ADVERTISEMENT

Things will get interesting in Atlanta

Again... You don't think I can find instances of people resisting arrest over an actual violent criminal act, running from cops and firing an actual gun at them and NOT being shot in the back and killed? You don't think that's possible, esp when we're talking an actual weapon, not a taser?
Where have I said any of this?

Reactions: Lucy01
Was the suspect being initially arrested for falling asleep in a drive-thru? And btw, have you been in a drive-thru on a weekend night while restaurants are on lockdown? He could've conceivably been in line for 30-45 mins before it was time to pick up his order. In most cases, we'd likely laugh off someone falling asleep in a drive-thru, and yet you're already imagining this guy carjacking some innocent family in his zeal to avoid a DUI...

For me, that's a leap...
30-45 minutes. Lol.

Or, he could have passed out because he was intoxicated. You know, the reason the cops attempted to arrest him.

How many more alternate scenarios can you come up with?

30-45 minutes. Lol.

Or, he could have passed out because he was intoxicated. You know, the reason the cops attempted to arrest him.

How many more alternate scenarios can you come up with?

I'm just saying most people who are drunk don't simply fall asleep at the wheel the moment their car stops. I don't think he pulled into the drive-thru full of cars thinking he'd just cop some ZZZZsss. He was probably intent on ordering food and fell asleep during the extended wait. I don't know that, but based on my own experience of current waits in drive-thrus when very few people are opting to go inside, then that scenario seems reasonable to me.

It seems he was barely over the limit. Again the cops allowed him to park his own car. They didn't seem to be worried he'd drive away or was too drunk to even drive. I don't KNOW any of that, just drawing conclusions on what we know and the actions the cops engaged in at the scene prior to arresting him...

Where have I said any of this?

I didn't say you said any of this. But you seem to think that the best option for the cops was to shoot him. I'm just saying I can find other instances when cops made better choices and things worked out better, even when dealing with what I'd consider a more serious threat. Cops let people off of DUIs all the time, so I'm not sure why they felt it was necessary to kill someone who had falen asleep, resisted arrest, and was running away from you to the point that your only target was his back.

You seem to display far more vitriol towards a guy who fell asleep and shot a taser at cops than you do to a Dude who ambushed and killed two cops. I've posted about that, and I don't remember you even commenting much less expressing anger at the fact that he wasn't killed resisting arrest.

Come to think of it I don't recall you having any comments about the bikers who attacked people on the street corners in Bethel Ohio over the weekend. The people who were protesting were residents of the town, and the bikers were people who basically invaded and literally assaulted mainly women. For some reason, those attacks, some by people claiming to be Pro-police didn't enrage you as much as the actions of a guy who fell asleep in a drive-thru and ran from cops...

We've had threads on both these issues. Am I misremembering the extent of your participation and outrage expressed?

I wonder if these idiots that actually do quit have considered there's not much of a job market for the unskilled . Plus "former police officer who quit during a crisis" doesn't look good on a resume and they probably won't receive UE. I doubt Amazon will hire them, or grocery stores. Maybe Hobby Lobby would, or Chick-fil-a .. but they would be paid far lower wages and have no way to compensate for their ineffectual high school years while flinging chicken .. Not the brightest bulbs in the pack.

Last edited:
I assume you have some data that show a correlation between running from the police and carjacking.
I bet the correlation to carjacking is higher with a guy drunk, running from police, with a stolen taser from said police than you or me, stone cold sober, laying in bed, typing on a basketball message board.

I bet the correlation to carjacking is higher with a guy drunk, running from police, with a stolen taser from said police than you or me, stone cold sober, laying in bed, typing on a basketball message board.
Bet all you want. You got any data to back it up? Seems to me if our plan is to say a dead guy deserved what he got, some cold hard facts would be in order.

Bet all you want. You got any data to back it up? Seems to me if our plan is to say a dead guy deserved what he got, some cold hard facts would be in order.

CNN has just posted an interview Cuomo had with a witness who was in line at Wendy's saw the shooting, and discovered his own car had been hit by the 3rd shot fired at Brooks by Rolfe. I wonder if the fact that the officer shot another vehicle with people in it has any effect on some of the people claiming this shooting was justified? Over sleeping in a car?

Video of the kick

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiu
But you seem to think that the best option for the cops was to shoot him.

You seem to display far more vitriol towards a guy

There you go again. I neither said nor implied EITHER of these things. It’s exceedingly difficult to have a discussion on something like this when I’m constantly having to push back on your dishonesty in framing my argument.

15631105391_7ab4d01a2a_o.gif

CNN has just posted an interview Cuomo had with a witness who was in line at Wendy's saw the shooting, and discovered his own car had been hit by the 3rd shot fired at Brooks by Rolfe. I wonder if the fact that the officer shot another vehicle with people in it has any effect on some of the people claiming this shooting was justified? Over sleeping in a car?

Video of the kick

just a bit outside

Video of the kick

The officer was just showing other people why they shouldn’t resist arrest!

In an earlier post you wanted to retract the cold hard facts leading up to the events of his death.

What was it you said? I find it interesting how often people try to justify police shootings by pointing out all the bad things the deceased was doing.

Its unfortunate what happened, many have stated as much, but the complete oversight of this guy by many in this thread is dangerous and possibly hyperbolic just for the sake of argument.

This isn’t a classroom, this isn’t a scenario. This happened in real time to real people.

While reading this thread I'm actually more concerned about the thought that if you have a previous record than it somehow makes it more justifiable for a cop to play judge, jury and executioner on them.

Are there different shades of this code? Say I have some misdemeanors and I get pulled over for speeding, does the cop have the right to beat the hell out of me?

Beyond dumb.

How dumb?

Bob Knight has a record, including assaulting a cop (along with assistant coaches, SID's and guitar players) so if he talks back to a cop then the cop should be able to shoot him in the head.

The cop had a previous record and almost hit some innocent bystanders so in reality was a bigger threat than Brooks so...the cop should have been justifiably killed per this logic.

Bottom line the cop had an opportunity to shoot to kill when the taser was fired at them.

They don't after he wasn't posing an immediate physical threat by running away regardless of whatever fantasy scenario you want to try to create as a make believe threat to justify the illegal shootings.

While reading this thread I'm actually more concerned about the thought that if you have a previous record than it somehow makes it more justifiable for a cop to play judge, jury and executioner on them.

Are there different shades of this code? Say I have some misdemeanors and I get pulled over for speeding, does the cop have the right to beat the hell out of me?

Beyond dumb.

How dumb?

Bob Knight has a record, including assaulting a cop (along with assistant coaches, SID's and guitar players) so if he talks back to a cop then the cop should be able to shoot him in the head.

The cop had a previous record and almost hit some innocent bystanders so in reality was a bigger threat than Brooks so...the cop should have been justifiably killed per this logic.

Bottom line the cop had an opportunity to shoot to kill when the taser was fired at them.

They don't after he wasn't posing an immediate physical threat by running away regardless of whatever fantasy scenario you want to try to create as a make believe threat to justify the illegal shootings.
Tommy I think it’s time for you to find a new handle, I find CRACKER racist and offensive!

Once the taser was fired, does it become a red herring? Now it depends if it was a one or two shot taser, which the officer would know. But in reading it appears the weapon needs a new cartridge once fired. I doubt anyone runs around with spare cartridges in their pocket.

That said, I will be amazed if they get murder to stick.

I just really want to know where the idea he would engage in "further criminal activity" comes from? Do you feel that is equally applicable to the guy heading home after a few too many at the Elks club, who maybe gets stopped? Is HE en route to engage in "further criminal activity" as well?

Not commenting on the shooting at all, tired of that tail chasing argument for now, but did have a thought on this specific question you have asked several times. I believe that yes, he would have been en route to commit more criminal activity because he probably would have gotten back into his car to drive home. He did not pull into the Wendy's to "sleep it off". He was in the drive thru lane trying to get food and he passed out drunk so that cars were having to go around him. That is why the police were called initially. Given that, I think it is reasonable to believe that he probably would have had no qualms about getting back in his car to try and drive home drunk.

And yes, that applies equally to the guy driving home bombed from the Elks Club too.

Not commenting on the shooting at all, tired of that tail chasing argument for now, but did have a thought on this specific question you have asked several times. I believe that yes, he would have been en route to commit more criminal activity because he probably would have gotten back into his car to drive home. He did not pull into the Wendy's to "sleep it off". He was in the drive thru lane trying to get food and he passed out drunk so that cars were having to go around him. That is why the police were called initially. Given that, I think it is reasonable to believe that he probably would have had no qualms about getting back in his car to try and drive home drunk.

And yes, that applies equally to the guy driving home bombed from the Elks Club too.

In theory, would not the police have called to have the car towed at that point?

I'm not calling you a racist. I'm calling you a sorry excuse for the excrement of a human being.

Funny, you can think that about me for some posts on a message board, but the child beating, cop assaulting drunk driver deserves to live. Your anger is misplaced...don’t be such an emotional little girl.

Reactions: ulrey and Lucy01
The real question is why is everyone so afraid? Why didn't someone go knock on his window and tell him it was burger time,wake up.

The real question is why is everyone so afraid? Why didn't someone go knock on his window and tell him it was burger time,wake up.

.....so he could wake up from his drunken stupor, get his old fashioned burgers and drive off drunk into the night?

In an earlier post you wanted to retract the cold hard facts leading up to the events of his death.

What was it you said? I find it interesting how often people try to justify police shootings by pointing out all the bad things the deceased was doing.

Its unfortunate what happened, many have stated as much, but the complete oversight of this guy by many in this thread is dangerous and possibly hyperbolic just for the sake of argument.

This isn’t a classroom, this isn’t a scenario. This happened in real time to real people.
LOL. Every post you make is internally inconsistent and illogical. You're just posting word salads.

1.08 doesn't indicate to me that he was sh*t faced. And yeah I'd a told him the cops were on the way, go home.

Funny, you can think that about me for some posts on a message board, but the child beating, cop assaulting drunk driver deserves to live. Your anger is misplaced...don’t be such an emotional little girl.
To be clear...the child beating, cop assaulting drunk driver deserved to live. There would be other consequences, but he deserved to live.

Bottom line if he was doing what he was supposed to be doing he would be home right now, probably awaiting his return to jail for his previous crimes but he didn't hence he paid the ultimate sacrifice. I feel for his family and the officers he put in that situation.

The real fun will begin if the officers are acquitted of any wrong doing, which IMO they should, the city of Atlanta will probably burn to the ground. When you start putting the burden of proof on those trying to protect rather than those who are law breakers you have big problems.

Yes, he shot an unarmed citizen in the back. All I need to know.

Drunk and asleep while black = instant death sentence carried out in a Wendy’s parking lot.

White and shooting up a church full of black people = calmly brought in and given Burger King.

Reactions: cosmickid
Bottom line if he was doing what he was supposed to be doing he would be home right now, probably awaiting his return to jail for his previous crimes but he didn't hence he paid the ultimate sacrifice. I feel for his family and the officers he put in that situation.

The real fun will begin if the officers are acquitted of any wrong doing, which IMO they should, the city of Atlanta will probably burn to the ground. When you start putting the burden of proof on those trying to protect rather than those who are law breakers you have big problems.
There’s no way they get him on felony murder.

ADVERTISEMENT