ADVERTISEMENT

There should be an IU alumni team in the TBT

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
I went to a couple sessions of The Basketball Tournament over the weekend in Columbus and it was a lot of fun. Teams made up primarily of alums from places like OSU, Purdue, Xavier and Dayton were all there and it was fun watching these play again. As I was sitting there watching, I couldn't help but think how a team made of IU alums would probably do well in a tournament like this. IU fans would probably flock to this tournament too.

Does anyone know why guys from IU haven't put together a team?

Reactions: kkott
I went to a couple sessions of The Basketball Tournament over the weekend in Columbus and it was a lot of fun. Teams made up primarily of alums from places like OSU, Purdue, Xavier and Dayton were all there and it was fun watching these play again. As I was sitting there watching, I couldn't help but think how a team made of IU alums would probably do well in a tournament like this. IU fans would probably flock to this tournament too.

They had a team in the past; think maybe Watford, Hulls and... Sheehey maybe? Not sure who else, but I think they made the final one year or F4 and lost to champion Marquette if I remember correctly?

Probably hard to practice and play when you live in different cities and now have a job and family

Mo Creek was great in the tournament last year as his team was the runner up. Yes, IU had a team in past few years as mentioned with hulls, Watford, Sheehey. Don't remember who else. and they also were a runner up or in the semis, I think, in one of those years. Did they break up the team or did they not qualify?

Mo Creek was great in the tournament last year as his team was the runner up. Yes, IU had a team in past few years as mentioned with hulls, Watford, Sheehey. Don't remember who else. and they also were a runner up or in the semis, I think, in one of those years. Did they break up the team or did they not qualify?
That's a good question - I'm not sure how they pare down the teams to the ones who make the tournament. That said, it'd be cool to see a team of IU guys in there.

ADVERTISEMENT