ADVERTISEMENT

This was unacceptable!

We just aren't that good of team period and it's starting to show as we play real competition. I never had high expectations for this season an I figured 500 in conference was the ceiling. If we make the ncaa consider it a massive success.

Reactions: Jg48 and bsmitty08
I don't know what that last 8 minutes was, but it wasn't basketball, much less IU Basketball. When DG was trading 3's on successive possessions with Arkansas it was a harbinger of bad hings to come. He went cold, kept trying to play superman and we then committed 3 errors in 4 possessions, forgot about our post dominance and just kept leaving points at the free throw line.

Down 5 with around 2 minutes left and passing up an easy layup to toss it out to Franklin for a corner 3 (and he hadn't hit anything all day) we didn't need at that point just shows the overall lack of BB IQ on the court and epitomizes the last 8 minutes. Thank god for TJD, otherwise this team would struggle to win 12-15 games all season.

I have defended Archie to this point, but this was an ugly result. Don't get me wrong I like E Muss as a coach, but his coaching didn't beat us. IU just shat the bed the last 8 minutes @ home against a team that will likely finish in the bottom half of the SEC and miss the NCAA. There is no way we should have lost this game, none at all, and that falls on the staff.

Last edited:
I don't know what that last 8 minutes was, but it was't basketball, much less IU Basketball. When DG was trading 3's on successive possessions with Arkansas it was a harbinger of bad hings to come. He went cold, kept trying to play superman and we then committed 3 errors in 4 possessions, forgot about our post dominance and just kept leaving points at the free throw line.

Down 5 with around 2 minutes left and passing up an easy layup to toss it out to Franklin for a corner 3 (and he hadn't hit anything all day) we didn't need at that point just shows the overall lack of BB IQ on the court. Thank god for TJD, otherwise this team would struggle to win 12-15 games all season.

I have defended Archie to this point, but this was an ugly result. Don't get me wrong I like E Muss as a coach, but his coaching didn't beat us. IU just shat the bed the last 8 minutes @ home against a team that will likely finish in the bottom half of the SEC and miss the NCAA. There is no way we should have lost this game, none at all, and that falls on the staff.
We should have pounded it down low and or driven it to the hoop. They wanted to foul us but we let them off the hook by too many outside shots and turnovers.

Reactions: brianiu
They reminded me of Cedar Knob. They don't have no head toppers. Make em chuck it from the cheap seats......oh wait we did and they hit them.

There are games where a team just can't miss from deep no matter what you do defensively, but this wasn't one of those (Anrkansas only went 38% from 3, good but not lights out). IU went 42% from the floor, 24% from 3 and 50% from the line...that won't beat too many teams, even bad ones. All our Hoosiers needed to do was play with a modicum of composure and play to their strengths for those final 8 minutes and they win.

Reactions: iu papa
Final 8 minutes were a real choke job by those on the floor and those on the sideline. The lack of discipline and execution is getting old.

For the first time since Archie has been here, I have to seriously question what I’m seeing.

Several issues:

• FT’s. Biggest problem I see is no repetitive form. Trayce is exhibit A - on the ones he makes his follow through looks good; then he’ll lean as he goes to shoot on the next.
  • Turnovers. Mind-numbingly stupid kind.
  • Offensive attack. Just how f@&king hard is it to reverse the ball and feed the post? Up 61-52 we get outscored 19-3 to finish the game primarily due to poor shot selection and ball movement.
LEADERSHIP. Just WHEN is somebody gonna step up and take control to keep things from spiraling out of control? A guy we’d hoped might fill that role gets himself thrown out throwing an elbow to a guy’s jaw right in front of the ref.

This team cannot play half-assed and expect to do anything going forward. Not out of the question we go 1-4 over our next five. This could get ugly quickly.

We just got beat by a team picked eleventh in the SEC, who starts five guys who are six four or shorter
How does that happen? We are very lucky that we have not lost four straight.

I don't know what that last 8 minutes was, but it wasn't basketball, much less IU Basketball. When DG was trading 3's on successive possessions with Arkansas it was a harbinger of bad hings to come. He went cold, kept trying to play superman and we then committed 3 errors in 4 possessions, forgot about our post dominance and just kept leaving points at the free throw line.

Down 5 with around 2 minutes left and passing up an easy layup to toss it out to Franklin for a corner 3 (and he hadn't hit anything all day) we didn't need at that point just shows the overall lack of BB IQ on the court and epitomizes the last 8 minutes. Thank god for TJD, otherwise this team would struggle to win 12-15 games all season.

Gotta agree with you

Reactions: BigMobe
As someone who was jazzed about the Miller hiring, I’ll admit that he is not good enough for this level. We are a poorly coached team.

Unfortunately, IU will give him another year to demonstrate that he should not be our coach.

We just aren't that good of team period and it's starting to show as we play real competition. I never had high expectations for this season an I figured 500 in conference was the ceiling. If we make the ncaa consider it a massive success.

We are making the NCAA. No questions about it.

As someone who was jazzed about the Miller hiring, I’ll admit that he is not good enough for this level. We are a poorly coached team.

Unfortunately, IU will give him another year to demonstrate that he should not be our coach.

There is no question he is not up to this level. After 2.5 years you would see major signs if he was.

I didn't like the body language in the post-game press conference. There is clearly a lack of leadership on this squad and I sensed some frustration. Green needs to sit until he learns to execute the game plan...it's tearing this team apart again this year.

We will make it in womens basketball.
Your right. We need to play teams with less than seven available players. It appears that they have too much stamina for us. we could probably keep a second lead half against lead a team with only six players. Teams with seven (like ND and Arkansas) gradually wear us down and we can't hold leads against them.

Reactions: beenther1s
The FT excuse is silly...had we made 6 more to shoot at 80% as a team...we still lose by 1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT