ADVERTISEMENT

The Pfizer vaccine is expected to have full FDA approval by Labor Day...

Will there be a noticeable increase in vaccinations after Labor Day (full FDA approval)?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
It seems one of the reasons for hesitancy in getting the vaccine for some was that it was 'rushed' and not fully FDA approved. Does anyone think there will be an uptick in vaccinations after Labor Day or was that just a red herring?

Does anyone think there will be an uptick in vaccinations after Labor Day or was that just a red herring?
Yes, because that (full FDA approval) is the green light many employers have been waiting for prior to implementing a vaccine mandate.

In the meantime, there's been an uptick over the last couple of weeks because of the recent Delta surge and the fact that it's now younger adults who are ending up in ICUs.

It seems one of the reasons for hesitancy in getting the vaccine for some was that it was 'rushed' and not fully FDA approved. Does anyone think there will be an uptick in vaccinations after Labor Day or was that just a red herring?
Nope.

I trust government a lot less than the medical industry, and I hate the medical system. FDA approval played zero role in my decision to get the shot.

FDA conduct will be seen through the same Trump/anti-Trump lens that 160,000,000 Americans have become addicted to and demand of others.

The number of “cases” might impact a few.

A more deadly variant developing would cause an increase.

Otherwise, Covid is a political issue, not a health issue.

I'm betting IU will mandate it once it is fda approved. Hoping my school system does the same once it is available to kids.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Yes, because that (full FDA approval) is the green light many employers have been waiting for prior to implementing a vaccine mandate.

In the meantime, there's been an uptick over the last couple of weeks because of the recent Delta surge and the fact that it's now younger adults who are ending up in ICUs.
I didn't think about that, although it seems obvious. There are already several vaccines that are mandated/required to be a functioning person in society. In the grand scheme of things, adding the fully FDA approved COVID vaccine hardly seems like any type of inconvenience.

Reactions: Bowlmania
I think there will be an increase, although I'm not sure how significant. Some people really are refusing over the issue of "full approval", but for many others, it is just "lip service". Many of those same people will likely shift gears after the FDA authorizes, and the new refrain will be "they rushed it thru" or "they were pressured".

As others have mentioned, it will result in more mandates and basically dispense with any "legal claims" based on it being "unauthorized". In many ways, it will basically give us an indication as to where legitimate vaccine hesitancy comes from and on the opposite end of the spectrum what role political expediency plays now, and will continue to play going forward...

I'd be surprised if it moves the needle in any significant way. It seems like there's an uptick now, but I assume any big upward move in total vaccinations given would be if the already jabbed are told they need a booster. I think net new vax numbers will stay on the same trajectory.

I didn't think about that, although it seems obvious. There are already several vaccines that are mandated/required to be a functioning person in society. In the grand scheme of things, adding the fully FDA approved COVID vaccine hardly seems like any type of inconvenience.
And if getting the shot is too much of an inconvenience for them, they can find a new job. But they won't because continued employment is a highly effective incentive. In organizations (mainly in the health care industry) where Covid vaccination is already a requirement, there's only been a small percentage who have refused.

I'm all for liberty, freedom and rights, and people have the right not to get vaccinated. But the unvaccinated can't be allowed to drive this train anymore. If the unvaccinated (and I'm not talking about people with vaccine allergies or legitimate health reasons for not taking it) refuse to act responsibly and get the shot, then there should be limits on where they can go and what they can do until this public health crisis is under control.

The only thing that will move the needle at this point is first hand experiences, ie death or severe illness of someone you know.

The early adopters have all gotten jabbed, now it's convincing the doubters which typically needs either a very sharp pivot in the sources they trust or personal experience.

I believe death's are coming in the south (see Scott Apley, 45 year old Texas state republican legislator who is a Trumper, freedom, anti vaxxer, anti covid, etc and Phil Valentine, Tennessee Trumper radio host who wrote a parody song Vax an a month ago, now on a ventilator and his organs are failing).

Hannity, DeSantis, McConnell and other pub leaders all sharply pivoted to pro vaccine around the same time a couple of weeks ago.

I believe that to be a very ominous sign from some internal data.

ADVERTISEMENT