ADVERTISEMENT

There's a new website that's better than Drudge Report...

mikewoodson2

Sophomore
Feb 1, 2005
Drudge has been pissing me off for awhile. Way too much fluff and ridiculous, inane stories. I'm a news junkie on twitter and found this site yesterday.

CitizenFreePress.com

Same format as Drudge but better stories.

Drudge has been pissing me off for awhile. Way too much fluff and ridiculous, inane stories. I'm a news junkie on twitter and found this site yesterday.

CitizenFreePress.com

I went to Drudge once several years back. Even though I wanted to believe what was posted, I just couldn't. I guess it is no different than the rest of the media today.

Drudge links to mostly mainstream media sources, WaPo, NYT, and others. It's pretty rare that he gets conspiratorial. My problem with Drudge are the choices on what to cover. He is obsessed with LGBT stories, Hollywood crap, exorcism stories, etc. It's a lot of stupid fluff.

Drudge is gay, according to reports, which explains some of his journalistic tendencies, but he goes overboard. He never misses a story on Caitlin Jenner (who the hell cares). He also pushes ridiculous UFO stories at every turn.

It's about time he had some good competition.

Last edited:

CitizenFreePress.com

Why the hell would he use that same stupid format? Now we have two websites that look like they're from 1997.

CitizenFreePress.com

That is such a blatant copy of Drudge's format that I doubt it will last long. IANAL, but surely there's some kind of protection against that sort of thing.

That is such a blatant copy of Drudge's format that I doubt it will last long. IANAL, but surely there's some kind of protection against that sort of thing.

It's 3 columns of aggregated links. No one has a copyright on that. Yeah, the logo looks like Drudge, but he said on twitter that's he's paying homage to Drudge, and has Matt's blessing.

And I agree with your later post on the site format. It's simple and easy to read the links without distraction from flash and javascript, it loads in a millisecond.

His links are great. That's the only thing that matters to me.

CitizenFreePress.com

Last edited:
And what about your liberal echo chamber?

I read Slate, TPM, WaPo, NYT, as well as sources from the right. Can you say the same about reading conservative media sites?
It doesn't matter what your sources are if you allow someone else to choose which stories you read. Sites like Drudge and this new one you're hawking are for lazy people who don't want to challenge themselves.

Reactions: IUAPEX
I get your point there. But all modern news sites are aggregators. Citizen Free Press has like 70 links up right now and they go to all types of sources, nyt, wapo, huffpo, reuters, the hill, politico, etc. It may be on the populist/conservative side, but there's good content there for liberals too.

I personally like aggregation sites, it saves me time.

Oh my. Did it hurt your feelings that someone described his feelings about the disgusting person some of you elected? Need to find a safe place?

Jesus Christ it's the AOTF. Lol.

Fk off!

Edit- I didn't vote for that p.o.s. btw. That's besides the point. I was fking around bc it's....you know...AOTF policy.

I get your point there. But all modern news sites are aggregators. Citizen Free Press has like 70 links up right now and they go to all types of sources, nyt, wapo, huffpo, reuters, the hill, politico, etc. It may be on the populist/conservative side, but there's good content there for liberals too.

I personally like aggregation sites, it saves me time.
You said early in this thread that you didn't like some of the stories Drudge linked to. You implied he was too gay-friendly. It's very clear from this thread that you're just looking for an echo chamber that feeds back to you what you already believe.

You said early in this thread that you didn't like some of the stories Drudge linked to. You implied he was too gay-friendly. It's very clear from this thread that you're just looking for an echo chamber that feeds back to you what you already believe.

Wrong. I didn't mean he was too gay-friendly. I meant his website is too gay-focused. Drudge goes overboard in his coverage of gay/trans stories. That's all I was saying.

I'm pretty liberal on social issues. I support gay marriage, and abortion rights up to 5 months of pregnancy.

Also, cut out the personal attacks, and don't make me out to be a bigot. I grew up in the heart of Gary, Indiana with great friends from every race.

I was a practicing physician in Bloomington for 38 years and professor at the IU School of Medicine for 35 years. Moreover, I spent a couple years on Bob Knight's staff as an asst. team doctor with Rink and Bomba in the 70s.

Just be a civil person. I'm not your enemy.

Last edited:
Oh my. Did it hurt your feelings that someone described his feelings about the disgusting person some of you elected? Need to find a safe place?
Says the person who abandoned the candidate whose policy and political stance she supported for a candidate that was the same sex...not because of policy.

And you criticize trump voters?

How did it feel to know your one candidate (yeah women!) cheated to squash the actual candidate you liked?

Not preaching, Not a Trumptard, just stating the TRUTH...and you know it!
You can call Hillary a lot of things, but crazy isn't one of them. It probably would have helped her if she was, because it looks like a lot of people were invested in crazy this time.

You can call Hillary a lot of things, but crazy isn't one of them. It probably would have helped her if she was, because it looks like a lot of people were invested in crazy this time.
I notice you didn't disagree with the 'bitch' part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT