ADVERTISEMENT

This is going to get ugly.

I've seen and been around big boy basketball since the 80's
And really who cares...They're a little better than s average team ..It is what it is...They'll either sink or swim the next two and half months..
Archie will be be back for another year no matter what..
But if the do sink..He'd no dummy
Next year he knows it's produce..Or your gone.imo

Until yesterday I was thinking 22 and 11. Now I fear disaster.
22-11 ? The Nebraska game was the first sign we aren't that good. We win 10 conference games I would be beyond thrilled as I think we will be lucky to win 8.

I have seen a lot of good basketball in my time, Indiana, Evansville, Wesleyan, Louisville, Kentucky, Western, trust me this isn't going to end well.

We need to go 4-3 or better over the next 7 games. If we lose 4 or more we’ll be a bubble team again or worse. The 9 game stretch after that is brutal.

I agree 10 wins would be pushing it I say around 8 big ten wins and 19 wins. If we miss tournament Archie won't be back.

I agree 10 wins would be pushing it I say around 8 big ten wins and 19 wins. If we miss tournament Archie won't be back.
Sadly he would be because IU doesn't take action until several years after they should. The last time we missed the ncaa four years in a row i know i was not alive. It would be a new record.

Until yesterday I was thinking 22 and 11. Now I fear disaster.

It’s been easy enough to see since the Wisconsin game.

But, whatever happens, Archie will be back next year. He shouldn’t be if we miss the tourney for his 3rd season in a row. But Glass’ retirement timing all but ensures it.

I’m actually pretty surprised at how poorly he’s done here. His Dayton teams looked really good when I saw them. His teams here have — with the exception of a few games we could all name — looked out of sync, lackadaisical, and undisciplined.

Really? Well, enlighten me. I'm still waiting.

You type a lot of words that mean nothing, lets see seme detailed analysis of our weaknesses and coaching. I mean, since it's sooo easy to see it should be easy for you.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU

You type a lot of words that mean nothing, lets see seme detailed analysis of our weaknesses and coaching. I mean, since it's sooo easy to see it should be easy for you.

You can’t see it because you’re dumb (or being purposely obtuse). Go back to the water cooler and do what you do best, stalking the pastor.

Last edited:
This is the basketball version of the football team. Beat up on cupcakes and teams with a losing record but can't win the big games. Hope I'm wrong but we will know something after playing Maryland which way this team is headed.

You must not have seen the Wisconsin game. The team had no fight whatsoever . It was like they showed up for friendly scrimmage and were overwhelmed when Wisconsin came out with their asses on fire. They just took the beating. No fight, no pride, no push back. Anyone watching the game should have been concerned. I didn’t expect a win, however, I did expect a fight.

This is the basketball version of the football team. Beat up on cupcakes and teams with a losing record but can't win the big games. Hope I'm wrong but we will know something after playing Maryland which way this team is headed.
I bet we won't learn that much from one road game.

Last edited:
You must not have seen the Wisconsin game. The team had no fight whatsoever . It was like they showed up for friendly scrimmage and were overwhelmed when Wisconsin came out with their asses on fire. They just took the beating. No fight, no pride, no push back. Anyone watching the game should have been concerned. I didn’t expect a win, however, I did expect a fight.
Flashbacks from last year, I am guessing a losing streak starting here.

I know his Dayton's teams looked great maybe he's drinking the same water Crean did?
Daytons conference did not have big ten caliber talent. That's why a lot of mid major coaches flame out at this level. It's a massive jump Holtmann and Mack both came from a better conference.

Reactions: iulb
On the road against Maryland.
Big loss coming most likely.

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of good basketball in my time, Indiana, Evansville, Wesleyan, Louisville, Kentucky, Western, trust me this isn't going to end well.

We need to go 4-3 or better over the next 7 games. If we lose 4 or more we’ll be a bubble team again or worse. The 9 game stretch after that is brutal.
After the Nebraska game I thought we’d win just one game in January, given that we play the better teams at home and I’m not confident we can win on the road. I still think that’s the case.

Im not sure we win more than 2 out of that 7.....

I’ll be right behind the bench in college park. All we need to do is go at stix. Get him out of the game and we can win it. I actually think we match up really well against them. Other than stix that is.

Take into account I’m pretty high right now.

Reactions: Lucy01
Wasnt it you who had the $50 bet with another poster about wins this season taking the under?

Youre just high bro, go ahead and collect

ha no I don’t think that was me. Last bet someone made me on here was romeo not going pro for $50. He never paid me. @Southside Hoosier Fan

but we really do match up well against them. The Mitchell bro’s just transferred and there could be chemistry issues. Justin can guard Wiggins, devonte and rob on Cowan, they have no answer for TJD. I’ll def bet on IU in the first half. Should have won last year at Maryland.

Cavanagh you are right, I owe you $50. Get me an address and I will send you the $$. Feel free to message it to me.

I don’t think I can send a private message since I’m not a premium member anymore. Shoot me an email address if you can send private messages.

But, whatever happens, Archie will be back next year. He shouldn’t be if we miss the tourney for his 3rd season in a row. But Glass’ retirement timing all but ensures it.

I’m actually pretty surprised at how poorly he’s done here. His Dayton teams looked really good when I saw them. His teams here have — with the exception of a few games we could all name — looked out of sync, lackadaisical, and undisciplined.
Why has Archie struggled? Could his first team with a senior class of Rojo, Newkirk, Hartman, Priller, McSwain been a problem? We know our issues with injuries and internal conflict tanked last year. Archie can take heat for the internal issues, but the injuries limited him.

This year isn't over. We can be a good team if Phinisee gets back on track and Green doesn't have to play PG. Durham or Franklin has to be able to play. TJD is better than I expected.

Our bench has to be productive and not give up any momentum the starters give us. Archie will have to change his substitution pattern. I haven't been happy with his bench coaching lately, but hopefully there was a longer term plan we will see some benefit. I feel he is still searching for the best lineup combinations. I can help him in pointing out that Davis should not be in any lineup.

Damezi, Thompson, and Hunter need to prove they deserve to play. Frankly, several players that started well have slipped. Maryland and Turgeon gives us a good opportunity to win a big road game. Play smarter and tougher and we will be competitive in any game.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Why has Archie struggled? Could his first team with a senior class of Rojo, Newkirk, Hartman, Priller, McSwain been a problem? We know our issues with injuries and internal conflict tanked last year. Archie can take heat for the internal issues, but the injuries limited him.

This year isn't over. We can be a good team if Phinisee gets back on track and Green doesn't have to play PG. Durham or Franklin has to be able to play. TJD is better than I expected.

Our bench has to be productive and not give up any momentum the starters give us. Archie will have to change his substitution pattern. I haven't been happy with his bench coaching lately, but hopefully there was a longer term plan we will see some benefit. I feel he is still searching for the best lineup combinations. I can help him in pointing out that Davis should not be in any lineup.

Damezi, Thompson, and Hunter need to prove they deserve to play. Frankly, several players that started well have slipped. Maryland and Turgeon gives us a good opportunity to win a big road game. Play smarter and tougher and we will be competitive in any game.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. You're certainly right that a number of aggravating factors have been beyond his control. But I don't think it gets him off the hook. He was hired, like all coaches, to win. And here we are 2.5 years in and our team still just isn't very good. We fans can (and do) have long discussions about exactly why that is. But diagnosing a problem doesn't fix it. And it's his job to fix it.

As I've been saying, it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to get another year. Glass' announcement all but ensures that (and he probably would've gotten another year even if Glass weren't retiring). I don't think he should, if we miss the tourney again. But reasonable people can differ on that. I think it's absurd that we'd retain a coach that misses the tourney for 3 consecutive years -- whatever the explanations and excuses. But other people apparently don't think so.

That's no surprise to me, BTW. It's among the reasons we're stuck in a rut of mediocrity. Few among us seem to expect, much less demand, much in the way of success anymore. That goes for way too many boosters and fans as well as the IU brass.

All that said, like you I'm hoping we start seeing significant improvement and all this becomes moot. I'd love nothing more than for the team to start shutting its critics up. But I'm not optimistic -- and I hate saying that.

ADVERTISEMENT