ADVERTISEMENT

The Refs are little suspect tonight

They were in the bonus six minutes longer than the Hoosiers..
Some terrible bump calls..
Small bumps coming across the lane. Aren't fouls ! .Like in Football you can call a hold every play..They just don't...Well you could call that everytime in basketball. Bumps across the lane.

Reactions: BGunn
They were in the bonus six minutes longer than the Hoosiers..
Some terrible bump calls..
Small bumps coming across the lane. Aren't fouls ! .Like in Football you can call a hold every play..They just don't...Well you could call that everytime in basketball. Bumps across the lane.
Free Throws
- Wiscy: 16 - 20
- IU: 5 - 8
Ball game.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I didn't see anything more from an officiating standpoint than you would normally expect on the road. Sure they got a couple more calls. IU gets a couple at home as well.

IU started slow again but hung in and saw some progress from a couple of players we need in the future. Wisky got hot in 2 OT and it was over. Given IU was short-handed it could have been worse.

But it is an L none the less.

Madison was the Covid host monkey in football, let's hope IU comes away from that place healthy.

Free Throws
- Wiscy: 16 - 20
- IU: 5 - 8
Ball game.

I didn't get to watch, but checking the box score the following stood out to me as possible "problem" areas: OK on TOs, (12 I think) but AD had 4. FT's as mentioned, but only shooting 8. Galloway: 0 pts. And the biggest to me: 2 offensive rebounds. Rebounding has/will be a challenge for this group, but we have to have more than 2. That coupled with 8 FTs makes me question if we were aggressive enough on the offensive end.

There was a lot of good tonight, to rebound from another slow start and compete the way we did, get contributions from Leal and Hunter, but I've had my fill of moral victories over the last many years. W's are what count and we have to find a way to close out these games and win them.

Had two chances to win at end. Couldn't execute. This is on us. I'm actually encouraged. Leal started to look like he belongs. We had two starters/high minute guys out (Brunk, Franklin) I like the fight in the team. Still can't shoot when we need it. If Wisky is the number 8 team in the US we are not far behind. Neutral court game might be fun.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Jg48 and chaboom
I think you generally get a few more calls at home. I was shocked though on how much IU reaches on defense. I saw many no calls on both sides. This is not a dig on IU as I like your players. It is just an observation. It appears that your guys are long armed and have a tendency to use that length a lot. I saw a phantom call on Trice when he took a shot on the baseline. The B1G network is not big on showing replays it seems so I couldn't see if he was actually touched! Lots of inconsistency on calls it seems this year. All in all I think IU will do some damage this year. Still early, Best of luck to the Hoosiers the rest of the way.

I didn't get to watch, but checking the box score the following stood out to me as possible "problem" areas: OK on TOs, (12 I think) but AD had 4. FT's as mentioned, but only shooting 8. Galloway: 0 pts. And the biggest to me: 2 offensive rebounds. Rebounding has/will be a challenge for this group, but we have to have more than 2. That coupled with 8 FTs makes me question if we were aggressive enough on the offensive end.

There was a lot of good tonight, to rebound from another slow start and compete the way we did, get contributions from Leal and Hunter, but I've had my fill of moral victories over the last many years. W's are what count and we have to find a way to close out these games and win them.

Agree with this, but I do count last night as a moral victory.

Leal & Hunter played their best games ever, AD played one of his best, and Rob was at least engaged. We were more focused and playing with more enjoyment than any single half I can recall under Archie,

We would have won by 8 or so but for the screwing by the refs. Which is something I can at least understand, if not except, when there are 15000 fans; pretty tough to accept when the place is empty..

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Key play of the game was when we were up 56-50 with about 5 minutes to go, we have a 5 on 4 player advantage and RP jogs the damn ball up the court, let's Wisconsins D to get set, we come up empty, and Wiscy goes on a 7-0 run.

So because of RPs lackidaisical effort on that sequence, we went from playing 5 on 8 to playing 4 on 9.

Key play of the game was when we were up 56-50 with about 5 minutes to go, we have a 5 on 4 player advantage and RP jogs the damn ball up the court, let's Wisconsins D to get set, we come up empty, and Wiscy goes on a 7-0 run.

So because of RPs lackidaisical effort on that sequence, we went from playing 5 on 8 to playing 4 on 9.
I see what you did there with the numbers....well done

Reactions: BigMobe

I recall us turning the ball over on three consecutive possessions. I think one was a bad pass out of bounds. Another was a charge. Can’t recall the other one. But I do believe we had three consecutive turnovers in that stretch. Yet we still had a great look to win it in regulation. Hopefully one of these days that shot drops for TJD. Cannot recall the game(s), but TJD has had other opportunities to hit the winner at point blank and has missed. He is due!

Edit: Here is the sequence after going up 56-50
Wiscy fouled at 5:25. Hits 1 of 2. Score 56-51

Next possession. Turnover TJD pass to JH

Wiscy transition bucket off turnover. 56 - 53.

IU Possession: Turnover Leal to Hunter. 4:48

Wiscy: Missed Shot

Next IU possession: TJD misses badly at point blank. 4:18 on game clock

Next wiscy possession, Foul on RP. 3:56 left. Hits both attempts. 56-55

Next IU possession: Shot clock violation with 3:25 left.

Last edited:
I recall us turning the ball over on three consecutive possessions. I think one was a bad pass out of bounds. Another was a charge. Can’t recall the other one. But I do believe we had three consecutive turnovers in that stretch. Yet we still had a great look to win it in regulation. Hopefully one of these days that shot drops for TJD. Cannot recall the game(s), but TJD has had other opportunities to hit the winner at point blank and has missed. He is due!

Edit: Here is the sequence after going up 56-50
Wiscy fouled at 5:25. Hits 1 of 2. Score 56-51

Next possession. Turnover TJD pass to JH

Wiscy transition bucket off turnover. 56 - 53.

IU Possession: Turnover Leal to Hunter. 4:48

Wiscy: Missed Shot

Next IU possession: TJD misses badly at point blank. 4:18 on game clock

Next wiscy possession, Foul on RP. 3:56 left. Hits both attempts. 56-55

Next IU possession: Shot clock violation with 3:25 left.

The TO off the attempted TJD pass was huge.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT