ADVERTISEMENT

This IU team

Let's hope IU's level of performance doesn't substantially drop in the Big 10.

Well, the competition will certainly go up. That said, we don’t seem to be trying to build the team around one guy. Everybody has their role and place within the flow of the game. More cohesive. Last year’s chemistry was toxic.

I’m not expecting 90-100 points per game and 30 point blow outs. Try having realistic expectations.

I’m just pointing out how IU has improved in all areas. That’s very noticeable.
I wasn't implying that I expected IU to score THIS much in the Big Ten season but rather to be able to score more per game than last year and for scoring to be a strong point.

Before the season I thought if Rob or TJD went down we would be in big trouble. However, it looks like almost everyone can play. Brunk is probably the worst player on the team, and that is a great thing. This team will be able to sustain a few injuries, and god forbid we have a year where someone isn't out for the season.

This is a solid bottom of the top 25 team/receiving votes. We have 8/9 guys that could drop 20 on any given night. Even Damezi got some confidence! Once this defense really starts clicking we will be a tough out!

Reactions: GJHaggard
I wonder what Fraudpaugh, cryingpiano, Ordfan, Dakich, 9,673 PU trolls and others here who all exclaimed that this roster was empty are saying now?

Oh yeah, "but the schedule.....whaaa".

I wonder what Fraudpaugh, cryingpiano, Ordfan, Dakich, 9,673 PU trolls and others here who all exclaimed that this roster was empty are saying now?

Games 2,3, and four were good for this team. 2&3 exceptional guard speed. Troy will give film for better big defense, plus getting pressed in real time. Do you really think a good power 5 team will leave home to come here? This team is going to be good.

Games 2,3, and four were good for this team. 2&3 exceptional guard speed. Troy will give film for better big defense, plus getting pressed in real time. Do you really think a good power 5 team will leave home to come here? This team is going to be good.
IU is starting to look like an Archie coached team in year 3! A more balanced roster, less injuries, but still significant injuries with starting PG Phinisee and 2G Green. IU needs them both, especially PG Phinisee against good teams.

Has improved
IQ
defense
Shooting
Rebounding
Communication
Cohesiveness
Free throws
Ball movement

They look improved in all areas. Miller seems to be really enjoying this team. The players seem to be really responding to his coaching.
My favorite moment from the Troy game was Archie’s response to Race not getting back on defense. Passion for defense can be a long term success story.

Shut up dbag
giphy.gif

I am hoping for a really good year. Love what Anderson brought last night. Great to see Green back. Attitudes seem great and they’re all having fun. Archie strongly gets on players asses when they screw up and they seem to respond positively. But hard to gauge with the abysmal talent of the teams we’ve played so far.

Reactions: ufo33
Yes, we are playing weaker teams but beating them like we should instead of struggling or getting beat (IUFW, anyone?). I remember a thread from this summer asking about who we thought the top scorer might be and a lot of people weighed in how they thought it was going to be a balanced scoring team with possible of starting 5 being in double figures......I see that being very real and serving us well once we start BIG10

Reactions: ericrossiu
Yes, we are playing weaker teams but beating them like we should instead of struggling or getting beat (IUFW, anyone?). I remember a thread from this summer asking about who we thought the top scorer might be and a lot of people weighed in how they thought it was going to be a balanced scoring team with possible of starting 5 being in double figures......I see that being very real and serving us well once we start BIG10

Our team would have been better off playing a scrimmage against each other last night than the waste of time playing Troy.

Reactions: Hoosierific
Poo poo IU's out of conference schedule at will. Still, I'm encouraged to see that SEC team to the south is the one losing to the smaller school from Indiana and not IU.

I still question leaving 2 unused scholarships in the ‘grad-transfer’ era...

Reactions: birdforbogey
IU must change their requirements for athletic grad transfers or IU will find it very hard to sign the transfers. IU is lucky that Brunk was a straight A student, or he may not have been admitted.

Our team would have been better off playing a scrimmage against each other last night than the waste of time playing Troy.
I have never played nor coached, but I disagree. I have heard many coaches say the players get tired of playing each other. Also it gave Troy money, experience in a bigger arena, and if someone turns pro a story to tell.

Playing a scrimmage against a squad that plays the same way you do and you have practiced against for weeks isn't helpful. Playing a good scout team might help.

Playing any team is a test for the process of creating a scouting report and how the players will follow the game plan. Working on shutting down a 3 point shooting team may be helpful later.

Playing a scrimmage against a squad that plays the same way you do and you have practiced against for weeks isn't helpful. Playing a good scout team might help.

Playing any team is a test for the process of creating a scouting report and how the players will follow the game plan. Working on shutting down a 3 point shooting team may be helpful later.

Just getting tired of these games. And more to come. Will be nice to know where we’re at against a competitive team.

IU must change their requirements for athletic grad transfers or IU will find it very hard to sign the transfers. IU is lucky that Brunk was a straight A student, or he may not have been admitted.
I will not Say Brunk is the save all for this team. He is a big. A big is not always a 7,0 guy. I believe our lack of a healthy big last year hurt us bad. DD is still not healthy yet He and Brunk are bigs tall and heavy enough to help keep BIG Ten opponents from running over us like the did last year with Morgan as our short and light big. We will prosper with Brunk and DD, not stars yet will allow our stars to shine.

Probably someone who was blasting Fitz and Moore all year last year? Recruiting is a 2 way street and I'm more than happy with the guys we have out there. As you you guys ragging on #50, he was brought in for B10 teams not teams playing a 4 at the 5. He'll be great as an extra banger against 7 footers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT