ADVERTISEMENT

"There's Only You and Me, and We Just Disagree. 🎶"

HillzHoozier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2005
So, "I'll develop some disease and say I'll have to resign."

They seem to have it figured out, dont they.

Yep. I’m supposed to be jazzed that he’s the P-E. What a world.

Edit;
That forced smile Harris has when he’s stammering and making senile jokes is the same look my wife gives me when I’ve had too many pops and am telling inappropriate jokes at get-togethers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That forced smile Harris has when he’s stammering and making senile jokes is the same look my wife gives me when I’ve had too many pops and am telling inappropriate jokes at get-togethers.
So she's plotting her takeover?

Not sure I get your angst? Biden was clearly saying to BO that if he reached that point, and since the POTUS is the final arbiter he (VP Biden) would resign. Not sure how you could interpret his remarks other than anything but that the same would be true with regards to KH's choice in the same situation.

He didn't say that BO would resign, so why are you trying to claim this is anything other than Joe saying KH would be faced with the same ethical choice? Go along with the POTUS or resign-I think it's pretty clear...

Not sure I get your angst? Biden was clearly saying to BO that if he reached that point, and since the POTUS is the final arbiter he (VP Biden) would resign. Not sure how you could interpret his remarks other than anything but that the same would be true with regards to KH's choice in the same situation.

He didn't say that BO would resign, so why are you trying to claim this is anything other than Joe saying KH would be faced with the same ethical choice? Go along with the POTUS or resign-I think it's pretty clear...
Let them have their fun. Stuff like this is all they've got. Joe may have expressed himself inelegantly, but we all know what he meant. He's still far and away more articulate than what we've been subjected to for the last five years.

Let them have their fun. Stuff like this is all they've got. Joe may have expressed himself inelegantly, but we all know what he meant. He's still far and away more articulate than what we've been subjected to for the last five years.

I actually thought he was trying to twist it and make it seem like since Biden said he would resign if he reached an ideological impasse with BO, that Biden (not Harris) would be the one resigning if they had a conflict. Hence the "Harris will be POTUS" meme that some on the Right are so invested in...

But I honestly do not know. Hillz has (IMHO) a tendency to talk in circles. Not Mas-level, mind you. But still...

I actually thought he was trying to twist it and make it seem like since Biden said he would resign if he reached an ideological impasse with BO, that Biden (not Harris) would be the one resigning if they had a conflict. Hence the "Harris will be POTUS" meme that some on the Right are so invested in...

But I honestly do not know. Hillz has (IMHO) a tendency to talk in circles. Not Mas-level, mind you. But still...
I think it's funny, just another Corn Pop moment. But wait... Ol' Joe's little Freudian slip has woken the spinmeister... Must be something more to it... Stay tuned?!

Reactions: stollcpa
Absolutely right. In contrast, if Trump sensed that people knew he had a serious medical condition, he would send a "White House liaison" to Walter Reed Hospital to confiscate all his health records. And, Pence would still say he hasn't heard anything about it and then walk around in a daze like he's sleepwalking

Yep. I’m supposed to be jazzed that he’s the P-E. What a world.

Edit;

Jazzed? No. Biden's an old man. He's an institutionialist. He's bringing back many of the names that worked in the prior admin. Depending upon your point of view that's good or bad. But it's at least predictable and steady. This is no aspirational Presidency, and may well just act as a bridge to whatever comes further down the road.

But nobody has a clue what that future looks like.

Reactions: UncleMark
I think it's funny, just another Corn Pop moment. But wait... Ol' Joe's little Freudian slip has woken the spinmeister... Must be something more to it... Stay tuned?!

I honestly don't get what you consider a Freudian slip? Are you somehow thinking his reference to what he told Obama is recent? Because I guarantee you he is talking about how he advised Obama that if they (he and Obama) had a fundamental irreconcilable disagreement that he (Biden) as VP would DEFER to the POTUS. When all was said and done, he likely meant resign figuratively (as in withdraw from the debate) rather than literally, but only Biden knows the extent he would have carried that to...

But again I don't get your angst or even the purpose of your OP? Pretty obvious to me he is saying that ultimately a VP should defer to the POTUS, just like he did to BO. Can't imagine why YOU would have a problem with that? I thought that was the worry from some of you from the outset, that KH would control him? Seems to me he's making it pretty clear that he believes the VP should be the one deferring. That's what be believed in 2008, and that clip says he believes it to be equally true in 2020...

If your reference to "the spinmeister" is intended for me- then no spin necessary. He clearly says "It will be just like what Barack and I did", and that obviously indicates he's talking about the Obama Administration and his philosophy of Govt.

I'm not too surprised the DC felt that created some sort of phony talking point, but I'm confused why you're so gullible? It's not like this was some secret interview that no one saw-it's a live moment viewed by millions of people on CNN...

I honestly don't get what you consider a Freudian slip? Are you somehow thinking his reference to what he told Obama is recent? Because I guarantee you he is talking about how he advised Obama that if they (he and Obama) had a fundamental irreconcilable disagreement that he (Biden) as VP would DEFER to the POTUS. When all was said and done, he likely meant resign figuratively (as in withdraw from the debate) rather than literally, but only Biden knows the extent he would have carried that to...

But again I don't get your angst or even the purpose of your OP? Pretty obvious to me he is saying that ultimately a VP should defer to the POTUS, just like he did to BO. Can't imagine why YOU would have a problem with that? I thought that was the worry from some of you from the outset, that KH would control him? Seems to me he's making it pretty clear that he believes the VP should be the one deferring. That's what be believed in 2008, and that clip says he believes it to be equally true in 2020...

If your reference to "the spinmeister" is intended for me- then no spin necessary. He clearly says "It will be just like what Barack and I did", and that obviously indicates he's talking about the Obama Administration and his philosophy of Govt.

I'm not too surprised the DC felt that created some sort of phony talking point, but I'm confused why you're so gullible? It's not like this was some secret interview that no one saw-it's a live moment viewed by millions of people on CNN...
There are some who voted for Biden over Trump who don't realize how big of a doddering old fool he is. They are the gullible ones. Get used to people pointing it out, because it will be a regular occurrence.

When a running joke about the guy is that the Veep is gonna be in charge sooner than later, it becomes Freudian to hear him bring up an avenue by which that could happen, even if he was kidding. Even if he meant it just as you say he did, the circumstances, and the un-ease by which Kommi Harris reacted made the thing funny, and not in any way which was intended.

Pubs: party of the old white guy.
Dems: party of the super old, barely cognizant white guy (didn't say how long). 😆

Reactions: ulrey
If you’ve got two shit sandwiches to choose from, doesn’t mean the one you choose isn’t shit, just smells different....
I've compared it to a steaming pile of brocolli vs. a steaming pile of shit. Neither are palatable, but one isn't dangerous.

I've compared it to a steaming pile of brocolli vs. a steaming pile of shit. Neither are palatable, but one isn't dangerous.
I hope you’re right, & am trying to be optimistic, but having a fool in office is dangerous too. I’m having visions of Jimmy Carter., a righteous man I’ll-suited to the job. Granted, he was VP, but hoping the Peter Principle isn’t at work here. If it is I’ll share in the blame, I voted for him....

I hope you’re right, & am trying to be optimistic, but having a fool in office is dangerous too. I’m having visions of Jimmy Carter., a righteous man I’ll-suited to the job. Granted, he was VP, but hoping the Peter Principle isn’t at work here. If it is I’ll share in the blame, I voted for him....
Other than the character aspect, I don't think any comparison to Carter holds up. They're vastly different in their dispositions and experience.

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT