ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Commander in Chief

I do agree someone should come forward. We all remember how the Trump apparachiki honored the testimony of Lt Col Vindman and how they thanked him for his service to his country.

The prior episodes with Kelly, Mattis, McCain, McChrystal and McRaven just prove how off-brand this article seems. ;)

Seriously? All kinds of stories are broken by anonymous sources. It’s nothing new. Deep Throat ring a bell? I guess he could have made up names for them.
You, Are. Talking. To. A. Parrot.

He doesn't know what he's saying he's just repeating the words. Ask him all about journalism, history, or anything else required to understand the news. 10 to 1 he's clueless and will only repeat what he's been trained to repeat.

John Kelly is likely a source...if not he could quickly refute the story about the visit to his son's grave.

If even just a small portion of what is described in this article is true, this guy needs to be stripped down, beaten to a pulp, and thrown out on the street in front of the White House. I'm far from a rah rah flag waving military worshipper, and this made my stomach turn.

Who do you believe Biden should name as Sec'y of State?

Vindman was hardly "destroyed". I have no doubt he will have no problem being a success in the new chapter of his life. Hell, he could probably resume his military career in a few months.

That whole fear and job loss excuse doesn't cut it. At some point you have to make a stand. Vindman did. He will be rewarded for it.
Well said

He didn't verify the sources; he verified the story. This probably means that he has his own sources who verified the reports, some of whom may also be Goldberg's sources.

I agree that, ideally, for a story this big, I would greatly prefer someone was willing to go on the record. But let me ask you this: if one or more of them would have given their names for the story, would you have still have said the story is "hard to believe?" In other words, is the story actually hard to believe, or is your reticence solely because no one will step up and put their name on it?

The reason I ask is because I don't find the story hard to believe at all. That doesn't mean I believe it, of course. But I definitely think it is believable. The portrayal of Trump as a man who is actually incapable of understanding selflessness fits quite nicely with the apparent sociopathy we all suspect he suffers from.
I’m just tired of everything being unnamed sources is all. It’s hard to believe anybody would be that stupid to say such wretched things but it’s possible. Some named sources to swear to it would help lend credence.

I have no idea if he said these things, but given what he said about POWs would it be a stretch that he said them? That is what is crazy about having a president that is, well, crazy. Never in a million years would I imagine a Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama saying these things, it would be easy to dismiss out of hand. But for Trump, is anyone willing to say it is impossible?

I’m just tired of everything being unnamed sources is all. It’s hard to believe anybody would be that stupid to say such wretched things but it’s possible. Some named sources to swear to it would help lend credence.

After reading this story, there's a difference between saying, "It's true. I believe it", and "I absolutely believe it could be true".
I'm in the second group based on previous comments by the IPOTUS.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
If you're going to put an article with stuff like this put some names on it don't just say "sources with knowledge of the presidents views." When I hear that my bullshit meter goes up and it sounds like a guy with an axe to grind or a Trump hater.
Or a point of view you disagree with.

After reading this story, there's a difference between saying, "It's true. I believe it", and "I absolutely believe it could be true".
I'm in the second group based on previous comments by the IPOTUS.
Sure. Me too. But unnamed sources further rile up his base and this isn’t helping anybody. What is Atlantic hoping happens, a coup?

I’m with Ranger on this. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

It reads like something someone made up and went way to far. Like something a cartoon villain would say.

Because Jordan is unbiased?

People may not want to be named for fear of being harassed and threatened by Trump's sheep

Jeffery Goldberg is an award-winning journalist who is well respected by both conservatives and progressives. His expertise is in foreign policy. If you notice, he has multiple sources on his reporting.

The AP was able to verify multiple parts of his story. With a different source (apparently).

If I was John Kelly, I would’ve slugged him. I don’t care if he’s the president. He would’ve deserved it.

The craziest part was his denial tweets. He said he’s swear on someone or something that he didn’t call military people “losers”. Does anyone remember what he said about John McCain? Like everything he tries to deny, there’s ALWAYS a tweet (from him) that proves he’s a liar. Lying is so ingrained in his behavior that he will do or say anything at any moment to try to escape what he perceived as bad behavior. It’s worked for him up until this point.

Could this be the moment that it stops working? Forget his “base”. They’ve been lost causes for years. Without the support of folks that don’t like him, he cannot win. His unpopularity #’s are too high.

We’ve still got 60 days to go. There will be more horrible (factual) stories about what’s he’s done and who he is. He’s too vile of a person for that NOT to happen.

Again, it’s been clear from the moment he announced that he’s a vile excuse for a person. He only does the things he does because those around him ENABLE him to do those things.

It’s those folks that we should reserve the most contempt for right now. They’ve all known, and chose to stay silent. Until recently, it appears.

Unless he somehow steals the election outright (which is possible w/Barr at his side), I don’t see how he can overcome something like this. Many people have friends/family members in the Military. I don’t know how you could do anything worse to insult them. It shows a complete lack of respect for those that he professes to love and support.

Every time I think the man has reached the bottom, he always manages to prove me wrong.

I would also like to see a source come forward. I can’t imagine how difficult a decision that must be and the risk associated, but this deserves serious discussion. It wouldn’t turn his base because they don’t care, but there are reasonable people and many vets and actives who might think differently.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
has john kelly denied that it happened? if not, that speaks for itself IMO

I would give a tweet from his sheep about as much weight as i would give a tweet from Trump.

Melania says Trump is insanely loyal but anyone actually believe her? He's so loyal that he has cheated on every wife he has had. Melania is a named source and clearly full of crap.

So no, a named source does not automatically beat unnamed sources, especially when there is reason to expect bias from said named source. Unnamed sources are more likely to speak truly about what they believe.

Do you believe Fox News stories without named sources?

Last edited:
Trump's reluctance to use the military abroad and willingness to withdraw troops has made me wonder why.

Is it concern for the troops, or is part of his ideology, or what?

If it is concern for the troops, this is okay with me. Other presidents who claimed to have been pro military were too quick to put our troops in harm's way without an exit strategy in my opinion.

As to it being part of Trump's ideology, this could very well be the case. He seems to believe other countries aren't doing their share when it come to military spending.

Finally, Trump may have decided the military brass are part of the deep state which he can't control and therefore doesn't trust.

If even just a small portion of what is described in this article is true, this guy needs to be stripped down, beaten to a pulp, and thrown out on the street in front of the White House. I'm far from a rah rah flag waving military worshipper, and this made my stomach turn.

Honest question . . . do you think that Trump's election - assuming he has the sensibility about military sacrifices that this article represents he has - is reflective of Americans more generally? In other words, is Trump more representative of the country's people than we'd like to admit?

Honest question . . . do you think that Trump's election - assuming he has the sensibility about military sacrifices that this article represents he has - is reflective of Americans more generally? In other words, is Trump more representative of the country's people than we'd like to admit?
He might be more generally, but I don't think so in this instance. I'm absolutely not the stereotypical warrior worshipper who genuflects to the flag and venerates any and all who served in the armed forces, and this made even my stomach churn.

He might be more generally, but I don't think so in this instance. I'm absolutely not the stereotypical warrior worshipper who genuflects to the flag and venerates any and all who served in the armed forces, and this made even my stomach churn.
And if true that will certainly piss his base off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT