ADVERTISEMENT

The sky is not falling.

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
It’s gonna be ok,this may actually be good in the long run.We were not gonna go undefeated.
It appears the players have been reading all the press clippings.
I’m sure they are embarrassed and will be ready to go in practice this week.
I’m not jumping ship,TA is a good coach.
He will get this back on track,I still think we can win 8 games this year.
Who amongst us would be disappointed with an 8-4 season just a couple years ago?
I still think we will finish September 3-1 with a win against a top ten team,I’ll take it.
Time to flush that awful performance and move on.
The sun will come up tomorrow,it’s a beautiful day in central Indiana,get out and enjoy it.

Last edited:
It’s gonna be ok,this may actually be good in the long run.We were not gonna go undefeated.
I’m sure they embarrassed and will be ready to go in practice this week.
Who amongst us would be disappointed with an 8-4 season just a couple years ago?
I still think we will finish September 3-1 with a win against a top ten team,I’ll take it.
The sun will come up tomorrow,it’s a beautiful day in central Indiana,get out and enjoy it.

This is a darn tough schedule. From the past two IU contests it's hard to be optimistic. They have not been especially competitive. I hope this gets turned around.

Penix's injury/lost time created much more rust and corrosion than anyone anticipated. In plain English, Michael Penix wasn't ready to play the Iowa Hawkeyes. Couple that with lousy oline play, we got what we got.

I still like the bigger picture of where we are and where we are going. Donovan McCulley is a top 100 QB in the wings. The Texas QB coming in next year looks like a suped up Peyton Ramsey. The defense has playmakers at key positions and the field goal kicker is absolutely top shelf.

Allen may need to retool some of his offensive staff, remains to be seen. I'm hoping that Penix can shine against Idaho and be legit for a monster Cincinnati match-up.

Penix's injury/lost time created much more rust and corrosion than anyone anticipated. In plain English, Michael Penix wasn't ready to play the Iowa Hawkeyes. Couple that with lousy oline play, we got what we got.

I still like the bigger picture of where we are and where we are going. Donovan McCulley is a top 100 QB in the wings. The Texas QB coming in next year looks like a suped up Peyton Ramsey. The defense has playmakers at key positions and the field goal kicker is absolutely top shelf.

Allen may need to retool some of his offensive staff, remains to be seen. I'm hoping that Penix can shine against Idaho and be legit for a monster Cincinnati match-up.
Penix cannot continue to play as if his ACL is going to rupture at any moment. Throwing constantly off the back foot with terrible mechanics. The pass he missed to Hendershot wide open in the end zone and sailed the ball 5 feet over his head is indicative of a QB with way too much noise going on between the ears. Carr is pretty pedestrian at RB and likely a #2 or #3 on most team depth charts. Doesn’t help that out OL is a bunch of slow oafs but Hiller will be job hunting if this continues. This has gone on way too long.

OLine play continues to be an issue and our seeming inability to address it is a serious problem. We will struggle to win against decent to good competition being one dimensional on offense.

Penix cannot continue to play as if his ACL is going to rupture at any moment. Throwing constantly off the back foot with terrible mechanics. The pass he missed to Hendershot wide open in the end zone and sailed the ball 5 feet over his head is indicative of a QB with way too much noise going on between the ears. Carr is pretty pedestrian at RB and likely a #2 or #3 on most team depth charts. Doesn’t help that out OL is a bunch of slow oafs but Hiller will be job hunting if this continues. This has gone on way too long.
Penix needs to get it together against Idaho. There's two four star QBs behind him that can play. My opinion is that McCulley will be a tremendous QB. He's big, tough, and athletic.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ok. sure

I believe this team will respond. Everyone falls down...at some point in life or in sport...we're not defined by falling down...we're defined by how we "get up"...how we respond to adversity.

TA, his coaches and the kids have an opportunity to respond to this...everything I've seen makes me believe they will.

It's right in front of us ..Penix isn't going to cut it..Consitantly throwing 100 mile fast balls when he doesn't need to..Throws off his back consistantly too...Coaches better figure out plan B because I give Penix a quarter to show me real progress..Or he sits if I'm CTA..

Until Penix fixes the mechanics, he shouldn't play. He constantly either throws off his back foot or slides his right planting foot out to the right. It is so obvious watching it and was last year also. That it hasn't been fixed means it is either a coaching problem or a head problem for Penix, either way it is a long standing problem that hasn't been addressed effectively. Who, technically is the quarterback coach? Why Sheridan of course. The play calling was terrible against Ole Miss last year, who called the plays? Nick Sheridan. Who is supposed to get the offense ready to play each and give them a game plan they can execute well? Nick Sheridan again. TA rarely is critical in public, but he could barely help himself yesterday post game when referring to how disappointed he was in the offense. I knew a guy like that once, never yelled or expressed anger, but watch out for the disappointment. That was the kis of death. hard to come back from. If Sheridan doesn't step it up, TA will make changes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT