ADVERTISEMENT

There are a lot of Purdue fans on this forum

Where’s the video of our player getting hurt because of the field?

I only wish there was a video of the old-timer with a cane who while standing along the sideline, stuck it out, tripping a Purdue defensive back who had recovered a fumble and was scampering down the field towards a TD. Happened back before WWI, I believe.... True story though.

McHoop

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Watch the replay of p u's #25 getting injured (like I have multiple times) and you'll see how his injury occurred (completely field surface related/non-contact)...

As usual Ord 5 billion.0..., you're totally full of it...

By the way..., your gold and black slip is showing... Oops..., and here you've told us for decades you were an INDIANA fan...🙄
Dude stuck his foot in the turf, then tried to change direction and spun while the foot stayed put. Might have been the only solid spot on the field.

The Nebraska kid had a non contact ankle injury, so I'm not sure how it could be anything other than twisting his ankle in the pasture.

Reactions: 76-1
I only wish there was a video of the old-timer with a cane who while standing along the sideline, stuck it out, tripping a Purdue defensive back who had recovered a fumble and was scampering down the field towards a TD. Happened back before WWI, I believe.... True story though.

McHoop
Was at the game in the late 70’s when Mike Harkrader got thrown into the chain link fence that surrounded the field. Believe he broke both legs in that game.

Dude stuck his foot in the turf, then tried to change direction and spun while the foot stayed put. Might have been the only solid spot on the field.

The Nebraska kid had a non contact ankle injury, so I'm not sure how it could be anything other than twisting his ankle in the pasture.
So, you’re guessing. I think the issue was 76 didn’t see anything and just made it up.

Another great Harkrader bucket memory from IUDanapoint
You probably weren’t aware IU existed then, but many people know all about this story, including those of us who actually attended IU (unlike you). Aren’t you the guy who has a rep for googling IU stuff, then getting called out on it? Thanks For showing everyone what a stalker you are. Rent free. And desperate for a cure to your chronic pretendinitis. Still not able to hit ignore, huh? Lol

You probably weren’t aware IU existed then, but many people know all about this story, including those of us who actually attended IU (unlike you). Aren’t you the guy who has a rep for googling IU stuff, then getting called out on it? Thanks For showing everyone what a stalker you are. Rent free. And desperate for a cure to your chronic pretendinitis. Still not able to hit ignore, huh? Lol

Odd.

Why would you get so enraged over a couple of other Bucket memories being posted during bucket week?

Really strange.

Odd.

Why would you get so enraged over a couple of other Bucket memories being posted during bucket week?

Really strange.
Enraged? Because I caught you stalking me, because you refuse to keep your promise to put me on ignore, or because you mention me (who you think I am) in every post you make? None of the above, since I actually find all of them amusing, as they confirm how far into your head I am. Do you dream of me at night, too? How far does your obsession go? Are you always this easily intimidated? And thanks for finally admitting you’re not an IU alum. Not knowing about things like Hark’s heroics at Purdue confirm your outsider status. Weird and really strange that you kept perpetuating that. Another symptom of your pretendinitis? Lol. Get well soon.

So, you’re guessing. I think the issue was 76 didn’t see anything and just made it up.
Guessing about what? The pregame injury? If that's what you're talking about, then yes it's a guess.

If it's the injury to #35 in the game, then it's not a guess. Guy's foot was stuck in the turf and his body twisted as he tried to change direction while falling.

Guessing about what? The pregame injury? If that's what you're talking about, then yes it's a guess.

If it's the injury to #35 in the game, then it's not a guess. Guy's foot was stuck in the turf and his body twisted as he tried to change direction while falling.
And you know the field was the cause of his injury? Ever play football? Ever play on AT? Know the difference in how a foot slips on grass versus AT?

Well..., as much as I hate to say it my p u two man fan club were actually right (for once)👍 and I was wrong (about the player involved Not their dangerously divot spaced every 16 inches inches piece of crap playing surface)...

Upon Further Review: I was watching #25 and thought he was the injured player (misread the correct guys number when he was sitting on the cart)...., ***none of which changes the fact that both he and a Nebraska player (during warmups no less) had the rest of their seasons and possibly even their entire careers cut short by that garbage p u field...

They can deny that that crap field isn't dangerous at the peril of their own p u players..., they're the ones who have to deal with it most...🙄

Last edited:
Enraged? Because I caught you stalking me, because you refuse to keep your promise to put me on ignore, or because you mention me (who you think I am) in every post you make? None of the above, since I actually find all of them amusing, as they confirm how far into your head I am. Do you dream of me at night, too? How far does your obsession go? Are you always this easily intimidated? And thanks for finally admitting you’re not an IU alum. Not knowing about things like Hark’s heroics at Purdue confirm your outsider status. Weird and really strange that you kept perpetuating that. Another symptom of your pretendinitis? Lol. Get well soon.

1.018, 1,019, 1020, 1,021 responses since you swore never again.

"Stalking you" wuuuut? All I did was post some older poster's memories of the bucket game. What is the problemo with that? Huh? Something you need to get off that sunken chest of yours?

Oh, and since you opened you big mouth yet again... if you ever want to wager about my status as an alum (x2), multi-sport ticket holder, VC member, former IUF student member and current donor...you let me know Ace.

Still odd that you got so upset about a couple of bucket week memories from "others", Maybe because the team doing so well has you upset? That must be it Ace.

Condolences:D

Last edited:
And you know the field was the cause of his injury? Ever play football? Ever play on AT? Know the difference in how a foot slips on grass versus AT?
Read what I wrote. I said the kid's foot got stuck in the turf while he torqued his body the other way. What's so difficult to understand? It happens when the foot is solidly planted and there's no give, whether grass or AT. It happens on fields all over the country.

Last edited:
1.018, 1,019, 1020, 1,021 responses since you swore never again.

"Stalking you" wuuuut? All I did was post some older poster's memories of the bucket game. What is the problemo with that? Huh? Something you need to get off that sunken chest of yours?

Oh, and since you opened you big mouth yet again... if you ever want to wager about my status as an alum (x2), multi-sport ticket holder, VC member, former IUF student member and current donor...you let me know Ace.

Still odd that you got so upset about a couple of bucket week memories from "others", Maybe because the team doing so well has you upset? That must be it Ace.

Condolences:D
Your stalking of me continues. As I stated, I’m amused, not upset, since all of this is directly a result of how far in your head I am. And you’re no alum. No alum would be as ignorant of so many IU things as you’ve shown you are. Pretendinitis has you in its grips. Bit what about that promise you made? Why can’t you bring yourself to honor it, let alone invoke my supposed name in every post you make? C’mon, have a little courage and do the right thing. Oh, and leave this place to those of us who can actually talk IU basketball. You don’t belong here.

Read what I wrote. I said the kid's foot got stuck in the turf while he torqued his body the other way. What's so difficult to understand? It happens when the foot is solidly in planted and there's no give, whether grass or AT. It happens on fields all over the country.
Exactly, which makes it nonsensical for anyone to place blame on the field. It was a football injury that could happen anywhere.

Exactly, which makes it nonsensical for anyone to place blame on the field. It was a football injury that could happen anywhere.
I really want to see statistical data of injuries on grass fields vs non grass fields. No one can ever provide it though.

Quit quoting me on it like I said the poor field conditions caused the injury then. I made your point for you. You come across like a butthurt purdue fan more often than you do a critical IU fan.

Quit quoting me on it like I said the poor field conditions caused the injury then. I made your point for you. You come across like a butthurt purdue fan more often than you do a critical IU fan.
No problem. When you said “Dude stuck his foot in the turf, then tried to change direction and spun while the foot stayed put. Might have been the only solid spot on the field“, it was obvious you were trying link his injury to the field. Okay if you want to push away from that now.

No problem. When you said “Dude stuck his foot in the turf, then tried to change direction and spun while the foot stayed put. Might have been the only solid spot on the field“, it was obvious you were trying link his injury to the field. Okay if you want to push away from that now.
Me cracking on field by saying it was the only solid spot doesn't equal the field caused it.

See my "butthurt" comment above. You're exhausting.

Me cracking on field by saying it was the only solid spot doesn't equal the field caused it.

See my "butthurt" comment above. You're exhausting.
Uh, you were responding to comments alleging the field caused the injuries. I’ll type slower for you next time. Talk about exhausting . .

Uh, you were responding to comments alleging the field caused the injuries. I’ll type slower for you next time. Talk about exhausting . .
Context. I'm telling him how it happened. Anyone reading it who understands how those things work, can see that I was saying "shit happens". I then cracked on the field saying that may have been the only solid spot on the whole thing.

You sure are defensive about this for a guy who claims to be an IU fan and not a known purdue guy using an alias. I'm just gonna add you to the ignore list with the rest of the purdue dudes who are annoying.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Context. I'm telling him how it happened. Anyone reading it who understands how those things work, can see that I was saying "shit happens". I then cracked on the field saying that may have been the only solid spot on the whole thing.

You sure are defensive about this for a guy who claims to be an IU fan and not a known purdue guy using an alias. I'm just gonna add you to the ignore list with the rest of the purdue dudes who are annoying.
Good call.

Enjoy that epic choke-job tonight, PUkes? Lol.
Didn't watch. Busy with work. That's going to be the nature of this team this year unfortunately. Be better once ivy is back and hunter gets a few games under him, but this team is all about the future, not the present.

No. To win some they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't. They are all about the next couple years. Need to get hunter healthy and ivy back. This team will be middle of the pack once everyone is healthy and gets games under their belt.

All about the next couple years?? Rebuilding again during year 15 of the Pork Chop tenure??

All about the next couple years?? Rebuilding again during year 15 of the Pork Chop tenure??
Ebs and flows are pretty normal for most college basketball teams. No matter how high or low. Id make the argument Purdue is 5-0 if they are healthy.

Ebs and flows are pretty normal for most college basketball teams. No matter how high or low. Id make the argument Purdue is 5-0 if they are healthy.
IU just beat Stanford without Durham and Brunk. broilees laughingly blew a 22 point lead to lose to rebuilding and depleted Miami (U had only 8 scholarship players available) and the Fightin' PorkChops were only without 4th guard freshman Ivey. 5-0 is just stupid. broilees beat Liberty, Oakland and eked by Valpo. Clemson owned pu. What are you injecting to believe broilees should be 5-0? LOL

IU just beat Stanford without Durham and Brunk. broilees laughingly blew a 22 point lead to lose to rebuilding and depleted Miami (U had only 8 scholarship players available) and the Fightin' PorkChops were only without 4th guard freshman Ivey. 5-0 is just stupid. broilees beat Liberty, Oakland and eked by Valpo. Clemson owned pu. What are you injecting to believe broilees should be 5-0? LOL
Hahaha 4th guard ivy. That's funny. Not sure why I'm giving you the time of day. It was hunters first game back. He was rusty. Ivy is purdues best scoring guard. Newman, who was in foul trouble, is probably tied with hunter as #2.

Also, your math doesn't check out. 9 point win is eking by, but an 11 point loss is getting owned? Seems like an interesting choice of numbers. Hate to guess what you consider a 20 point loss.

This board has such negativity (see below) from many posters. I keep trying to enjoy this board, but yikes, such negativity with no insight.
I just block the dumb fuks. Makes it much more bearable. Plenty on the edge that may also go the way of the black list, but it’s much nicer when the trolls just get ignored.

You are mature. Huh. Not looking for validation. Simply talking big ten hoops and football. Dont like it? Don't read it. You aren't required to.
Don’t like it? Don’t post here. You aren’t required to. And it’s obvious you’re looking for validation with your attempts to convince everyone your Boilers should be 5-0 lol...

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Don’t like it? Don’t post here. You aren’t required to. And it’s obvious you’re looking for validation with your attempts to convince everyone your Boilers should be 5-0 lol...
Not looking for anything. Insults you went and deleted out were annoying. You should be better than that, but is what it is I guess. I'm simply discussing college basketball. I don't need validation from iu on anything. I know what Purdue is. And you won't agree with me because your biases won't allow you and you haven't figured out how to look at sports objectively and put bias aside. Is what it is. Doesn't mean I can't discuss with other big ten fans as a fan of the big ten as a whole. Have a good day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT