ADVERTISEMENT

This Is More Important Than Anything Else Affecting INDIANA FOOTBALL-

I understand clearly... My point simply is that we need to do everything humanly possible to make his decision to move this year a really tough one..., and an obviously foolish one...

Now..., If he's simply in love when the idea of being HC at South Alabama while making half a mil less then we can offer him, then nothing can be done to change his mind...
I'm also of the opinion that South Alabama is a dead end job where he'd be putting in twenty hour days, 7 days a week for Head Coach salary chump change... If he wants that Head Coach "title" though then he's gone... (does that sentence make you happy[?])...

I believe that the same job will again be available to him 3-4 years from now if that's his life long dream position...
If Wommack thinks he's HC material after 1 good year, he's fooling himself. Not saying he does - I think he's more realistic and knows that his success is because Allen is a big reason for his success.

I think he also probably understand that he and Allen have a unique relationship. Would he have the same success if he had to build his own staff? If he goes somewhere as HC and fails, his future chances as a HC would be nil.

He'd be much better off staying, having good success for a few years, build networks, and then go to a MAC-type school, or even a P5 school.

His long-term prospects would be better off staying wher he is for a while.

If Wommack thinks he's HC material after 1 good year, he's fooling himself. Not saying he does - I think he's more realistic and knows that his success is because Allen is a big reason for his success.

I think he also probably understand that he and Allen have a unique relationship. Would he have the same success if he had to build his own staff? If he goes somewhere as HC and fails, his future chances as a HC would be nil.

He'd be much better off staying, having good success for a few years, build networks, and then go to a MAC-type school, or even a P5 school.

His long-term prospects would be better off staying wher he is for a while.
Glad you can decide his future for him. Don’t be surprised if someone else leaves for a promotion either, stranger things have happened.

Glad you can decide his future for him. Don’t be surprised if someone else leaves for a promotion either, stranger things have happened.
Well, Johnsy, I wish someone older, with more experiece, had advised me on my career when I was 32 years old.

Well, Johnsy, I wish someone older, with more experiece, had advised me on my career when I was 32 years old.
Wow, you have enough experience in college football coaching on the DI level to give him great advice , good for you.

Oh , I see, he should accept your advice why ?
I explained why in another post.

Done discussing it with you. Based on past exchanges with you, it's hopeless to have a worthwhile discussion.

Oh , I see, he should accept your advice why ?
Not terrible advice. Another 2 or 3 years he could get a P5 gig. Not guaranteed but neither is things working out at SA. If things go really bad he might have to work his way back up from that level as a DC. Allen jumped him up when other P5 coaches probably get a DC with experience. Anyway, best of luck to him.

Reactions: DANC
I explained why in another post.

Done discussing it with you. Based on past exchanges with you, it's hopeless to have a worthwhile discussion.
Ok sport, that is the usual response when your position is indefensible. You gave us all the reasons why YOU think he should stay nothing based on factual experience in coaching. Yet, you with no experience in the field ,know better what is the correct choice for Kane, his family and their future. Do you suppose Kane did his homework and talked to CTA or his Dad perhaps, but yes, he should listen to you.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Not terrible advice. Another 2 or 3 years he could get a P5 gig. Not guaranteed but neither is things working out at SA. If things go really bad he might have to work his way back up from that level as a DC. Allen jumped him up when other P5 coaches probably get a DC with experience. Anyway, best of luck to him.
Again, we can agree to disagree, I guess only time will tell, but he has a lot of good people around him , with plenty of experience, to depend on for advice. Getting an opportunity to be a HC may , or may not, ever come again, you take the bird in the hand. Assuming you will get a P5 job in a couple more years of DC work at IU is pure conjecture. Having already coached at USA he knows what he is getting better than anyone here.

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
If Kane has success at SA he will have his pick of power 5 jobs like the coach at Coastal Carolina. Alabama and Florida are not bad places to recruit so he should have success there. I saw something where they have a brand new stadium there as well.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
We need to kick up Wommack's salary up to $770,000 (from a reported current $460,000) and keep him here for hopefully another couple of years...

South Alabama has come calling..., in my opinion, we need to do our best to keep him until it's just impossible $-wise not to...

We can call and raise a S.Alabama offer..., and in my opinion, we'd be foolish not to...

First big decision for our new AD... Let's hope he rises to the challenge...
He’s getting $650k from USA and 1.2 million for assistants. That shouldn’t have been hard to beat, so he must really want to be a HC. He will likely move on if successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT