gordon, Krueger on the mound, K and K ends the threat and inning.
IU needs to string some hits together against the Beavers starter. GBR!

After 5:
* * R H E
-IU 2 3 2
OS 5 7 0

Go Hoosiers!
Any further update? I can't get the link above to work.

6th: Indiana goes down easy; OS opens the side with back to back singles, GO advances the runners, GO nets an RBI before a GO ends the inning.
7th: Barr greets the starter with a triple, Bradley singles him in and chases the Beavers' starter, FO, FO and K ends the threat and side; Sloan enters in relief and goes 1, 2, 3.
8th: IU goes PO, K, Kaletha walks, Fineman walks, Barr walks to load the sacks and FO leaves 'em full; Franklin comes in to relieve the Hoosiers; OS goes single, error puts another on and allows runner to advance, both runners advance on the throw (2nd & 3rd), SF adds a run, single adds a run, runner caught stealing 2nd, BB and K ends the inning.
Rally time!
9th: IU goes K, K and FO.

Final:
* * R H E
-IU 3 5 3
OS 8 11 0

Go Hoosiers!

This may be the best opponent IU will see this season, but the error problem surfaced again with three errors and they had another double-digit game with the strikeouts (10.) Oh well, it's on to tomorrow against San Diego, and a win there will make it a successful 2-1 trip.

Had to work and missed this one, too. Obviously, I was hoping for an upset and we take them down. But I wasn't really expecting that, especially how our day 2 starter has been. I wonder if we need to look at someone else?

rcaulfie, I was thinking the same about Saturdays starter. I thought that Saalfrank or Beauchamp would be in the weekend rotation this year. Would have like to seen Saalfrank pitch today. He was awesome against Texas last year and against a real good Louisville team the year before. He seems to get pumped up against better competition.

Did we just face Sandy Koufax or Bob Gibson? San Diego pitcher, Kuhn, struck out 10 guys in 4 innings to close out the game. Unbelievable!!!!

Did we just face Sandy Kofax or Bob Gibson? San Diego pitcher, Kuhn, struck out 10 guys in 4 innings to close out the game. Unbelievable!!!!

It seems every pitcher we face is the reincarnation of Cy Young. Fourteen Ks in the game. Right off the top of my head, I believe we had 36 Ks for the tournament. With the lack of offense we have had this season, we can't afford to have innings like we did in the 1st today. Heading home with a 1-2 record over the last three games is rather disappointing to say the least.

Reactions: 82IU
ADVERTISEMENT