ADVERTISEMENT

This team...

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
can win some ball games, but they'll do it on the defensive end of the floor.

We can score. And I liked Coach Hamilton's assessment that we have a number of guys on the floor who can score...but I don't believe this team can simply run with the ball and outscore people.

We need to set the tone of the games on the defensive end of the floor and with a real focus on denying teams a second chance (rebounds) to score. We did that pretty well tonight and if the kids make that connection...it'll greatly enhance their ability to win.

I'll go back and watch the game again today...but it also appeared (through the tryptophan and wine) that our offensive movement, which I've observed has improved, continues to improve. The weak side is not simply standing around...and the ball movement has been good. FSU's defense made that a challenge through the game, but (and inasmuch as Devonte was in the zone) we didn't revert to standing around and watching a player or two try to score...

I really enjoyed the game last night and our style of play.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

We can score. And I liked Coach Hamilton's assessment that we have a number of guys on the floor who can score...but I don't believe this team can simply run with the ball and outscore people.

We need to set the tone of the games on the defensive end of the floor and with a real focus on denying teams a second chance (rebounds) to score. We did that pretty well tonight and if the kids make that connection...it'll greatly enhance their ability to win.

I'll go back and watch the game again today...but it also appeared (through the tryptophan and wine) that our offensive movement, which I've observed has improved, continues to improve. The weak side is not simply standing around...and the ball movement has been good. FSU's defense made that a challenge through the game, but (and inasmuch as Devonte was in the zone) we didn't revert to standing around and watching a player or two try to score...

There were a few possessions where we had little to no movement and I was very displeased (might have yelled something). But for the most part, we did well. I believe it is true that this is the best team we have had under CAM to this point and there is good reason for optimism.

Still a lot of BB to be played and I’m sure many fear a big letdown like the 12-13 losing streak of last year, but I believe this team is much more resilient. We will lose some games, no doubt. And probably have a few losing streaks, but not like last year.

There were a few possessions where we had little to no movement and I was very displeased (might have yelled something). But for the most part, we did well. I believe it is true that this is the best team we have had under CAM to this point and there is good reason for optimism.

Still a lot of BB to be played and I’m sure many fear a big letdown like the 12-13 losing streak of last year, but I believe this team is much more resilient. We will lose some games, no doubt. And probably have a few losing streaks, but not like last year.

The frequent substitutions appear to be working with this group. Nobody is just getting comfortable and settling, be that on the court or on the bench. People appear to have their heads in the game.

This is finally looking like an Archie Miller team. Defense first, everything else 2nd.

The frequent substitutions appear to be working with this group. Nobody is just getting comfortable and settling, be that on the court or on the bench. People appear to have their heads in the game.
I was going to start a thread about the substitutions. Recall all the idiotic subs by Crean? And all the bitching and moaning about it? I recall so many threads on that topic as it was so infuriating. The moment somebody got hot and actually started making plays, to the bench! CAMs subs actually seem logical. And sending players to the bench for poor play/mistakes is refreshing instead of just on some BS schedule that must have been tattooed on Creans arm.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Crean drove me crazy. That guy had a written set schedule of how the game was going to go and he followed his plan come hell or high water. We would go up 9 or 10 at a certain point in the 2nd half and he would pull Cody and Victor to the bench on a timeout. What? Why? Because his gameday "load management" preset schedule said so. So frustrating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT