ADVERTISEMENT

The race for mediocrity just got tighter!

Satchmore

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Gloriana appears set to tie the race for 7th as Nova looks like they'll cose out DePaul. And I got an unexpected (to my thinking) win with Dayton over Charlotte.

Rum is also losing with Ball St to E.Mich as I post.

Could be a tough day for HB as Rice is trailing UTEP by 3. But there's a long way to go in that game.

UTEP was a major disappointment

They started off pretty promising but started losing some bad games in February. They never got back what they lost. They were up 60-49 when I first checked this game.

Peegs told me he didn't like UTEP

He also told me he didn't like SMU. If it makes you feel any better I only got 3 wins from 6th round SMU, while you got 6 wins from 8th round UTEP in CUSA.

For that late in the draft, at least picking UTEP made sense.

What's weird is that I don't think Rice is better than Marshall, UTEP or SMU. But they got a star, Almond, so he must be the reason why they win so many close games.

Just started thinking more about what killed me. You can't have 3 teams only get a combined total of 13 wins, but that's exactly what I got from SMU, S.Car and Wi-Mil. That's pretty much the story year for me every year. You can carry one bad team, but I always seem to have 2 or 3 extra. And my a-l (Nw St) being well below average didn't help this year.

I need to get at least 20 wins from by bottom 3 standard league teams to be competitive. Guess I would have had that if I'd stuck to my guns and drafted Wright instead of Wi-Mil. But I still would have been short of the leaders because my a-l was so short of the mark.

What does he know?

It's not like he follows basketball for a living or anything.

Looks like Tulane would have been a better CUSA pick. I had a hard time going with any team from New Orleans given what that city's gone through, however.

I got two wins from Jackson St and WVU

And Richmond at least made a game of it before losing by two on a late basket. And that means I only need one more win to get to TRIPLE DIGITS. Woo hoo!!!
This post was edited on 3/7 10:51 PM by IUTerryif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Well he did pick UAB out of CUSA

His worst pick for sure. Seems like a few of us got burned in CUSA, but no one as badly as me.

BRS sure is lucky for those later rounds. Who would have figured S.Miss to have won all those games? They've been awful the last several years, and they were predicted to be bad again.
This post was edited on 3/8 5:36 AM by Satchmoreif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Richmond ended up being not ridiculously bad

I had 1 team just as bad and 1 worse. Overall there were 11 teams that won as many or fewer than Richmond.

1. Nwstn
2. Baylor
3. N.Ill
4. Buf
5. S.Hall
6. Penn St
7. Az St
8. NC-Wil
9. SMU
10. S.Car
11. Cle St

ADVERTISEMENT