ADVERTISEMENT

The People of the State of Minnesota v. Derek Chauvin

Stupid people always had voices. Social media gave them an amplifier.

Like this moron?

Screenshot-20210421-164629-Samsung-Internet.jpg

He now deleted the tweet. Note that this came after the video was provided to the public.

Honest question...Would The Cooler be considered part of the social media?
It’s a branch of the tree but because it isn’t owned and moderated by Big Tech, it’s actually fairly neutral.

Here’s another race baiter who made it onto the dais during the Democrat debates.

Shame on these people. Not a single one will get my vote.

We already know the identity of the officer who shot the girl in Columbus. . Compare that to how the media, Pelosi, snd others have protected Pelosi’s Pretorian Guard at the Capitol who shot and killed a trespasser.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
CoH, my remarks about "resources" are limited to what i know about the justice system in Indianapolis (Marion County, Indiana) and are based upon a few conversations with lawyers working for the the prosecutor and public defender office.

Public defenders are paid less and have much larger case loads than their counter parts in the prosecutor's office. Thus defendants who cannot afford to hire one of the community's talented defense attorneys have the deck stacked against them in my opinion. An opinion admittedly based on limited knowledge.
That’s true. I’m not so sure higher salaries mean better or more dedicated attorneys. In Colorado each DA is local and is constrained by local resources. The PD is a state system and resources are allocated state wide where needed. They also have a little more flexibility to move people where needed.

We already know the identity of the officer who shot the girl in Columbus. . Compare that to how the media, Pelosi, snd others have protected Pelosi’s Pretorian Guard at the Capitol who shot and killed a trespasser.
You’d be a lot more credible if you weren’t so partisan (in a weird way) on the Babbitt incident. You should be for the rule of law. She stormed the Capitol and breached a no-go zone. If that were a BLM rioter you’d be all for the shooting.

367094127.jpg

Jan-6-Antifa-Babbitt-Activities.jpg

ok, let's discuss that incident and that day.

lot's of talk about the law lately, and murder, and any contributory actions to death or hastening death being murder under the law.

and isn't anyone involved in a crime that results in a death, guilty of murder?

the storming couldn't have happened absent the mob working in correlation with each other to overpower the police.

everyone who entered the capital that day broke the law in doing so.

people died at the Jan 6 storming of the capital.

thus was everyone who entered the building not guilty of murder under the law?

and even if one doesn't want to drag everyone who entered the building into this, Babbit wasn't the one who broke that door window she tried to crawl through.

others did, and plenty more others incited her on.

clearly they were contributory to or hastened her death, and involved in the crime, so where are all the cries for all of them to be charged with murder, rather than the police officer defending the legislators and the capital?

when one defines "murder" as anything contributing to or hastening another's death, that a slippery slope.

as is charging anyone and everyone else even present with murder, who's presence was an illegal act.

so how have all the others in that hall trying to break down that door, or the glass door window, or even inciting them on, not been charged with murder?

and i'm guessing the officer in question would have a much stronger legal case than the other rioters involved in the attempt to breach that entryway.

so careful what you wish for, if wanting to go down this road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
That’s true. I’m not so sure higher salaries mean better or more dedicated attorneys. In Colorado each DA is local and is constrained by local resources. The PD is a state system and resources are allocated state wide where needed. They also have a little more flexibility to move people where needed.
According to this article, CO public defenders handle two to three times the case load they should. https://www.abajournal.com/news/art...ases-at-once-the-workload-can-be-overwhelming

That last is what's so infuriating.
I want to clarify that I do not subscribe to the “oh the cops treated those rioters differently” narrative that the simple minded prescribe. I’m specifically talking about the shooting of Babbitt which was totally justified and is the only person shot in any riot in the last trailing 12 months.

According to this article, CO public defenders handle two to three times the case load they should. https://w

According to this article, CO public defenders handle two to three times the case load they should. https://www.abajournal.com/news/art...ases-at-once-the-workload-can-be-overwhelming
for sure. in MO there's a waiting list and more than 500 defendants have had to wait more than a year to get a pd assigned. that's how underfunded the pd's office is here. totally unconstl for indigents

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
You’d be a lot more credible if you weren’t so partisan (in a weird way) on the Babbitt incident. You should be for the rule of law. She stormed the Capitol and breached a no-go zone. If that were a BLM rioter you’d be all for the shooting.
in all local government shootings we know who the shooter is and in cases where the shooter was cleared, it’s often by a grand jury or an accountable and elected DA. In all cases it’s mostly a public and transparent process. In the case of the capitol shooting we don’t know jack shit. Not the name of the officer. Not why his use of deadly force was deemed necessary. And not the name of the unaccountable individual who cleared the cop. Pelosi seems to think Capitol security is her domain and Capitol cops are her personal security force. We already know what a circus she made of officer Sicknick’s death. Yes, I agree the Capitol riot was a terrible thing. But the Democrats and Pelosi outdid it at every turn. Babbitt‘s death and the aftermath is the strangest cop shooting in many different ways In a long while.

Last edited:
in all local government shootings we know who the shooter is and in cases where the shooter was cleared, it’s often by a grand jury or an accountable and elected DA. In all cases it’s mostly a public and transparent process. In the case of the capitol shooting we don’t know jack shit. Not the name of the officer. Not why his use of deadly force was deemed necessary. And not the name of the unaccountable individual who cleared the cop. Pelosi seems to think Capitol security is her domain and Capitol cops are her personal security force. We already know what a circus she made of officer Sicknick’s death. Yes, I agree the Capitol riot was a terrible thing. But the Democrats and Pelosi outdid it at every turn. Babbitt‘s death and the aftermath is the strangest cop shooting in many different ways In a long while.
The silence around the Cap police officer’s identity is a tribute to their brotherhood. Nobody is leaking anything to allow procedure to follow. They’re an elite police force.

Not mentioned by the "good" Senator, the girl who was shot appeared to be a second away from stabbing another black female after having just assaulted a third female as the cops were arriving. People were out in the streets protesting this one as well.

In closing—I agree with John Hinderaker on all counts.

From my casual reading of the trial proceedings I came to the conclusion Chauvin’s defense was very weakly presented. However I wasn’t aware of Eric Nelson’s blunder on closing. No wonder the jury only took as long as it took to choose a foreperson and order lunch to reach a verdict. The defense had two key issues, cause of death and Chauvin’s state of mind. Both must have been more aggressively developed. In fact, the defense theme was a jumbled mess. Nelson was awful. Chauvin did not have effective counsel. But the verdict will never be reversed.

Importantly, I agree that this is the most consequential criminal prosecution in U.S. history. Confronting berserk individuals OD’d on drugs or alcohol is a regular and ordinary occurrence in the life of many cops. Confrontations will be more frequent as drugs become legal and acceptable. A subject being a person of color takes such incidents to a whole new place. This case will live on and on in the minds of the cops and of the public. And we have been promised that racial peace in the U.S. will be more fragile than ever.

Reactions: Bill4411
Importantly, I agree that this is the most consequential criminal prosecution in U.S. history. Confronting berserk individuals OD’d on drugs or alcohol is a regular and ordinary occurrence in the life of many cops. Confrontations will be more frequent as drugs become legal and acceptable. A subject being a person of color takes such incidents to a whole new place. This case will live on and on in the minds of the cops and of the public. And we have been promised that racial peace in the U.S. will be more fragile than ever.
It's the end of the world as we know it.

In closing—I agree with John Hinderaker on all counts.

From my casual reading of the trial proceedings I came to the conclusion Chauvin’s defense was very weakly presented. However I wasn’t aware of Eric Nelson’s blunder on closing. No wonder the jury only took as long as it took to choose a foreperson and order lunch to reach a verdict. The defense had two key issues, cause of death and Chauvin’s state of mind. Both must have been more aggressively developed. In fact, the defense theme was a jumbled mess. Nelson was awful. Chauvin did not have effective counsel. But the verdict will never be reversed.

I think he is completely wrong on fentanyl. He says 3 is generally considered fatal. Yet a person that studied 2300 blood samples of DUI arrests testified that he found that the AVERAGE blood level for fentanyl was 9 and 1/4 had 11 or higher. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-floyd-not-enough-to-cause-death/7239448002/

Now, the fentanyl may have put him in a bad way, a way that keeping him prone for over 9 minutes would make fatal. But that hardly absolves anything.

Stupid people always had voices. Social media gave them an amplifier.
Here’s a tweet proving you correct. Imagine being this stupid. I challenge anyone on here who constantly bashes QAnon (for good reason) to explain how this is better?

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Here’s a tweet proving you correct. Imagine being this stupid. I challenge anyone on here who constantly bashes QAnon (for good reason) to explain how this is better?

Ok, she grew up in Columbia MD which (according to Wikipedia) is "consistently ranked as one of the top 10 places to live in America according to CNN Money". In 2020 it was 5th.

How many knife fights went down or was she involved in during her youth in Columbia? I suspect there must be a seedy underbelly we're just not witnessing in these suburban town/neighborhoods. Stay safe out there.

It's not "better" but it's entirely different. Defunding and abolishing the police is a terrible idea and hardly a solution for anything. It's an approach that has been emphatically rejected by the president of the United States. That's a far cry from a movement, amplified by the former president, that suggests the country is controlled by a cabal of satanic, cannabalistic pedophiles, and promotes other insane conspiracy theories.

Why is this in your feed and why are you amplifying it?
Some say amplify some say expose.

Potato Potatoe

Although to some extent I agree with your sentiment. Even liberals like myself being outraged and sharing the inanity of QAnon by definition spreads the QAnon message. Seeds don't care how they get spread.

It's not "better" but it's entirely different. Defunding and abolishing the police is a terrible idea and hardly a solution for anything. It's an approach that has been emphatically rejected by the president of the United States. That's a far cry from a movement, amplified by the former president, that suggests the country is controlled by a cabal of satanic, cannabalistic pedophiles, and promotes other insane conspiracy theories.
Except there a helluva lot more people who would tell Ms. Newsome they agree with everything she says (by virtue signaling) than would ever agree to a QAnon theory.

But I mostly agree with you.

How is this tweet (and this is far from the first one from this ridiculous account) not insane? She is literally suggesting that law enforcement shouldn't be called when there is a literal, imminent threat to the public. If this psycho wants to try Hamsterdam, I'm all for it.

Remove the police from the dangerous areas and let them focus on protecting the taxpayers that seek their involvement in the community. Let's see how well that ends.

Because people need to know who the voices are behind these seemingly righteous movements. These people, like QAnon, are essentially insane. But if you don’t select one of their false choices they will come after you.
There are QAnon supporters who are members of congress.

Every single person on here has no Earthy idea who the Hell "Bree Newsome" is, until Googling her. You posting her thoughts would be like digging up a social media post of a random Klansman and saying "look at these crazy Republican ideas"

Every single person on here has no Earthy idea who the Hell "Bree Newsome" is, until Googling her. You posting her thoughts would be like digging up a social media post of a random Klansman and saying "look at these crazy Republican ideas"
Newsome has 33% more Twitter followers than MTG. If you don’t think that’s a big deal in the youngs’ approach to consuming information you need to get with the program.

On edit: the racist, bigoted hatred that people like Tlaib exhibit is just as dangerous to the long-term survivability and flourishing of our republic than any drivel and nonsense that morons like MTG could offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who gives a damn who Bree Newsime is? Can’t you ever discuss an idea without yapping about whose idea it is? Gawd you are a pea brain. The fact is that we had a crazy person about to plunge a knife into the gut of another person and many are now expressing sympathy for the one wielding the knife. Just a year or so ago the officer would have gotten a medal for saving a life, now his life is ruined—because he is a white guy.

What else can we ruin in this country?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT