ADVERTISEMENT

Things Have Taken a Major Turn...(see updates on first post)

You were saying?

I have no idea why so many on here seem to hate the person who has now broken the news on the last 3 coaching searches. I thought that’s what these boards are for. I will gladly accept all apologies and come back together as IU fans. I’ll be waiting.
When do Belein and fife start?

You are 0-6. Missed or were late on every call. Despite what you claim.

You were saying?

I have no idea why so many on here seem to hate the person who has now broken the news on the last 3 coaching searches. I thought that’s what these boards are for. I will gladly accept all apologies and come back together as IU fans. I’ll be waiting.
One of these days they’ll learn to listen to ya.

Things are moving at light speed at the moment. I’m now hearing that Woodson will be the hire and Thad Matta will be an assistant on his staff. Thad wants back in and IU will pay him well as an assistant.

Things are really swirling behind the scenes. I’ll try to keep everyone up to speed as they change.

UPDATE as of 3:25pm ET: It’s a done deal. They’re telling the players first and will be announced soon. Woodson and Thad. It’s frustrating with the site limiting my posts if a mod can change that I can update everyone faster.
Props! Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
Let me get this straight, someone put up 10 million to buy out Archie to hire Mike Woodson?
I am not sure anyone could have successfully predicted how Coach Woodson's first month has gone. With that now behind us and it has possibly gone better than if Stevens were the hire: have you changed your tune?

Last edited:
Things are moving at light speed at the moment. I’m now hearing that Woodson will be the hire and Thad Matta will be an assistant on his staff. Thad wants back in and IU will pay him well as an assistant.

Things are really swirling behind the scenes. I’ll try to keep everyone up to speed as they change.

UPDATE as of 3:25pm ET: It’s a done deal. They’re telling the players first and will be announced soon. Woodson and Thad. It’s frustrating with the site limiting my posts if a mod can change that I can update everyone faster.
Props to you

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I am not sure anyone could have successfully predicted how Coach Woodson's first month has gone. With that now behind us and it has possibly gone better than if Stevens were the hire: have you changed your tune?
As I would for any coach — including Crean, Archie, and Stevens had he taken the job — I’ll reserve judgment until I get to see the product on the floor.....not just for one game or even one season, but over a reasonable arc of time.

I’m not displeased with anything that’s happened thus far (except Franklin leaving — but that’s on him, not CMW). But we haven’t even had formal practices yet, let alone play any games.

Can't compare alternate realities but have to be pleased with what Woodson has accomplished so far. Now we have to see what the product on the court looks like to see if we have made progress.

Reactions: luviubball
As I would for any coach — including Crean, Archie, and Stevens had he taken the job — I’ll reserve judgment until I get to see the product on the floor.....not just for one game or even one season, but over a reasonable arc of time.

I’m not displeased with anything that’s happened thus far (except Franklin leaving — but that’s on him, not CMW). But we haven’t even had formal practices yet, let alone play any games.
All good points. I, unfortunately, with Archie said that he would go down as one of the greatest hires in all of sport. I really thought he was going to kill it at IU. What happens in games is how Woodson and his staff are going to be ultimately judged. I didn't want Franklin to leave, but I don't see room for Tamar Bates. Have to wait and see what happens with them two next season, but IU may very well came out a head in this exchange.

All good points. I, unfortunately, with Archie said that he would go down as one of the greatest hires in all of sport. I really thought he was going to kill it at IU. What happens in games is how Woodson and his staff are going to be ultimately judged. I didn't want Franklin to leave, but I don't see room for Tamar Bates. Have to wait and see what happens with them two next season, but IU may very well came out a head in this exchange.
And that’s got to be the attitude.

We can have opinions on this or that event in the off-season. A player transfers out, a player transfers in. A coach is fired, a coach is hired. A recruit takes our offer, a recruit goes elsewhere.

All of it matters, of course. But, ultimately, it’s what happens on the court that will form the conclusive judgment.

Reactions: luviubball
Correct. But, he is part of the basketball program and does help Woody in a lot of ways
Earlier that same morning he made an absurd claim about who he heard would be coach which was laughably wrong. He guaranteed Lander wasn’t going to IU, and not for the first time, a couple hours before Lander committed to IU. He then went back to try to delete some of those predictions, but there were too many and they’d already been quoted. I don’t think he has any inside information at all. Way too much evidence that says he doesn’t.

No it wasn’t. Everything is time stamped. Go find one single person who mentioned it before my post and I’ll leave this board forever.
Posts start as time stamped, but after awhile that goes away, so...wrong again!

There was a tweet from a reporter about the sides being close to a deal a few minutes before your "done deal" edit.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
So if he did have the scoop,what’s the big deal?
He knows somebody that knows somebody,impressive🙄

People will go to great lengths to keep the illusion alive.

WsgIBQg.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT