ADVERTISEMENT

Things Have Taken a Major Turn...(see updates on first post)

Fpeaugh2

Sophomore
Mar 16, 2021
Things are moving at light speed at the moment. I’m now hearing that Woodson will be the hire and Thad Matta will be an assistant on his staff. Thad wants back in and IU will pay him well as an assistant.

Things are really swirling behind the scenes. I’ll try to keep everyone up to speed as they change.

UPDATE as of 3:25pm ET: It’s a done deal. They’re telling the players first and will be announced soon. Woodson and Thad. It’s frustrating with the site limiting my posts if a mod can change that I can update everyone faster.

Last edited:
Things are moving at light speed at the moment. I’m now hearing that Woodson will be the hire and Thad Matta will be an assistant on his staff. Thad wants back in and IU will pay him well as an assistant.

Things are really swirling behind the scenes. I’ll try to keep everyone up to speed as they change.
I just re-posted this on the premium board!

Lol... you got me with Beilein/Fife :)

Reactions: kkott and tbone6004
As long as they hire Luke Murray...wouldn't it be great to have Bill Murray at a game or two?

Let me get this straight, someone put up 10 million to buy out Archie to hire Mike Woodson?

Can confirm this. Only difference is that Thad will also play the role of Martha the broom lady before each home game, singing indiana our indiana in a dress and a whig.

UPDATE as of 3:25pm ET: It’s a done deal. They’re telling the players first and will be announced soon. Woodson and Thad. It’s frustrating with the site limiting my posts if a mod can change that I can update everyone faster.
Why would this come out the day before the women are to play in the elite 8? Really bad timing IMO.

Reactions: DAG10

5 minutes after it was posted on WWW by many sources... Lol

Reactions: IndyAuthor
I think it will be funny when everyone running their mouth realizes the fepaugh has been spot on with every bit of info. Dead on. I can’t speak for previous rumors pre-coaching search, but his source on everything with this search has been impeccable. Wait until tomorrow.

I think it will be funny when everyone running their mouth realizes the fepaugh has been spot on with every bit of info. Dead on. I can’t speak for previous rumors, but his source on everything with this search has been impeccable. Wait until tomorrow.
Because he’s already been wrong multiple times 😂🤣

Reactions: kkott
He hasn’t...again everything he has said is true. I know this as a matter of fact. Matta wants to be apart of IU and will be now.
He just saw this on the internet before others. He has no inside knowledge. Last time he made that claim was an hour before Lander announced for IU. FeePaw said his sources said IU had no chance of signing Lander. LOL!

He just saw this on the internet before others. He has no inside knowledge. Last time he made that claim was an hour before Lander announced for IU. FeePaw said his sources said IU had no chance of signing Lander. LOL!
I had been twitter searching Woodson for an hour. FPU was before Bozich by a few minutes and Bozich was ahead of everyone else. Seyton from the premie indicated that he knew it was Woody a few minutes before FPU, but FPU was by far the first with the Matta info.

For me, the fact that Matta is along for the ride is a positive. Just hoping this can work. IU is all out of mulligans.
This is something out of the box and taking an NBA like approach. I love it. excited to see what our squad kooks like next year. Should be good from the jump if this is gonna work. I think it will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT