ADVERTISEMENT

They will never admit it

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
and in fact will claim the opposite.

But a whole lot of Purdue grads just breathed a sigh of relief.

If we cannot beat Rutgers, we have have no right to claim anyone breathing a sigh of relief. If we played that next game, we’d get run out of the gym. A well rested team just got their ass whipped by the last place team in the conference.

If we cannot beat Rutgers, we have have no right to claim anyone breathing a sigh of relief. If we played that next game, we’d get run out of the gym. A well rested team just got their ass whipped by the last place team in the conference.

They have played to their competition all year. Look back. I really wanted to see that rematch,

What’s the point of a rivalry if you don’t get to play your rival?
Playing IU would’ve been the better game.

Not really... Sanders makes that team hard to beat when he shoots like that. If we lost to Rutgers it would look very bad. A loss to IU wouldn't be so bad. Not good, but nowhere near as bad.

Reactions: IUFAN80
We beat Rutgers by 25 points at their place. I don’t know what to call tonight other than a giant poop fest.
Sanders is what happened. When Purdue played them twice, we crushed them the first time and the second time it was a 2 point game. Sanders hit shots the 2nd time. Same thing when you guys crushed them at their place. Sanders wasn't hitting like he was today.

Not really... Sanders makes that team hard to beat when he shoots like that. If we lost to Rutgers it would look very bad. A loss to IU wouldn't be so bad. Not good, but nowhere near as bad.

They won't lose tomorrow. Not a chance.

We also beat Rutgers by 22 the last time so I don't think what happens in one game has anything to do with another,
Rutgers had two key players out with injuries that game and was reduced to using a walk on and a bench warmer significant minutes.. RU is a Jekl and Hyde team - tonight the good version showed up.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that. Gawd I long for the day when we aren't making idle threats or predictions after another frustrating loss. I truly believe those days are coming, but damn, they can't get here fast enough. I want to like every player that every pulled on the candy stripes but there are a few in this bunch I'm not going to miss.

I wanted a Purdue/IU rematch more than than Purdue/Rutgers again. A win against Rutgers doesn't help Purdue's RPI.

So someone is suggesting that a team would rather play the #14 seed who will be playing their 3rd game in 3 days instead of having to play the 6th seed?

Great insight and intellect.

So someone is suggesting that a team would rather play the #14 seed who will be playing their 3rd game in 3 days instead of having to play the 6th seed?

Want to wager? Oh wait...never mind.

Based on last night, IU didn’t even deserve a seed in the tourney. That game was Crean-esque. Purdue would have embarrassed IU and part of me is really glad there was no re-match. That was probably worse than IPFW.

Oh dear god. Please stop being so bitter. BTW nice Top Ten (#4) clip of the night for Rutgers!

We are pissed. We wanted another crack at this “Call Out Screens” team. This team is now done. I just think you can now spend most of your time texting 17 year olds in the dark basement on why they should come to IU.

I am very disappointed that we don't get another IU-Purdue game this year. I know playing some team that has already played 2 games in a row might be easier, but I really don't care. I would rather have seen the all-Indiana game.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Wanted the match up with IU. Glad that the home and home series will not be compromised from now on. One of the best rivalries in college bball.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I'm not seeing it. All they had to do is go inside until JM got his 2 quick fouls and went to the bench. Repeat in the 2nd half. It was really that simple to beat IU this season.

Um... That ending you speak of? It might be a few decades off. Go Boilers!

:cool:

Unlikely....if you’ve followed the series closely enough. During the Knight -Keady years it almost always seemed to be a split. These two schools seem to go on little runs now where they win a few in a row but you’re never going to see what you’re implying in this series: decades worth of losses by one of these two universities against the other. Just won’t happen. I assume you are implying something like one school beats the other 10 times in a row or more? Won’t happen for either program.

Reactions: jwboiler
ADVERTISEMENT