ADVERTISEMENT

The Stevens information I was asked not to share

Uhhh, I think you got it mixed around: this guy IS the angry and butt-hurt PU fan. Troll, with another capital T.

Excactly. The post title cracks me up.... asked not to share supposedly confidential, critical information and immediately runs to a fan forum, signs up and posts. I want this guy on my corporate team. He definitely is trustworthy....

Any yet some lap this tripe up....

Stevens may or may not come but this post is a bunch of crap.

McHoop

Excactly. The post title cracks me up.... asked not to share supposedly confidential, critical information and immediately runs to a fan forum, signs up and posts. I want this guy on my corporate team. He definitely is trustworthy....

McHoop

For me the most suspect part is that the friend that convinced him to share this information could have easily posted it himself. Poster clearly got too invested in creating a back story in covering for posting with a new account.

My point exactly. Tracy is from Cleveland—no family in Indiana. Brad’s mom is in Florida. His dad is part time in Indiana. When family in Indiana is mentioned as a big draw it’s natural to question the information.
Stevens said the other day, talking about the IU job in a press conference, that his dad was still in Indiana. I’m going to believe Brad Stevens over you.

McHoop
The title (headline) was the best part. I'm a sucker for that clickbait stuff.

"She was a 90s 'it' girl, but life didn't turn out the way she planned. You won't believe picture #4"

I haven’t changed underwear since retiring over 11 years ago but it’s not as bad as it sounds-I quit wearing them at the same time, figuring I had earned the right.

I don’t know what to think anymore about this Stevens rumor. It frightens me, the thought...like it’s an evil force out there, not one of us, but perhaps someone disguised as one of us, who is setting us up for the big “no Stevens” letdown once again. It’s cruel and it’s mean-it comes with The Curse of which we all know what I’m talking about. We’ll see, won’t we! The person who initiated this post might be one of the Purdue clowns messing with out psyches. Remember, it’s happened before.
I think this likely. If we are set up to think Stevens then anyone else comes in as a disappointment.

Good evening. I’m new to the forums and had to set up an account at the urging of a friend just to share this so please forgive me. I know my established credibility is zero as of now but hear me out and wait the requisite amount of time for this to come to fruition and I think you’ll appreciate this information. I was asked not to share but this is an anonymous board and it’s too important not to share with Hoosier Nation.

I have deep basketball connections in south central Indiana. As it has been told to me, Brad Stevens has been formally offered in the $8 million/year range and this is being funded by private donors. I know, nothing new here. The news here is that Stevens has notified Ainge of his interest and has, in fact, met with IU brass in person in the past week in a clandestine fashion. Ainge is encouraging Stevens to stay but also understands the big business of basketball. Stevens is rumored to being very close to accepting an offer in kind but will not abandon his team until the season is over, which leaves Indiana in a bit of a pickle until late May/June. The prevailing thought here is that Stevens will accept the Indiana job within the week and notify the Celtics and his team and commit to continue to coach them....*unless* they let him walk, which is very possible, even likely. Think Bill Freider/Steve Fisher for Michigan back in the day. Assuming the Celts let him go, this opens up Stevens to Indiana almost immediately and Stevens gets to start his dream job and the mighty rebuild of the Indiana program post haste. The $$$ and the poor performance this year and Stevens’ desire to be closer to his family (dad) in Indiana are the reasons this is happening, I’ve been told.

Thanks for listening. I’m 95% sure it goes down like this. It’s not if but when.
Not to mention Stevens was spotted at a Burger King in Bloomington having Breakfast with Elvis.

Reactions: 76-1
Stevens said the other day, talking about the IU job in a press conference, that his dad was still in Indiana. I’m going to believe Brad Stevens over you.
I think the point was just a dad is not as strong a draw as if mom, brothers, sisters, inlaws, etc were there

I think I’ve discovered the OP’s true identity. Can’t say I blame him for going incognito, all things considered.

Watch it be someone not named Brad, then watch Brad get fired from the Celtics in a couple months. Then watch Juwan Howard go to the NBA and someone named Brad takes the Michigan job. That’s would be consistent with how things have gone for IU the last 20 years.
the last part- Brad to UM...don't see that ever happening, but everything else you propose is still conceivable at this point.

the last part- Brad to UM...don't see that ever happening, but everything else you propose is still conceivable at this point.
I don’t see that part happening either but it wouldn’t necessarily surprise me. Just the bball gods continuing to shit on what used to be the glory of old IU.

It's all fascinating :D, and no, I won't be butt-hurt whoever you get. On the one hand, there DOES seem to be enough internet chatter about him taking the job, and where there is smoke there is fire.

On the other hand, this is all EXACTLY the same as the Louisville board during the Brohm to Louisville saga, probably even far fewer "credible" people saying it is going to happen than there were in that case.

If you miss out on Stevens, BUT were willing to throw $7/$8 million a year at him, go after Tony Bennett. He's the best coach in the land IMO.

I don’t see that part happening either but it wouldn’t necessarily surprise me. Just the bball gods continuing to shit on what used to be the glory of old IU.
I'm with you....so tempted to get amped up over all this chatter...however, I've been in some sort of sales capacity for over 25 yrs and have learned, you don't get excited until the contracts are signed.

I haven’t changed underwear since retiring over 11 years ago but it’s not as bad as it sounds-I quit wearing them at the same time, figuring I had earned the right.

I don’t know what to think anymore about this Stevens rumor. It frightens me, the thought...like it’s an evil force out there, not one of us, but perhaps someone disguised as one of us, who is setting us up for the big “no Stevens” letdown once again. It’s cruel and it’s mean-it comes with The Curse of which we all know what I’m talking about. We’ll see, won’t we! The person who initiated this post might be one of the Purdue clowns messing with out psyches. Remember, it’s happened before.

"Might Be"...🤣

The nanny post had the lead for Best in Trolling award until this entity (don't want to offend a gender confused p u fan) posted theirs...

They ((p u fans)) are scared purdue-less that Brad might actually be coming... I'm loving it!😂🤣😍

Last edited:
Dr Stevens retired in about 2013 and they split the year IN and AZ. Brad and Tracy have a home on Wawasee. I don't think they still have the home in Zville but I could be wrong.

I hear as part of his package that he's being offered a great turnkey property @ 1001 E 17th in Bloomington. A recently renovated 330,000 square feet home, open floor plan, all the modern amenities, plenty of room for entertaining guests, restrooms, bonus rooms and a sprawling oversized lot.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and 76-1
"Might Be"...🤣

The nanny post had the lead for Best in Trolling award until this entity (don't want to offend a gender confused p u fan) posted theirs...

They are scared purdue-less that Brad might actually be coming... I'm loving it!😂🤣😍

Had a PU grad client bitch to one of our BD gals yesterday that "IU was doing all this just to steal the spotlight from the Boilies" lol

I hear as part of his package that he's being offered a great turnkey property @ 1001 E 17th in Bloomington. A recently renovated 330,000 square feet home, open floor plan, all the modern amenities, plenty of room for entertaining guests, restrooms, bonus rooms and a sprawling oversized lot.

Yes World class AV system for movie nights as well.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and 76-1
"Might Be"...🤣

They are scared purdue-less that Brad might actually be coming... I'm loving it!😂🤣😍

Hey...some middle schoolers need a nanny man.

• Haha
Speaking of Purdue. Interesting comments that Stevens made about Micah Shrewsberry. Kind of explains the surge in Purdue’s recruiting and the innovations in their offense. Penn State noticed. Watch out for transfers to PSU over the couple of yrs.

I've heard that as a bonus feature Dolson is willing to throw in a just recently discovered 22 year old stock of Coke and M&M's, a vintage film projector, And..., a cot that Bob Knight was rumored to have slept on...😉😎

I've heard that as a bonus feature Dolson is willing to throw in a just recently discovered 20+ year old stock of Coke and M&M's, a vintage film projector, And..., both a cot and a chair that Bob Knight was rumored to have slept in...😉😎

All of the greem M & Ms are removed replaced by double red.

ADVERTISEMENT