ADVERTISEMENT

They can’t understand Tom Allen….

It's probably that his long winded way of answering a question kept timing out. "### ###### ## ##### ####### # ### ## ###### now the play call is" -BEEEEEEEEEEEEP -

Reactions: red hornet
Wow!... To get the whole picture read the article where this tweet came from... The story was on StateCollege.com

To me, it sounds like TA has more than just a problem being understood on the headset (which makes sense to me)... but more important, from a few quotes, it sounds like he's had trouble gaining everyone's confidence, in both players and staff.

Wow! Again!

Penn State DC Tom Allen’s Move to Box Puts Spotlight on All-Time Great

Wow!... To get the whole picture read the article where this tweet came from... The story was on StateCollege.com

To me, it sounds like TA has more than just a problem being understood on the headset (which makes sense to me)... but more important, from a few quotes, it sounds like he's had trouble gaining everyone's confidence, in both players and staff.

Wow! Again!

Penn State DC Tom Allen’s Move to Box Puts Spotlight on All-Time Great
Maybe... a quote from the linebacker that 'he gets us more' on the younger guy now on the headset.

But over previous weeks there were a lot of articles that had quotes from Penn State players that Allen had quickly gotten them to buy in and they loved playing for him. It's his defense. Supposedly.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
It's become clearer to me what may have gone wrong against Tennessee when Coach Allen had said we had told the players to watch for the onside kick.

"FastmumblemumblefastmumbleKick!"

"Uhh... yeah, we got it coach!"

• Haha
Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Too busy motivating and cheerleading to get to the Play Call. "Remember LEO Guys, LEO. Whoops no time to get to the Play Call.

TA: "Okay, this play, go cover two, weaksi.. SQUIRREL!!!...."

I had to stop watching his press conferences... It was like trying to find your way thru a maze.

He made the old NFL coach Bum Phillips sound articulate.

In fairness, Coach Allen was frequently hoarse during halftime interviews and for days following games at IU; the guy exhausts his voice by yelling/getting emotional during the game. My guess is by the end of the first quarter his calls were no longer understood. Compare that to Coach Cig who seems to rarely say much of anything during the game and when he does I have a feeling the players better damn well understand it and execute the first time he says it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT