ADVERTISEMENT

This is why I support the Death Penalty

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006

Exhibit A: Public corruption.

Granted, I'm not sure the amounts in question would meet the levels I have in mind, but public corruption in this country is treated with a slap on the wrist. It is not considered a serious offense and that is unfortunate.

Granted, I'm not sure the amounts in question would meet the levels I have in mind, but public corruption in this country is treated with a slap on the wrist. It is not considered a serious offense and that is unfortunate.
And.....your correlation between this and the death penalty is?

Reactions: Bill4411

Man, there wouldn't be a politician alive in NW Indiana. NTTAWWT.

Is the death penalty even punishment to someone whose soul is already dead?

Yikes, with that face if she has to look in the mirror every day that may be punishment enough. That nose....

BTW, does that classify as draining the swamp?

Yikes, with that face if she has to look in the mirror every day that may be punishment enough. That nose....

BTW, does that classify as draining the swamp?

It's funny when the saps eat that up. Trump makes a valid complaint about the military industrial complex, meanwhile his own defense chief is a formerly the lead dog for Raytheon. He complains about Americans being outsourced, meanwhile his own immigration czar is an Indian first, former India H1b lobbyist. Trump could have actually accomplished a lot if he wasn't such a lazy ignoramus who is allergic to substance.

I’m kind of surprised toasted is pro capital punishment.

I don't know how I feel about capital punishment for the question of murder. Personally, I think if my loved one was murdered, I prefer the perp to rot in solitary conferment for the rest of their life.

I'm strictly speaking to the question of public corruption. There should be a threshold, e.g. $1 million. Anything over this determined certain threshold should face the question of the death penalty imo. These are grave crimes against our entire society.

• Wow
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I don't know how I feel about capital punishment for the question of murder. Personally, I think if my loved one was murdered, I prefer the perp to rot in solitary conferment for the rest of their life.

I'm strictly speaking to the question of public corruption. There should be a threshold, e.g. $1 million. Anything over this determined certain threshold should face the question of the death penalty imo. These are grave crimes against our entire society.
You are a goddamned loony toon.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You are a goddamned loony toon.

Tell that to the FBI.

"Public corruption, the FBI’s top criminal investigative priority, poses a fundamental threat to our national security and way of life"

This thread is nuts.

I'm generally okay with the death penalty for the very worst of the worst, but come on!

Considering there is practically no enforcement for public corruption, I can see why the proposition is extreme. I mean a Congressional investigation is frightening enough!

I don’t believe the government should be killing people.

I also oppose it for personal reasons.

This thread is nuts.

I'm generally okay with the death penalty for the very worst of the worst, but come on!
our system is already nuts. the mom from full house was looking at a potential 40 years for her college bribery thing. you routinely get half that for murdering people

Reactions: DrHoops
Man, there wouldn't be a politician alive in NW Indiana. NTTAWWT.
Didn't you read the OP's link? Vermine was a Republican. In fact, she was appointed by Trump in 2017.

Nothing but the best people for Trump -- he's trying to run his government like his business (failing repeatedly at both).

Didn't you read the OP's link? Vermine was a Republican. In fact, she was appointed by Trump in 2017.

Nothing but the best people for Trump -- he's trying to run his government like his business (failing repeatedly at both).

One more point, what happens if the corruption leads to a poisoned water supply, which in turn leads to childhood cancer. Is that equivalent to murder? That may not be the case here, but imo people have a fixation on the physical act of murder, while missing the bigger picture of what something like public corruption can lead to. I don't think it's radical to consider alternatives outside of the box.

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT