ADVERTISEMENT

The North Carolina game will not be pretty.

I bet we win it. That us our M.O. We inexplicably lose games we should not and then turn around and win ones that on paper we should probably lose (particularly when those games are in Bloomington).

We have a habit of playing to the level of the competition. So I will almost be shocked if we do not win that game. I would be more worried about Butler.

I believe this match up is good for IU. UNC would like play fast and run. IU will oblige.

UNC fan here. I seem to recall this same sentiment from IU's fanbase heading into the sweet sixteen game last year. Running with UNC is not a good play, no matter how good you think your team is at it. Having said that, I think this will be a great game and Im worried since you all are coming off a dissapointing loss and are at home.

UNC fan here. I seem to recall this same sentiment from IU's fanbase heading into the sweet sixteen game last year. Running with UNC is not a good play, no matter how good you think your team is at it. Having said that, I think this will be a great game and Im worried since you all are coming off a dissapointing loss and are at home.

I stopped reading at "UNC fan here" ....

It's at home. We'll probably win. If the NCAAT was at home every year we'd have a shot against the big boys.

Well, ummmm, UNC hitting 9 of their first 10 three's had A LOT to do with that. Not to mention IU couldnt throw it in the ocean.

Please remember that following your game with MSU last year; PU grads lost all rights to ever ever ever sob about officiating again.
I would be shocked to beat UNC. I watched them twice and they are really good and well coached. Would love to win but just don't see it. We will have to be hitting everything IMO. We need the win after last Tuesday. Hoping somehow we can get this done.

I would be shocked to beat UNC. I watched them twice and they are really good and well coached. Would love to win but just don't see it. We will have to be hitting everything IMO. We need the win after last Tuesday. Hoping somehow we can get this done.
I wouldnt be shocked...at all. This team, when playing well, is as good as anyone. We played awful Tuesday. It happens. I like this IU team. Just overlooked a decent FW team, played like shit and lost.

Go back to your own board. You're such a bitch.
Wow. Did you have a bad Thanksgiving or what? Another one responded with where's the problem with that? That poster at least acknowledges the advantage. I hope your Christmas is much better.

Wow. Did you have a bad Thanksgiving or what? Another one responded with where's the problem with that? That poster at least acknowledges the advantage. I hope your Christmas is much better.
Well, duh. You dont think Purdue gets calls(at Mackey)?

I had an amazing Thanksgiving, thanks for your concern. I deep fried two turkeys so that my two sons would have plenty left to take back to school and snack on. All that said, I still don't know why you post here.

No. Even the many dumb fans knew it was a bad idea to try and run with UNC last year. Of course Crean tried to run with UNC.

Last edited:
No. Even the many dumb fans knew it was s bad idea to try and run with UNC last year. Of course Crean tried to run with UNC.
Why was it a bad idea? Thats how IU plays. Indiana didnt lose because they ran with UNC. They lost because a 33% 3-pt shooting team(268th in NCAA), hit 9 of their first 10 three's. Including hit 7 of 8 in 1st half. They shot 11-20 from three. Or 55%. Again, from a team that ON THE SEASON was 268th in the country from three.

Running with Carolina wasnt a mistake then. And it wont be Wed. either.

Reactions: ATLHoosier
To beat UNC, we will need to hit a BUNCH of 3s. And I mean like 15-18 of them.
If IU hits 15-18 three's, they will not only win, but win big. Indiana's not that bad people. Just young. Plus, Hoosiers gonna be hard to beat in Assembly Hall.

Keys:

Turnovers: Less than 15. More than this, or even this amount, and IU will be in trouble. Especially if they are live ball turnovers.

Rebounding: Got to hold our own. UNC thrives on offensive rebounds. Gotta keep that number low.

Shooting: RUN THE OFFENSE. Take good shots. Magic number here is 10.

Defense: Lord, IDK. But one thing for sure-----Got to get back in transition.

I like this team. Think they bounce back at home.

IU 88-81

Why was it a bad idea? Thats how IU plays. Indiana didnt lose because they ran with UNC. They lost because a 33% 3-pt shooting team(268th in NCAA), hit 9 of their first 10 three's. Including hit 7 of 8 in 1st half. They shot 11-20 from three. Or 55%. Again, from a team that ON THE SEASON was 268th in the country from three.

I stand corrected. There were a handful of dumb fans that thought it was a good idea to try and run with UNC last year.

And you all don't experience that same 'advantage' at Mackey??
Please!
The 'we got homered ' routine gets really, really old.
You ever see a Duke or NC home game? How about Rupp?
How about the Mich St/ Gulf Coast game the other night?
Nothing to see there right? Lol

I had an amazing Thanksgiving, thanks for your concern. I deep fried two turkeys so that my two sons would have plenty left to take back to school and snack on. All that said, I still don't know why you post here.
I post here because I like college basketball. I seriously think iu beats UNC. I post more at GBI but since iu is a rival I like getting another perspective. Some of the fans are realistic and can be civil if something is posted they don't agree with. I don't think what I posted was untrue. Enjoy the unc game. I think you'll get happy.

They aren't 268th anymore Borden.
That being said, the goal at Carolina never changes....Run it down the opponents back and score at the rim. Biggest difference with this Carolina team? Maybe the best defensive team at Carolina since the 1993 Championship team.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if IU beats UNC and loses to Butler.
I wasn't impressed with Butler the other day. I believe IU wins that game going away.
The best game in Indy will be the Purdue & Notre Dame matchup. IU fans should watch that matchup closing as I think ND and IU resemble each other a great deal and how ND plays Purdue could be telling.

Check Pomeroy's. UNC had the best adj offensive efficiency in the country. We weren't bad at 6th, but they scored almost 3 more pts per 100 possessions. To me that says "running with them" and giving them more possessions statistically is a bad idea.

Reactions: quad runner
I wasn't impressed with Butler the other day. I believe IU wins that game going away.
The best game in Indy will be the Purdue & Notre Dame matchup. IU fans should watch that matchup closing as I think ND and IU resemble each other a great deal and how ND plays Purdue could be telling.

Really? I've been impressed with Butler this year. Everyone on that team can shoot, they have great ballhandlers who can get penetration and play great team defense.

It's basically a "turn JBJ over 10 times" team.

Really? I've been impressed with Butler this year. Everyone on that team can shoot, they have great ballhandlers who can get penetration and play great team defense.

It's basically a "turn JBJ over 10 times" team.
I guess I just caught them in an extended phase of poor offense. I do believe that Butler's best athletes will be matched against IU 's best defenders so I like the match ups for the Hoosiers.

Check Pomeroy's. UNC had the best adj offensive efficiency in the country. We weren't bad at 6th, but they scored almost 3 more pts per 100 possessions. To me that says "running with them" and giving them more possessions statistically is a bad idea.
OK. So IU just goes away from what they do? I'd take my chances running, opposed to trying to score in the HC, vs UNC.

I guess I just caught them in an extended phase of poor offense. I do believe that Butler's best athletes will be matched against IU 's best defenders so I like the match ups for the Hoosiers.

Fair enough. I was at a few Butler games in November and they impressed me.

Like I told Butler fans: I like Butler over IU in December, but if the game were played in January, I'd like IU.

They aren't 268th anymore Borden.
That being said, the goal at Carolina never changes....Run it down the opponents back and score at the rim. Biggest difference with this Carolina team? Maybe the best defensive team at Carolina since the 1993 Championship team.
No, they are not. But that wasnt the point of my post. IU was just fine "running" with UNC(last year). Our demise was because they done something they really hadnt done on year.......They made threes. And a lot of them. At a high percentage.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
ADVERTISEMENT