ADVERTISEMENT

This was my worst golf year in a long time, but I now have figured out the

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
reason for it. In February or March, I was at Greenwood Mall and happened to see an eye glasses booth that was having a special.

Because I needed a new pair of single-vision glasses for golf, I stopped by and discussed it with the technician. She said she could take the bifocals I was wearing, measure the distance vision portion of them and use it to make a pair of single-vision glasses for me.

We had a rather nasty spring, so I really didn't get to start playing much golf until April. Once I began playing regularly, I was popping up several drives and pulling them left during most of my rounds. Every time I thought I had figured out the cause of my popups, I would begin doing them again.

Late this past week, I suddenly realized my new golf glasses might be the cause of my terrible drives. I wore a pair of my older single-vision glasses to the driving range Sunday afternoon and began hitting the best drives I have hit this year. My guess is I hit close to 30 drives and didn't have a single popup. I also hit several good hybrids even though I have been having issues with them this year.

I'm really looking forward to some decent weather so I can play 18 holes. My guess is I will have one of my best rounds of the year. Of course, that's not saying much.

Reactions: stollcpa
Late this past week, I suddenly realized my new golf glasses might be the cause of my terrible drives. I wore a pair of my older single-vision glasses to the driving range Sunday afternoon and began hitting the best drives I have hit this year. My guess is I hit close to 30 drives and didn't have a single popup. I also hit several good hybrids even though I have been having issues with them this year.
But why? What was the difference Sunday?
Was it purely visual?
or
Were you holding your head at a different angle with the old glasses?
or
Were your shoulders aligned differently because you were holding your head at a different angle?
or
Was it a different hip action that resulted from the modified alignment?
Can you ever hope to replicate the impossible combination of factors that allowed you to do what you did Sunday again?
Do you hold your breathe during your putting stroke?

Was it purely visual?
or
or
Were your shoulders aligned differently because you were holding your head at a different angle?
or
Can you ever hope to replicate the impossible combination of factors that allowed you to do what you did Sunday again?
Oh man, that's nasty . . . worst thing you can do is ask a golfer why he's hitting the ball better.

Reactions: Brockway
reason for it. In February or March, I was at Greenwood Mall and happened to see an eye glasses booth that was having a special.

Because I needed a new pair of single-vision glasses for golf, I stopped by and discussed it with the technician. She said she could take the bifocals I was wearing, measure the distance vision portion of them and use it to make a pair of single-vision glasses for me.

We had a rather nasty spring, so I really didn't get to start playing much golf until April. Once I began playing regularly, I was popping up several drives and pulling them left during most of my rounds. Every time I thought I had figured out the cause of my popups, I would begin doing them again.

I'm really looking forward to some decent weather so I can play 18 holes. My guess is I will have one of my best rounds of the year. Of course, that's not saying much.
Doc-Brown-from-Back-to-the-Future.jpg

The technician measured your glasses and attempted to match the prescription? That’s borderline criminal. Never buy glasses without a copy of the prescription!

Was it purely visual?
or
or
or

the older glasses have a rose tint.

Was it purely visual?
or
or
or

I really feel like the new glasses negatively impacted my depth perception. As a result, I wasn't striking the ball properly with my woods and hybrids. It seems like I frequently would hit them either fat or thin with my woods and hybrids.

As for my putting, it has been good the last couple of months after I began keeping my legs and body relatively straight. I keep my head focused on the ball while putting, but I try to stand straight. Notice I didn't say "erect". vbg

Was it purely visual?
or
or
or

I really feel like the new glasses negatively impacted my depth perception. As a result, I wasn't striking the ball properly with my woods and hybrids. It seems like I frequently would hit them either fat or thin with my woods and hybrids.

As for my putting, it has been good the last couple of months after I began keeping my legs and body relatively straight. I keep my head focused on the ball while putting, but I try to stand straight. Notice I didn't say "erect". vbg

I’ve gotten used to playing golf in my bifocal sunglasses. Now I can’t hit the ball worth a damn without them. It’s a pain in the ass in rain and cloudy days.

At least you didn't buy your glasses from some guy selling them from the trunk of his Car in a vacant alley. In the old days when I played golf and somebody asked me What my Handicap Was, I replied my Swing.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT