ADVERTISEMENT

things that green is good at

kingmanite

Freshman
Jun 5, 2012
He can dribble off either foot. He can charge very hard. He can throw passes one step behind his target. He can guard no one. He can shoot a lot and hit very little. He has selective hearing when it comes to coaching.

Reactions: ufo33
He can dribble off either foot. He can charge very hard. He can throw passes one step behind his target. He can guard no one. He can shoot a lot and hit very little. He has selective hearing when it comes to coaching.
He must have been a pupil of the Troy Williams school of basketball.

Green reminded ne early on of the type of frustrating player that VJIII was. VJIII improved every year and it was a big loss when he was injured heading into the NCAA tournament. Green has learned nothing from Archie.

He must have been a pupil of the Troy Williams school of basketball.

Green reminded ne early on of the type of frustrating player that VJIII was. VJIII improved every year and it was a big loss when he was injured heading into the NCAA tournament. Green has learned nothing from Archie.
How to graduate smoke lots of weed, play out of control, play video games all night, learn nothing end up in Europe.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
And yet in year 3 he’s one of our best players. It’s so sad IU has stooped to this. Such a soft minded team too.

We just cant rely on green. Al and Rob playing at a higher level will make Green way better. If we are gonna win or lose based on if Green is hot, we are not gonna win many more games.

And yet in year 3 he’s one of our best players. It’s so sad IU has stooped to this. Such a soft minded team too.

He is behind TJD, Rob, Joey, Al and Justin...so no...he is not one of "our" best players.

He is behind TJD, Rob, Joey, Al and Justin...so no...he is not one of "our" best players.
For sure not behind Al or Rob, they have both played awful against good competition, other than robs good start in the OSU game. Devonte still had a better game that day, prob his best game ever.

For sure not behind Al or Rob, they have both played awful against good competition, other than robs good start in the OSU game. Devonte still had a better game that day, prob his best game ever.

DG id 30% awesome 70% poor. Rob is a far better floor leader.

Rob showed emotion after he hit the threes against OSU. Other than that i havent seen him show much of any emotion or lead. Lot of bad play and shitty D tho. At one time I thought he could be the best defensive guard in the big ten. Ya..... I was wrong

Rob is having a bad sophomore season.

Rob stats: 7 pts, 2.8 reb, 2.7 ast. His effective fg% is 43%, turnover rate is 21% and his per is around 12. Defensively, he’s been inconsistent (putting it kindly). A lacrosse player, who might have a hairier chest than John Stockton, outplayed him two games ago.

Devonte stats: 11 pts 2.4 reb, 2.2 ast. His effective fg% is 51%, turnover rate is 14%, and per is around 18.

Devonte isn’t good, but he’s currently having a better season than Rob.

Last edited:
And the other 70% we are almost losing to shitty teams and losing to teams that are our level.

And he has significantly contributed to those problems. Rob doesn't always play well but he rarely actively pilots the team into the ground.

And he has significantly contributed to those problems. Rob doesn't always play well but he rarely actively pilots the team into the ground.

dude he has a higher TO rate then green, can’t dribble or pass, and looks like he doesn’t give a F. When has he been better in any game then Devonte, or contributed to a win more than devonte? Devonte straight won us OSU and FSU, you know our best wins.

Reactions: fpeaugh

You can judge 95% of college players fairly by closely looking at stats. This does not apply to DG. While his stats are mediocre, his intangibles are, imo, off-the-charts bad. I've watched IU basketball for 50 years and there is a very short list of 3/4 year players who I believe have had such a detrimental effect.

Rob has been horrible this year, no doubt. Worse, statistically, than DG. However, If he was healthy, there's no doubt who you would rather see off the roster.

Last edited:
You can judge 95% of college players fairly by closely looking at stats. This does not apply to DG. While his stats are mediocre, his intangibles are, imo, off-the-charts bad. I've watched IU basketball for 50 years and there is a very short list of 3/4 year players who I believe have had such a detrimental effect.

Rob has been horrible this year, no doubt. Worse, statistically, than DG. However, If he was healthy, there's no doubt who you would rather see off the roster.

Skill has never been the issue with DG. He can handle the ball, has lightning quick hands and generally has good defensive foot positioning. He is a streaky shooter.

His problem is his attitude toward the game (and maybe his attitude toward coaching). When DG comes off the bench, plays with discipline and lets the game come to him...he is an asset and has changed games for the good. When he comes out and wants to be the man...he forces things, doesn't see the floor and nothing good happens.

I have supported DG here for his fist three years (with a fair amount of pushback from some), but it is getting tougher.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Over Rated

No, the opposite, he's actually a better scorer than he should be for his ranking. Problem with him is he doesn't play team ball and hasn't learned a thing in 4 years. That might not be all his fault … look who's been his mentors! Still, a selfish player, and I hope he took his foreign language requirements seriously … that's where he's going, zero pro potential

How to graduate smoke lots of weed, play out of control, play video games all night, learn nothing end up in Europe.
I was thinking about Europe for him last night. I do not follow that league but in looking at some of our guys who have played there, I dont think Green is good enough day to day to stick.

I was thinking about Europe for him last night. I do not follow that league but in looking at some of our guys who have played there, I dont think Green is good enough day to day to stick.

He will get some attention overseas as they look for "electric" player/entertainers. The game is different and geared to a different audience. He will have to score though or he won't stick as you say.

Skill has never been the issue with DG. He can handle the ball, has lightning quick hands and generally has good defensive foot positioning. He is a streaky shooter.

His problem is his attitude toward the game (and maybe his attitude toward coaching). When DG comes off the bench, plays with discipline and lets the game come to him...he is an asset and has changed games for the good. When he comes out and wants to be the man...he forces things, doesn't see the floor and nothing good happens.

I have supported DG here for his fist three years (with a fair amount of pushback from some), but it is getting tougher.

I hate the expression(s) on his face when Archie is trying to get his attention and reason with him.

That tells you everything you need to know about the guy. He is not to be relied on.

Archie's dicked around with him for 3 years and tried every motivational technique, which has amounted to a lot of wasted time & effort.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
We can all moan and groan all we want. The bottom line is that IU has to get better/smarter players or it will not become what it should be-a team that opponents don't want to play. Recruiting ,coaching,attitudes are just parts of the entire puzzle. CAM and others are paid to straighten this up. I'll leave it to them or whomever will be in charge if they fail. Some fans have to suffer at times-it either improves or you get complacent.

We can all moan and groan all we want. The bottom line is that IU has to get better/smarter players or it will not become what it should be-a team that opponents don't want to play. Recruiting ,coaching,attitudes are just parts of the entire puzzle. CAM and others are paid to straighten this up. I'll leave it to them or whomever will be in charge if they fail. Some fans have to suffer at times-it either improves or you get complacent.
Recruiting has sucked no getting around that. Armaan Franklin would have never been recruited by Knight maybe Leal and Galloway, maybe would have gotten looks. Knight's recruiting kicked ass he didn't dick around with 3 star type players look at 1989 roster go look that up those players were studs ok. Recruiting is awful right now. Just awful.

Reactions: fpeaugh

That’s your bias speaking. Not reality.

DG has been much, much better than Rob this year. More consistent. More reliable. More aggressive. Everything else in your mind is just bias.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT