ADVERTISEMENT

This season was Schwarber's best since joining the Cubs....

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
I saw an article which included the following stats on Schwarber:

He finished with a .250 batting average, 38 home runs and 92 runs batted in. He was seventh in the National League in homers, 18th in RBI and 15th in slugging percentage (.531). His OPS (on-base plus slugging) was .871.

He had quite a few Ks this season although I don't know what that number is. but that's become the norm in MLB this season as everyone seems to be swinging for the fences with a baseball that seems capable of traveling two miles in an exaggeration. I believe that in addition to a record number of homers being hit, there were also a record number of strikeouts in MLB.

I saw an article which included the following stats on Schwarber:

He finished with a .250 batting average, 38 home runs and 92 runs batted in. He was seventh in the National League in homers, 18th in RBI and 15th in slugging percentage (.531). His OPS (on-base plus slugging) was .871.

He had quite a few Ks this season although I don't know what that number is. but that's become the norm in MLB this season as everyone seems to be swinging for the fences with a baseball that seems capable of traveling two miles in an exaggeration. I believe that in addition to a record number of homers being hit, there were also a record number of strikeouts in MLB.

Maddon being gone means Schwarber will be in the AL in the next 1-2 years. Maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT