ADVERTISEMENT

The Real State of the Program

Who asked you to referee?

Pettiness, IMO, his response was petty.

Damn, has the IQ or reading comprehension dropped around here? I did not once say who could be a fan and who could not. Please cut and paste where I did.

I actually said the EXACT opposite. Good grief, words matter.
Maybe this will jog your memory. I said "Second, anyone can be a fan of any school". I really don't know how much clearer I could make it.
Right. He can be half a fan while your IU diploma makes you a full fan.

Right. He can be half a fan while your IU diploma makes you a full fan.

Once again, not what I said in ANY way. If you disagree then cut and paste where I said what you and he claim. You can't because I didn't say it.

I made a one line statement and he took that statement and through speculation went on a rant. I countered his argument and now you come in evidently using the same ill founded thought process.

So, put up or shut up.

Once again, not what I said in ANY way. If you disagree then cut and paste where I said what you and he claim. You can't because I didn't say it.

I made a one line statement and he took that statement and through speculation went on a rant. I countered his argument and now you come in evidently using the same ill founded thought process.

So, put up or shut up.
The interpretations of your comments were reasonable. You are petty and arrogant. Here are some excerpts.

fkfootball: "Not everyone needs to attend Indiana University."
Al Bino: "Well, that explains a lot."

cd_hoosiers: "You don't get to decide who can be a fan."
Al Bino: You agreed with him, then added "... ESPECIALLY when he didn't graduate from IU."
Al Bino: "First, I didn't say ANYTHING about who can be a fan and who can not."
Al Bino: "I am invested beyond just the winning."

cdhoosiers: "Following this full thread and you did talk down to the non-IU grad. And you do it here as well."
cdhoosiers: "For you to insinuate that non-grads have less skin in the game is just plain wrong."
cd_hoosiers: "... or do you want to divide our fan base into grads and non-grads?"
Al Bino: "I am puzzled how I "talked down" in this or any other post."
Al Bino: "... but IMO, a grad has more skin in the game."

Crazy8: "You should have more important things to worry about. Be a good sport and quit bickering with one of your own." I also incorrectly suggested that you were saying he couldn't be a fan.
Al Bino: "Pettiness, IMO, his response was petty." Then you clarified that he can be a fan by saying "I said "Second, anyone can be a fan of any school."

Crazy8: "He can be half a fan while your IU diploma makes you a full fan."
Al Bino: "Once again, not what I said in ANY way. "

The interpretations of your comments were reasonable. You are petty and arrogant. Here are some excerpts.

fkfootball: "Not everyone needs to attend Indiana University."
Al Bino: "Well, that explains a lot."

cd_hoosiers: "You don't get to decide who can be a fan."
Al Bino: You agreed with him, then added "... ESPECIALLY when he didn't graduate from IU."
Al Bino: "First, I didn't say ANYTHING about who can be a fan and who can not."
Al Bino: "I am invested beyond just the winning."

cdhoosiers: "Following this full thread and you did talk down to the non-IU grad. And you do it here as well."
cdhoosiers: "For you to insinuate that non-grads have less skin in the game is just plain wrong."
cd_hoosiers: "... or do you want to divide our fan base into grads and non-grads?"
Al Bino: "I am puzzled how I "talked down" in this or any other post."
Al Bino: "... but IMO, a grad has more skin in the game."

Crazy8: "You should have more important things to worry about. Be a good sport and quit bickering with one of your own." I also incorrectly suggested that you were saying he couldn't be a fan.
Al Bino: "Pettiness, IMO, his response was petty." Then you clarified that he can be a fan by saying "I said "Second, anyone can be a fan of any school."

Crazy8: "He can be half a fan while your IU diploma makes you a full fan."
Al Bino: "Once again, not what I said in ANY way. "

You are entitled to your opinion as am I.

There is no reason to continue this conversation. You have made up your mind, judged me and pronounced sentence. Nothing I say will change it. Nothing you say will change my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy8
"Pedigree Syndrome" exists on pretty much every site.....I've been an IU fan for about 55 years.....started out listening to games on the radio with "Gimme Emge" commercials every other time out. Now, my daughter is graduating from Purdue in May....and I couldn't be more proud of her.

And to get something else off my chest, All the talk on this site about the ugly girls from Purdue doesn't apply to my daughter...she stacks up to any IU co-ed I have seen. IU didn't work out.....so she has a different pedigree.

I'd say I've paid quite a bit in state taxes over the decades...and some of that went to both IU and Purdue. So.....if in a small way....I've got some skin in the game too.

"Pedigree Syndrome" exists on pretty much every site.....I've been an IU fan for about 55 years.....started out listening to games on the radio with "Gimme Emge" commercials every other time out. Now, my daughter is graduating from Purdue in May....and I couldn't be more proud of her.

And to get something else off my chest, All the talk on this site about the ugly girls from Purdue doesn't apply to my daughter...she stacks up to any IU co-ed I have seen. IU didn't work out.....so she has a different pedigree.

I'd say I've paid quite a bit in state taxes over the decades...and some of that went to both IU and Purdue. So.....if in a small way....I've got some skin in the game too.

The ugly girl thing is just a way to jab PU people. I would be surprised if anyone actually believed it. As an aside, when I visited UM in the 70's, I saw NO good looking women and even among students it was joked that parents didn't send their good looking daughters to UM. So it is just not PU that is singled out.

The responses to my original post is IMO, much ado about nothing and I really should not have invested the time that I did to respond. I regret it. I was referring to fair weather fans and reversible jacket fans that only became IU fans because of RMK's success. That is the example that I gave. I had several friends that went to PU but rooted for IU. Why? I would postulate that it had to do with success. I also know that since RMK's dismissal and PU success lately that a couple of those "fans" have returned to their alma mater. Even if those people switched allegiance, myself, being an alumnus, I would never consider going anywhere and I would imagine many of the fans that did not attend IU feel the same way but I also believe that my connection to IU is strengthened by my time there.

The “ugly girls, ugly campus” nonsense comes from people who likely attended neither school nor have any significant insight into their individual characteristics. When smart people see those comments, they easily dismiss the person who made them.

The “ugly girls, ugly campus” nonsense comes from people who likely attended neither school nor have any significant insight into their individual characteristics. When smart people see those comments, they easily dismiss the person who made them.
point well made.....but I've been reading that crap for the four years my daughter has been at Purdue....I wanted to get that off my chest before her graduation.

point well made.....but I've been reading that crap for the four years my daughter has been at Purdue....I wanted to get that off my chest before her graduation.
Yep. It’s low hanging fruit for the simpletons, most of whom have never seen the inside of a college classroom.

Yep. It’s low hanging fruit for the simpletons, most of whom have never seen the inside of a college classroom.

I went to IU 4 years.

Later my wife did a residency at PU for 3 years 2011-2014. We had a place up there. I spent a lot of time in W Laf.

There are hot girls, sure. But IU has way more.

Reactions: Birnk403
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT