ADVERTISEMENT

These calls?

Indianaftw

All-American
Jul 26, 2017
Wow... that Wisconsin call just now the PI??? Out of control man. That call ended the game. Unreal. You prepare, get there, are in position to win and a ref flags some phantom bullshit and ruins everything? Something is wrong with college football.

Wow... that Wisconsin call just now the PI??? Out of control man. That call ended the game. Unreal. You prepare, get there, are in position to win and a ref flags some phantom bullshit and ruins everything? Something is wrong with college football.
Happens to B10 teams in every bowl game, total BS.

Reactions: DANC
Fumble against OSU, roughing the passer against Michigan, and offensive PI against Wisconsin. Absolutely insane.

Wisconsin beating themselves with turnovers and strange play calling. They’ve almost ignored Taylor and prefer to have WRs run the ball.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
That was not a phantom call! He clearly pushed the DB to get open. Did you listen to the clear explanation from the official? He said it was obvious. The dB has a chance to make a play

That was not a phantom call! He clearly pushed the DB to get open. Did you listen to the clear explanation from the official? He said it was obvious. The dB has a chance to make a play
Agree. It was a good call. Four turnovers lost that game for Wisconsin. Not that call.

Reactions: 76-1

It was the right call (and I'm anything but a ref apologist)...

I'm considering it Karmic justice for 45 years worth of uncalled Holding by the Wisconsin Offensive Line(s)...;):cool:

Yes that was bs that all i got to say about that!

I saw plenty of contact from both sides during the game to the point of wrestling. Then with that much time left you make that call? Be consistent. I watched the replay...If you have been listening to the explanation by these officials I feel sorry for you. These guys sound like they are justifying whats going down and its not right. It's getting unbearable.

They were playing man defense...he was tackled and made contact with his man...he did not pick or inhibit the other db at all that was defending the receiver that caught the pass.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
You overlooking the fact that Wisconsin gave them three touchdowns on short fields by turnovers.

Here's the thing, you can call that on darn near every play. They wait until then to call it? Suspect.

You have a good point...

I guess I've just seen so many supposed "missed" and/or blatantly bad calls against INDIANA over the past 60 plus years that seeing a few questionable ones go against our peers doesn't bother me much...

In my opinion, ref buying/influencing has practically turned college football into a hack version of "Big Time Wrestling"...

It's become particularly routinely bad within the Big Ten Conference...(once again my opinion)... Its ruining one of the great sports events out there...

That was beyond a bad call. I am honestly not sure what the official saw on that play.

Not sure I agree on the Wisconsin example however to piggyback the overarching theme, did you see the UK/VT game?

-Virginia Tech got hit with a personal foul for "offensive language" giving Kentucky a first down on 3rd & 18 which eventually led to their first TD.
-VT intercepted Bowden near midfield but got called for a PI when in fact the WR slipped and fell. Kentucky eventually scored a TD.
-With a minute left in the game Bowden fumbled on a 4th & 1 well before the play was dead or he was down but it was never reviewed.

Officiating has impacted multiple outcomes.

Last edited:
The holding call against Wisconsin was even worse. The Defender reaches out, TOUCHES the WR - does not impede the route at all - and it's 'holding'.

Total BS.

PI was the right call... what is missed on every play is the holding by Buckyville's OL... but until they call it, it's "legal holding/tackling".

If that was OPI on Wiscy, then it should've been D holding on the DB for grabbing the WR 10 yards deep to need to be pushed off in the first place.

But I was more put off by the late Wiscy punt return where the gunner led with his head and hit the return guy helmet to helmet. Didn't get a single comment from the TV folks or even a look by the replay official, which after the precedent set in the OSU-Clemson game, I would've expected.

How many times have you seen that call made? OU should
have been called for a hands to the face of Wisconsin
QB on the interception, hummm no call.

How many times have you seen that call made? OU should
have been called for a hands to the face of Wisconsin
QB on the interception, hummm no call.
I’ve seen a lot of PI called on the offense for trying to create space.
Of course every other conference officials are out to screw the B1G. lol Please explain why so many people feel that way? We aren’t the best conference (and haven’t been for quite awhile), so it can’t be jealousy.

Of course every other conference officials are out to screw the B1G. lol Please explain why so many people feel that way? We aren’t the best conference (and haven’t been for quite awhile), so it can’t be jealousy.
If you don't think there is a bias against B10 teams from
other conference refs then I have some swamp land
for you that is for sale. I believe IU has experienced this
bias first hand during N. Carolina State game if I
recall correctly.

Last edited:
I am going to guess that the SEC is not going to be officiating any Playoff games involving the B1G going forward.

My theory is that the top B1G teams have gotten the calls against the lower ranked conference teams all year. When they get into a bowl game, what they have been doing all year and getting away with isn't ignored. How did PSU go an entire game with one penalty for 0 yards against us?

My theory is that the top B1G teams have gotten the calls against the lower ranked conference teams all year. When they get into a bowl game, what they have been doing all year and getting away with isn't ignored. How did PSU go an entire game with one penalty for 0 yards against us?
That Penn State game is the poster child for lousy Big Ten officiating. I wonder how common only calling one penalty on a team really is?? It's seems to be ultra rare.

ADVERTISEMENT