ADVERTISEMENT

Third assistant

What was he charged with - nothing! That means he was cleared of any wrong doing. NCAA has also given him a clean bill of health.
Remember the name: Jasir Rosemond - IU knows who he is
No, just because u weren’t charged does not mean u r cleared if wrongdoing; it may be lack of evidence or resources or desire to pursue charges. I don't know the specifics of this case, so maybe facts r different than your statement... hopefully!

No, just because u weren’t charged does not mean u r cleared if wrongdoing; it may be lack of evidence or resources or desire to pursue charges. I don't know the specifics of this case, so maybe facts r different than your statement... hopefully!
He IS our third assistant! I’m sure that IU did it’s due diligence in checking background & references.
He is a GREAT hire. A lot of connections in the southeast, particularly strong in Georgia. He fits well with what Woody wants in an assistant

He IS our third assistant! I’m sure that IU did it’s due diligence in checking background & references.
He is a GREAT hire. A lot of connections in the southeast, particularly strong in Georgia. He fits well with what Woody wants in an assistant
I take it there's an announcement somewhere? This isn't just you making a claim?

Reactions: hookyIU1990

I sure HOPE they did their due diligence X 2.

The last thing IU's program needs now is any kind of suspicion cast on our new coach.

Word is it's going to be Yasir Rosemond.
Yasir Rosemond....I hope IU does a thorough background check:

https://abc7.com/sports/payoff-videos-tale-of-$11k-in-shoe-highlight-trial/5271008/

Dawkins made similar comments to Rosemond: "You're recruiting a kid that needs some s---, you know, we can facilitate." Rosemond replied he would introduce them to his recruits, telling Dawkins, "Whatever you need me to do, I'll do it. I ain't got no dog in the fight. One day be a head coach."

I take it there's an announcement somewhere? This isn't just you making a claim?
Unfortunately. I think it's true. He's been following all the Indiana-related basketball twitter accounts. All the smoke on other forums is that he's the choice.

I hope they will have someone specifically assigned to checking up on him. Disturbing choice. We're hiring someone Oats specifically declined to retain.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yea we should pass on an assistant who is known for teaching shooting technics, that we have been sorely missing, recruits in an area where we are weak, and he has ties to players that we really could use. Nevermind that he has been CLEARED of any wrong doing, or that we have coaches that will babysit the program.

Such self-righteous idiots around here. Good Lord. Is there anyone out there who can pass the IU fan test? Besides Sister Jean?

Yea we should pass on an assistant who is known for teaching shooting technics, that we have been sorely missing, recruits in an area where we are weak, and he has ties to players that we really could use. Nevermind that he has been CLEARED of any wrong doing, or that we have coaches that will babysit the program.

Such self-righteous idiots around here. Good Lord. Is there anyone out there who can pass the IU fan test? Besides Sister Jean?

I haven't seen the ncaa document that says he was cleared of any wrong-doing. Do you have a link to that?

What I saw was that he wasn't charged with a crime because the agents didn't think he had enough pull with recruits to actually offer him $. Do you know otherwise?

Reactions: Pryght
It all runs downhill from the head coach. These assistants aren’t paying guys themselves. Ultimately all that matters is if Woody plays by the rules. If he does, his assistants will too. Nothing goes on within a program that the HC doesn’t know about.

I hope they will have someone specifically assigned to checking up on him. Disturbing choice. We're hiring someone Oats specifically declined to retain.
Matta needs to make sure this doesn't bite us in the ass. Otherwise, I'm willing to trust Woody.

I haven't seen the ncaa document that says he was cleared of any wrong-doing. Do you have a link to that?

What I saw was that he wasn't charged with a crime because the agents didn't think he had enough pull with recruits to actually offer him $. Do you know otherwise?
IU has done the checking, Dolson, Matta and their staffs have the information they need to feel comfortable hiring Yasir.

Reactions: UncleMark
IU has done the checking, Dolson, Matta and their staffs have the information they need to feel comfortable hiring Yasir.

Where is the ncaa document stating that he's been "cleared" of all wrongdoing. You made the statement....can you back it up?

Also, as far as I can tell, he's never been the lead recruiter for a top 100 player. To be honest, he seems to be best at self-promotion. What exactly are his qualifications? Be specific now. Because right now he's an assistant coach at Seattle University.. He wasn't retained by Oats when he came in, although he's an Alabama native. Is this all just a play to try to get Jabari Smith?

It all runs downhill from the head coach. These assistants aren’t paying guys themselves. Ultimately all that matters is if Woody plays by the rules. If he does, his assistants will too. Nothing goes on within a program that the HC doesn’t know about.
lol ...........

wrong.

I could care less if we cheat a little bit if, it brings us a Championship. Just don’t get caught and even if you do, they probably won’t do anything anyways. If we don’t do it, someone else will. Baylor probably just did.

Where is the ncaa document stating that he's been "cleared" of all wrongdoing. You made the statement....can you back it up?

Also, as far as I can tell, he's never been the lead recruiter for a top 100 player. To be honest, he seems to be best at self-promotion. What exactly are his qualifications? Be specific now. Because right now he's an assistant coach at Seattle University.. He wasn't retained by Oats when he came in, although he's an Alabama native. Is this all just a play to try to get Jabari Smith?
I’ve seen Jabari Smith mentioned several times but everything I read says he is signed with Auburn and I see nothing about him asking to be let out of that, let alone it being granted. Am I missing something?

We did not watch Sampson very well.

No I didn't see those documents. Should we organize a group trip to the NCAA offices or the Federal Building and demand to see some documents? I'm sure there are some people there who have dropped the ball.

This is what gets me, how do these holier than thou people think that IU does no wrong. It amazes me that Noah Vonleh came out of nowhere to come to IU. Nothing fishy there.

Sister Jean is too old and has no experience. Hard pass!

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
No I didn't see those documents. Should we organize a group trip to the NCAA offices or the Federal Building and demand to see some documents? I'm sure there are some people there who have dropped the ball.
While we are there let’s ask for documents stating every coach does not cheat - list them by name. I am sure they have that!
Or maybe they will just say (not in writing) that the coach is not under and has never been under any NCAA investigation

Reactions: birdforbogey
I’m more concerned that no one signed this guy the past 2 seasons. If he is so good, why hasn't he been on anyone’s staff?
Maybe he wasn’t offered a job that he felt comfortable taking and was making good money in the private sector doing training.

This is what gets me, how do these holier than thou people think that IU does no wrong. It amazes me that Noah Vonleh came out of nowhere to come to IU. Nothing fishy there.

Kenny and bruiser were our assistants. LOL. Thomas bryant over at Huntington prep. Romeo. Noah. Hell, Hanner air Columbia Perea. AhopE!!!! We have cheated for a long time. Everyone cheats!!!!

Kenny and bruiser were our assistants. LOL. Thomas bryant over at Huntington prep. Romeo. Noah. Hell, Hanner air Columbia Perea. AhopE!!!! We have cheated for a long time. Everyone cheats!!!!
It’s not wrong to cheat, It’s wrong to get caught!

ADVERTISEMENT