ADVERTISEMENT

There is still one perfect bracket on ESPN. One.

Oxford Collapse

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
I think the second day where the favorites all won helped a lot in that regard, but nailing the right upsets seemed to be pretty tough this year. Iowa State was pretty shaky going into the home stretch, and Baylor's always overrated.

But I'm impressed that anyone nailed all of them.

How'd you do on the first round?

27 out of 32

one guy in my pool got 28 but he has Nova winning it all. I held my nose and picked the obvious choice so I'm not concerned. I missed Iowa State and Baylor in the Sweet 16 but still have everyone else.

2 points ...

cats climbing up trees. 5 x 5 is 25. Phuck this. There's your 2 points right there.

ShawshankRedempt_152Pyxurz.jpg

This post was edited on 3/21 1:24 PM by Warison

26-6

It was hard to find upsets and I trusted the f'n Boilermakers. "Those 8-9 matchups are hard to pick."

I missed on Buffalo, but they were the best bet for a 12 to beat a 5, which always happens, except for this year.

I wanted to pick Georgia State as an upset, but Harrow went down with an injury - and they screwed me and won anyway!

I listened to Ernie Johnson and took Eastern Washington - looking for upsets.

I thought Larry Brown could overcome their problems against a UCLA that needs players.

And I had watched UAB 3 times - against Western and in the CUSA final. I just didn't think they could beat Iowa State. (And they wouldn't have if Hoiberg had watched the game. Jameel McKay was have a "in the zone" game. He was 4-8, 12 rebs, 6 blocks. They wouldn't get him the ball. They pounded it to Niang who went 4-15 and was guarded by 7 guys when he got the ball.)

Still one of my better 1st round pick sheet years.

27 here too, but the best part is, favorites won 27 out of 32

We all feel so smart when we hit the upsets, but most of us make more mistakes than it's worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT