ADVERTISEMENT

This should have been an easy win...

SouthBendJim

Junior
Dec 19, 2004
But for 11 missed free throws.

But for 3 botched inbounds plays = 6 points (even one of the commentators mentioned that).

Still an exciting game. Thankful for a bad bounce, that last shot by Ivey was almost down, then spun out. He's a helluva player.

Second game we've had to win without our top gun, showing we're more than a one-man team. Great game by Galloway (again), and glad Rob finally had a game (career high) that IU fans will talk about for years. He deserves it.

Super optimistic about the rest of the season. Beat Michigan (doable) and Penn St. (revenge) and we'll be sitting in clover!

Reactions: 76-1
Gotta bet they'll be talking about switching on the inbounds in practice tomorrow, that was probably the sole lowlight of the game. Scary if we can't figure that out post haste.

But for 11 missed free throws.

But for 3 botched inbounds plays = 6 points (even one of the commentators mentioned that).

Still an exciting game. Thankful for a bad bounce, that last shot by Ivey was almost down, then spun out. He's a helluva player.

Second game we've had to win without our top gun, showing we're more than a one-man team. Great game by Galloway (again), and glad Rob finally had a game (career high) that IU fans will talk about for years. He deserves it.

Super optimistic about the rest of the season. Beat Michigan (doable) and Penn St. (revenge) and we'll be sitting in clover!

And we scored 2 points for them

Reactions: Davehack
It was an easy win. We won without the B1Gs best player. Purdue sux.
Johnny Davis is without question the best player in the conference. TJD is up there though. I bet the game is W Laughy is a good one too.

They have a lot to clean up. Trayce better be buying Rob drinks through January. He would have been annihilated if they lost. It would have been bad.

Reactions: larsIU
Our shortcomings were masked by ball security… Only 3 TOs … all game long.
You get more chances to win when you don’t beat yourself.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
You ever guard a 7'4" guy Jimbo?

Between Edey, Ivey, and Williams, not to mention SS, you have some NBA level size and speed out there.

That ain't easy. Not easy playing Purdue most of the time. And definitely not this group.

Free throw shooting needs to get better, but you know what? IU's turnovers have gone down.

We had three TOs the entire game; Rob goes crazy; we were down two without the ball with less than a minute to play. I feel we were fortunate.

We had three TOs the entire game; Rob goes crazy; we were down two without the ball with less than a minute to play. I feel we were fortunate.
There were some shocking stats from this game and that is one of them.

This was more like hard work meets opportunity, to me, than fortunate.
We sustained a lead through most the second half … and didn’t need to rally from down 8.
We got the stops needed to prevent PU from taking a 3 possession lead.
We earned to opportunity to win … PU didn’t give the game away by any means.

This was never going to be an easy win, there's a reason Purdue is ranked in the top 5. They're damn good and they were always going to make a run.

So proud of this team and the way they responded, huge for their confidence going forward. Especially pretty much doing it without Trayce. Who in the hell would've seen that coming?

You ever guard a 7'4" guy Jimbo?

Between Edey, Ivey, and Williams, not to mention SS, you have some NBA level size and speed out there.

That ain't easy. Not easy playing Purdue most of the time. And definitely not this group.

Free throw shooting needs to get better, but you know what? IU's turnovers have gone down.
I was cooking for many and nervously checking scores and a few minute look-ins . The difference I observed was about 6 inches or a foot..,the amount of space IU controlled against their opponent defensively versus the amount of space Purdue gave the IU. CMW is old school , do it right first …defense and the rest will be basketball.

I’ll probably get killed for this but….Purdue’s bigs are incredible offensively but neither is a really good all around defensive player. Edey lacks foot speed and Williams for all his size has trouble keeping guys away from the basket. And they rarely play them together. So there’s always an opportunity match up wise against them if you got bigs (yes two) who are both mobile and decent with their back to the basket. Furst didn’t really look good either.

Purdue is really good. Probably FF good. But they lack a point guard that can calm them down and they can be exploited defensively.

Reactions: aajohn2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT